???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 386465 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (Why can't I hold all these imps?)
« Reply #2460 on: January 25, 2012, 02:56:59 am »

In unrelated news, why do finessekind weapons seem to suck so much? I mean, bladedkind uses the same stats (I think, unable to check right now), do more damage, have the same precision, and are more consistent. Finessekind doesn't get any special advantage or anything, it's just.... really weak comparatively
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: January 25, 2012, 12:47:41 pm »

In unrelated news, why do finessekind weapons seem to suck so much? I mean, bladedkind uses the same stats (I think, unable to check right now), do more damage, have the same precision, and are more consistent. Finessekind doesn't get any special advantage or anything, it's just.... really weak comparatively
Because if you read the footnote for Finessekind, they can actually do damage spikes depending on whether your final attack roll is odd or even. Plus you can dual-wield like a badass.

Then again, maybe the bonus-damage-depending-on-attack-roll thing is newer, since I had to redownload the manual somewhat recently.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: January 25, 2012, 01:50:16 pm »

>Mimi: Head to the temple first.

"There's only one of these on the map. It seems important."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: January 25, 2012, 02:26:01 pm »

Bladedmeleekind weapons do about the same amount as finessekind on average. Precisionmeleekind has the dubious distinction of having a 50/50 shot at doing more, by a fairly small amount, or less, by a fairly small amount. It's just a bit more random and inconsistent than bladedmeleekind.

Ok, first off, I'm sorry if I sounded like I was insulting you Blade. I assure you I didn't mean any offense.

Second, I didn't think the Damage curve was as tight as you discribed it. We have barely even stratched the surface of a game thats take weeks, maybe even months to complete in the canon, and we have already hit level 5. That can throw someones prespective off a little.

Also, "one use only" is not a plot trait in any respect. I clearly said that it was one use per enemy. Meaning I just can't use it against the same enemy twice.

Trust me. I'm in a 4th Ed game where our GM runs from modules, and he doesn't nerf encounters for us despite the fact that the current module we are on is 3 levels higher than we are. We struggle to hit anything, let alone kill it, despite the fact that our party is a whopping 7 adventurers versus the module being written to accommodate 5.

I haven't played that game in a while (which really sucks, I do enjoy that game, and it spawned one of my all time favorite characters), but I haven't forgotten those unbeatable encounters. In the most extreme example, we were nearly TPK'd in 2 turns. I unloaded all my dailies in the 2nd, then grabbed our paladin, who had less than a quarter of his health, and ran our asses out of there. Didn't kill one enemy. If we had, we'd have rested and taken out the other creature in the room.

Kind of went on a rant there, but what I'm trying to say is this: There is a very, very thin line between enemies who can't touch you, and you getting thrashed without getting so much as an attack in. Example: That fight with HB I didn't actually expect you to start. Ah, memories.

As for the item power, I'm still going to say no. We don't have any recurring enemies, at least right this minute, so it's kind of a pointless restriction. Besides, all items are encounter use only, you wouldn't be able to use it more than once per fight.

> Claire: Quickly alchemize before those two get here.
Somehow I feel like I messed up the math or something.

Double checked. Seems legit. I'll add it to the OP.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: January 25, 2012, 03:40:15 pm »

Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: January 25, 2012, 04:20:49 pm »

"MayBe We'Ll fInD anOtHeR moNiToR rOOm!"

>CR & KM: To the temple!

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: January 25, 2012, 07:53:09 pm »

"MayBe We'Ll fInD anOtHeR moNiToR rOOm!"

>CR & KM: To the temple!

The two of you start making your way across the land, crossing bridges as you go. The temple isn't ridiculously far from where the second gate dropped you off, but it is still a bit of a trek.

Of course, on the way, you encounter resistance.

Initiative please.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: January 25, 2012, 07:58:09 pm »

"LeT'S do ThIS!" Steve quickly drew his tonfa and got ready to dash forward.

>CR: Get ready to dash!

[6,9+11]=26

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: January 25, 2012, 08:10:33 pm »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: January 25, 2012, 08:13:56 pm »

The footprints and wheel tracks lead further into the emaciated section of the jungle. There are few vines to speak of, and those that there are aren't attached to anything sturdy looking. Are you sure that's what you want to do?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: January 25, 2012, 08:14:12 pm »

9+5+Initiative bonus~~~

>Mimi: Move two spaces up, switch to crossbow and use your long distance powers to send a bolt into the nearest Basilisk.

5+8+Uh... I guess now I add 2 to the original 10? So 5+8+12.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: January 25, 2012, 08:19:03 pm »

Since I'm probably going first I'll dash to the start of the bridge, and wait to see what the basilisk does.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: January 25, 2012, 08:29:59 pm »

The footprints and wheel tracks lead further into the emaciated section of the jungle. There are few vines to speak of, and those that there are aren't attached to anything sturdy looking. Are you sure that's what you want to do?
Sure. And then Danielle lands on her ass from trying to swing on a not-too-sturdy vine :P

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: January 25, 2012, 08:42:16 pm »

Since I'm probably going first I'll dash to the start of the bridge, and wait to see what the basilisk does.

Steve moves forward, waiting by his end of the bridge, to see what the basilisk would do.

Mimi, having truly seen what these creatures are capable of, steps forward and shoots to kill. The Basilisk withdraws into it's armored pads, nullifying all but 4 points of damage.

The imps on the far cliff mill around, but the closest one creeps forward.

The Fire Basilisk also creeps forward, and throws a blast of fire at Mimi and Steve. Both heroes dodge handily.

The Training Basilisk emerges from it's protective covering, and shoots Mimi a look. She quickly looks away.

Sure. And then Danielle lands on her ass from trying to swing on a not-too-sturdy vine :P

Alright then.

Danielle grabs onto another vine, and swings for the next tree. It pulls taut as she reaches the low end of the swing, and the branch supporting it snaps like a matchstick. She hits the ground with a heavy thump, and is stunned and dazed.

"OH SHOOT! HANG ON RL, I'M A-COMING!" Alex jumps down to the forest floor, and, being prepared for it, only mildly injures himself. He whines to himself a little as he limp-hops to Danielle's side. "ARE YOU OKAY? YOU AREN'T HURT ARE YOU? I THINK I MIGHT HAVE SOME VITALITY GEL SOMEWHERE IN MY SYLLADEX."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: January 25, 2012, 08:43:52 pm »

Oh you missed me with your gaze? That's just too bad shoot to kill. 6+6+12
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 335