???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 388309 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (I spell stuff wrong even when I'm not referencing SBaHJ!)
« Reply #2790 on: February 04, 2012, 12:56:58 pm »

185 other pages
I'm only at 56. 40 POSTS PER PAGERS UNITE

And as for summaries...
Spoiler: Character Summaries (click to show/hide)
I'd do a story summary, but that's probably better done by just having Apples ask questions - especially since I think she's supposed to be introduced to the session without knowing too much about it.

That and a story summary would be an unholy wall of text the size of Manhattan.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 01:18:01 pm by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: February 04, 2012, 01:01:59 pm »

GK's second prototype was his father. He threw himself into the sprite for unknown reasons.

Also I'm pretty sure BT would be guarding it up with Danielle ATM, since he seems to be all about that, from what he has said. Blade doesn't seem to want to post his actions though.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 01:05:01 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: February 04, 2012, 01:39:44 pm »

Welcome to the game! I'm Blade, and I run the place. If you have any specific questions about the system, setting, or any specific plot things you wish to do with your character, just let me know. I can and will forget things, so if I don't reply to a command, or post the wrong map, don't make note of an effect of your attack, or post the wrong map, call me on it.

Also, your art is great. Also also, I completely lost my shit at troll!loface.

Everyone's in-character pesterchum handles are available in the op with their character descriptions, as well as a pair of cast pictures.

I think he would've likely found some way to get down from the mountain by now (Doesn't really matter how.) and would be doing some kind of stupid Side-Quest for Boondollars. And about to pester Mimi a bit.

Seriously? Hell no. We don't fast-forward up to you being in the middle of some random quest. You're lucky I'm not a sadistic GM, you'd be at a red-bird military trial and separated from your sylladex.

Why are you so defensive all of a sudden? I never said the quest was important in any way, shape, or form, or that I would actually getting EXP Boon dollars from the quest. You need to face the fact that Sburb is an obscenely long game. We need to skip the parts of the game that are just boring completely unnecessary-to-plot side quests or just searching randomly for the next plot point. The reason I wanted to skip to this part is because its when Mikheal in my mind pestered Mimi as to the whereabouts of everyone. It could also set the scene for a god Strife with some Imps, which I have not had in a *Very* long time. I still remember that you knocked me out of the game for about a month (Maybe more), and I still do not appreciate it.
[/quote]

And what, pray tell, would be the point of an unnecessary quest, side or otherwise? Don't bother answering that, I'd rather we just move forward with the game.

And next time you decide to give me grief about being 'knocked out of the game for a month', remember a few things:

This game runs slowly. It isn't uncommon for a battle to take days, sometimes a week (or more) to be decided. Keep relative timeframes in mind.

You chose to attack an enemy you knew was out of your league, when the enemy was interested only in leaving your house. Even after being reduced to zero hit points, you weren't killed, and you want to complain? Seriously?

Now. You are in your house, and you are caught up to everyone else, in relative time. What are you getting up to?

Also I'm pretty sure BT would be guarding it up with Danielle ATM, since he seems to be all about that, from what he has said. Blade doesn't seem to want to post his actions though.

Yeah, John is right about BT. It's just aside that from hovering near Danielle, he doesn't do much unless there's a fight going on, so I don't really tend to call attention to him. So, yeah, everyone assume that BT is wherever Danielle is, and don't make sudden movements around her.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: February 04, 2012, 02:25:52 pm »

And what, pray tell, would be the point of an unnecessary quest, side or otherwise? Don't bother answering that, I'd rather we just move forward with the game.

And next time you decide to give me grief about being 'knocked out of the game for a month', remember a few things:

This game runs slowly. It isn't uncommon for a battle to take days, sometimes a week (or more) to be decided. Keep relative timeframes in mind.

You chose to attack an enemy you knew was out of your league, when the enemy was interested only in leaving your house. Even after being reduced to zero hit points, you weren't killed, and you want to complain? Seriously?

Now. You are in your house, and you are caught up to everyone else, in relative time. What are you getting up to?

But why are you getting aggressive now? There is no reason to get angry at me. If you didn't want Mikheal to been on some side quest, you could have just said that and I would've been fine. But you seemed to get so angry at me and say there was no way that Mikheal was ever get outside his house in that 3-or-so hour period, and that if he did he would've been just getting accused of some crime by the Red Bird Faction. Actually, now that I think about it, I would've also been fine with that, because it would mean that at least Mikheal was actually doing something in that time (It would've also been an interesting situation, but thats off-topic).

And to your two points:

1. Still, everyone else got WAAAAYYYY ahead of Mikheal in that time, and you were just effectively making me watch while everyone else had fun. Not cool bro, especially in an RPG.

