???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 388280 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (I spell stuff wrong even when I'm not referencing SBaHJ!)
« Reply #3045 on: February 15, 2012, 03:55:54 pm »

You swing your mighty blade at the leader, but he sidesteps your attack again. Either he's better than you thought, or you're off form.
..Or maybe the GM doesn't think that any roll lower then a 20 should hit. :P  JK JK Don't take it seriously.
But in all seriousness Blade, what are these guys stats? I don't want to sound like I am complaining or demanding something, but it doesn't make sense that I can see ever other enemies stats, but not these guys stats. Even after a fairly good Insight roll.

>Mikheal: Ok stop fucking around. Your better then this. Slam the Leaders face in and Take a moment to get serious (Second Wind)

8 + 10 + 2 = 20

On my laptop, so actual combat update will come later.

You aren't really supposed to know there stats, you know. In most games I've played with, it's been considered bad form to look into the monster manual unless you're running. What insight does is it gives you a good idea of their capabilities, not their exact statistics.

Also, I think you did your roll wrong. You have your 2 dice, then precision bonus, and, for most attacks, also your attribute modifier,  and level. I think your level, attribute and precision bonus comes out to 10, so that could be it, but you've mentioned this is your first time playing a D&D system and it seemed odd to place that in the middle, and that two could be your precision bonus if you didn't add your level and such, so I wanted to make sure.

EDIT: No, wait, your passive bonuses should come out to 11, not 10.

Hahaha oh man looks like this is what happens when an agent succeeds their perception check.

>Mimi: Talk to the critter.

"Hello."

The turtle looks up at you, then returns to it's previous relaxed posture before responding.

"Hello. What brings you way out here?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: February 15, 2012, 05:22:13 pm »

"I'm an adventurer. What brings you all the way out here?"

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: February 15, 2012, 05:25:40 pm »

>Hide-ify in the below.

[5,9]+8=22
Raggle Fraggle

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: February 15, 2012, 06:23:32 pm »

You aren't really supposed to know there stats, you know. In most games I've played with, it's been considered bad form to look into the monster manual unless you're running. What insight does is it gives you a good idea of their capabilities, not their exact statistics.

Well, I guess I can see where that comes from. I'm just new to the whole DnD system and this is still my virgin run.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: February 15, 2012, 06:28:53 pm »

> Claire: Lie through your teeth.
"yeah, it's the most comfortable thing ever, you'll love it, i promise!"
Should I make a roll for this?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: February 15, 2012, 07:33:06 pm »

"Holy sh!t !t's been l!ke three hours, are they appear!ng or not? Were they jok!ng or be!ng sarcast!c?" Emily seems to be asking this to herself as a rhetorical question, though she could just as easily be asking the sprite to vent her mild frustration with her boring waiting game situation.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: February 15, 2012, 07:51:59 pm »

RL: Enter.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: February 15, 2012, 09:40:37 pm »

"I'm an adventurer. What brings you all the way out here?"

"I'm tanning. I tan here almost every day, if I can."

>Hide-ify in the below.

[5,9]+8=22

You dash onto the deck and drop through the trapdoor before anyone can stop you. You fall about 4 feet down into a pile of huge chunks of crystal. This area below deck glows softly, just like the cave you were in earlier today. Seems you've managed to make your way into the cargo hold. What now?

> Claire: Lie through your teeth.
"yeah, it's the most comfortable thing ever, you'll love it, i promise!"
Should I make a roll for this?

If you're trying to fool, antagonize, or make friends with someone by being an asshole but in an endearing way, it's trolling. In the spirit of keeping things moving, I rolled for you.

The droll says that it's probably okay then, and waits expectantly. Nice work!

RL: Enter.

You open up the trap door and climb down the stairs inside. It's dark inside, but there is a light ahead, at the end of a long tunnel. The tunnel is dark, wet, and smells like a combination of seawater and mold. It's pretty rank.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE DERSITES BRO!!!! I TOLD YOU DOG! (I hope I don't die here)

>Steve: FLY AWAY NOW. Pick up something to toss at the guards at the front door.

Your cover is blown, and you need to get out of there pronto. You speed down the hallway, only pausing to grab the nearest loose object, in this case a manageable sized tapestry, and speed toward the front gates. The guards hear you coming and cross their halberds across the exit. You expected this though, and throw the tapestry at the pair of them. While they fight their way out from under it, you zip out the door.

Air raid sirens burst into life as you make your exit. What now?

"Holy sh!t !t's been l!ke three hours, are they appear!ng or not? Were they jok!ng or be!ng sarcast!c?" Emily seems to be asking this to herself as a rhetorical question, though she could just as easily be asking the sprite to vent her mild frustration with her boring waiting game situation.