2. This is hat I read that as: You decided to act in character, so I'm going to penalize you for it. We already went over this a million times. The reason Mikheal attacked was because I was being loyal to the character, and to me really RPing in a RPG is infinitely more fun then focusing on "phat lootz" or "moar levels". Not to forget that I didn't know that a Character that was only one level higher then me could smash my face in. Even if wasn't acting IC I would've attacked because from my perspective he wasn't much more powerful then me.

And on another note, I never really complained over the fact that you didn't kill me off. In fact, I as expecting you to. I am very grateful that you let my character live. What I am not grateful about is that fact that you didn't even let me wake up on Derse to RP in till a lot of time had passed. It was the fact that you could have let me done something in the time I was passed out, but you refused to do anything anyway.

If anything, you have insulted me repeatedly and now your completely ignoring some of my recent PMs. If I had much less patience and not much to look forward to in my characters I would've left by now.

But that doesn't need to happen. We don't need to get into this huge argument that will end up clogging this thread. Now, can we actually discuss is politely and calmly?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: February 04, 2012, 02:57:09 pm »

-snip-

Took that to pms.

Anyway, memo today is #Bay12RPGStuck. Main purpose of the memo is the conversation log (AL, RL, KM, SS, CR), but up until that's ready, all the players can come in and chat.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: February 04, 2012, 09:04:04 pm »

Spoiler: memolog (click to show/hide)

Fixed.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: February 04, 2012, 09:15:47 pm »

It still has OOC comments.

>Steve: Infiltrate the enemy base.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: February 06, 2012, 03:06:12 pm »

>Steve: Infiltrate the enemy base.

After settling down to sleep, You wake again in your bed on Derse's moon, determined to perform some reconnaissance on your enemy. Your first step, naturally, will be to get down to Derse proper. After checking to make sure your ninja mask is still in it's rightful place (it is), you fly out to the moon's surface.

You fly to the chain connecting Derse to it's moon, and begin to make your way across. At about the halfway point, you stop and consider that your dreamself doesn't have a sylladex, and you are thus unarmed. Troublesome.

If you want to proceed with your recon mission, make a stealth check for your approach to Derse.

I suppose now is a good a time as any to touch on what combat as a normal dreamself means. You are unarmed, unless you acquire a sylladex at some point for your dreamself (Though such a thing would be tricky, at best.) This means if you engage in combat, for whatever reason, your list of options is short indeed. Should you be caught in that situation, you are restricted to basic aggrievements as if you were using the fistkind abstratus, with no weapon precision modifier to your attack.

Also, during the memo, SirAaron raised the question of an exile based subplot, a la The Felt Intermission. That would be hard to do at best, considering there is a lot of pre-destination required for that to be a thing, especially considering we've yet to exile anyone in game, and even in the comic, we've never actually seen the exiling process, which results in me wanting to keep my distance from the exile thing a bit.

Maybe after the game comes to a conclusion, it'd be an interesting RTD? I dunno. If anyone has an idea of how I could make that work outside of doing a lot of predestined things or saying it's non-canon, let me know.

>BT: Take a nap.

Well, you've only been awake for close to twenty hours, but as long as the kids are having a chat amongst themselves, you think you can probably afford to steal some shut-eye.

Green like a bean, What happened in this Machine?

You decide to take a look around the crew quarters. Looks like this deck took a direct hit. You have a lot of room to move around between floors. You continue to follow the green line wherever you can spot an intact section of it. Eventually, you stumble upon a turtle poking around in one of the bunkrooms. He doesn't seem to have noticed you.

Also, Riccto, you can write-up Brian's removal any time you like.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: February 06, 2012, 04:04:20 pm »

After settling down to sleep, You wake again in your bed on Prospit's moon,

>:IIIII

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: February 06, 2012, 06:53:33 pm »

To be fair, it's mostly only confusing because everyone else around him is in Prospit.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: February 06, 2012, 07:15:26 pm »

"hell00 fell00w adventurer. it seems that i am n00t the 00nly 00ne attracted to this wreck" Smile
Raggle Fraggle

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: February 06, 2012, 07:56:00 pm »

>Something Horrible: Now that the 8-foot OP guardian is down, happen.

In all seriousness though:

>Mikheal: Proper Timeskip.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: February 06, 2012, 07:58:16 pm »

Wait... why would Riccto write up Brian's removal? Shouldn't it be Theros or whatever due to TB hacking the universe?

Not that I care, I'm more interested in getting someone else in.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: February 06, 2012, 08:19:38 pm »

I guess its going to be a combo effort considering both LH and TB are taking part in it.
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 335