You question the existence of these monsters you've heard so much about when one of them blows through your window like the goddamn Kool-Aid man. Dammit. You knew that would happen. Four more smaller ones pile in after him. Bizarrely, none of them have faces. Just like your sprite before you gave him the mask...

Alright, this battle isn't exactly filled with tough monsters, so this should be fine for a tutorial battle. First part of any fight is the initiative stage. I roll initiative for the monsters and sprites, you roll for Emily. If you get top initiative, you move first.

If you roll well, you may want to call your move before I call the result, to save time. On your turn, you get three actions: Standard, which you can spend to attack or perform other actions that take a fair amount of time, Move, which allows you to either travel six squares, or travel one without possibility of attacks of opportunity, which is called a shift, or activate certain powers, and  Minor, which you can use to communicate with allies, if you have the requisite items or they're nearby, change weapons, or do something else that doesn't take much time.

Additionally, Standard Actions can be traded for additional Move actions, and Move actions can be traded for additional Minor actions.

On a completely different note, I like how Emily's battle sprite turned out, but I'm less enthused with BDSMsprite. Also, voodoo prototyped enemies will be signified by the sprites not having any faces.

Well, I guess I can see where that comes from. I'm just new to the whole DnD system and this is still my virgin run.

Right.

You swing your blade again, and this time catch the enemy leader full in the chest with your strike. He takes 26 damage and seems a bit scattered by your attack.

The sword fighter opposite the leader takes the opportunity to hit you in the back, dealing 5 damage.

An archer fires, and hits for 7 damage.

The other sword fighter swings, but you block the amateurish strike easily.

Another rain of arrows comes your way. Thankfully, your armor protects you completely this time.

The leader of the birds swings his pike at you, but it seems you knocked something loose with your last attack. He misses.

The remaining archer fires at you, dealing another 7 points of damage.

No one moved, and you have 10 hit points remaining. If I may make a suggestion, you should probably use Be the Knight next round, as it allows you to attack the leader and the two sword birds, and lets you take a second wind, even though you already used it. Be the One is also probably a good idea next turn, because it lets you hit every sucker around you. In subsequent rounds, Chasing My Shadow could provide you some mobility to hassle a couple of the archers.

Also, I was wrong, your current weapon lowers your attack by 1, so your passive attack is 10.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: February 15, 2012, 09:43:22 pm »

RL: Walk toward the light.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: February 15, 2012, 09:44:07 pm »

So thats what those abilities did. I think it this situation Be the Knight is likely my best option here, because Heal + Multiple attacks.

>Mikheal: Be the Knight
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: February 15, 2012, 10:02:22 pm »

So thats what those abilities did.

I- Did you not even- Why- you know what, never mind. Just, in the future, keep in mind that proper ability use is the key to bloodstained victory.

>Mikheal: Be the Knight

You consider your positioning and swing your sword around in a 360 degree arc, hitting all three of the melee fighters you're engaging. The enemy leader takes the runt of the damage via a BRUTAL AFFRONT, taking 30 points of damage, while his subordinates take 14 and 16. You are emboldened by your successful attack.

Enraged by your attack one of the swordsmen swings at you, but you parry his strike effortlessly.

An archer takes aim at you, but misses.

The other swordsman attacks as well, but you block him just like his partner.

Arrows block out the sun again. Most of the arrows miss their mark, but you are hit twice for an additional 13 damage.

The leader, obviously wounded, attacks you again, dealing 9 damage.

The last archer fires as well, and hits you for 4 points. You've been reduced to 10 health again.

RL: Walk toward the light.

You make your way toward the light. Once there, you can clearly see a veritable infestation of monsters. And in the distance, on a pedestal, you think you see some kind of weapon. Too tough to make out what it is at this distance though.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: February 15, 2012, 10:09:04 pm »

> Claire: Put away the little guy and grab Alex, we're going home.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: February 15, 2012, 10:13:40 pm »

> Claire: Put away the little guy and grab Alex, we're going home.

You captchalogue the Dersite. Alex puts on his underwater gear and hops into the drink, without you even needing to ask. Soon, you are both on your way back to your house.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: February 15, 2012, 10:19:39 pm »

>Steve: Get out of the pit using the buildings as cover. Fly with all your might.

[10,5+11] = 26 (Using buildings as cover counts as stealth right?)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: February 15, 2012, 10:23:56 pm »

>Steve: Get out of the pit using the buildings as cover. Fly with all your might.

[10,5+11] = 26 (Using buildings as cover counts as stealth right?)

Not really. It's more like using them as cover from missile weapons than anything else.

You get out of dodge, and the pit, flying between buildings in case of snipers. You hear a few loud cracks, but you don't feel anything but the wind rushing past you, so that has to be a good thing.

You've reached the top of the pit now. What's your next move?
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 335