???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 388418 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (I spell stuff wrong even when I'm not referencing SBaHJ!)
« Reply #3060 on: February 15, 2012, 10:27:50 pm »

>Steve: Fly me to the moon, and let me hide among the towers.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: February 15, 2012, 10:34:36 pm »

Stuff and words and explanations
Yay, tutorials; I bet I'll mess this up somehow*, but that's fine because tutorial.
Like Johnfalcon, this is also my first time actually participating in a game with the D&D system. I've used it a little in maptools, but all I really did was roll. If we're using terms like "virgin run", then I suppose one could refer to what I have done as D&D foreplay.
*I was messing up from the very beginning-- all the times I've rolled here, it's been init+modifier+1d10. I'm not sure how I figured that that was the way to do it; I probably misread something, did it once, and then rolled with it (pun may or may not be intended).

"Damm!t, th!s !sn't your house! You th!nk you can just bust !nto peoples' houses w!thout any consequences?"
CT: Move three spaces north. You want your whip to reach, but you don't wanna get too close.
[4,2+8=14]
amidoinitrite
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:41:57 pm by applesauce machine »
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: February 15, 2012, 10:40:06 pm »

@applesauce machine: Your attack roll is +11. It's your level + your highest stat modifier + your weapon precision.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: February 15, 2012, 10:51:01 pm »

@applesauce machine: Your attack roll is +11. It's your level + your highest stat modifier + your weapon precision.
5+20(or is it 4)+2+11=either 38 or 22
wadaboutnow wait, no rolls?

Also, when do I roll damage? If it's right now, then 2+4=6.

Damn connection, making my message modifications take forever and be totally unstealthy.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:08:46 pm by applesauce machine »
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: February 15, 2012, 11:03:27 pm »

Quote from: applesauce machine

[4,2+11=17]
FTFY

It's always [1d10+1d10+11]. Your rolls will be between 13-31.

Blade rolls damage.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: February 15, 2012, 11:05:01 pm »

RL: Retreat, then throw Claire another email saying you found something.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: February 15, 2012, 11:05:11 pm »

Examine the hold. Peer into the darkness.
Raggle Fraggle

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: February 15, 2012, 11:10:23 pm »

She's rolling initiative.

Stuff and words and explanations
Yay, tutorials; I bet I'll mess this up somehow*, but that's fine because tutorial.
Like Johnfalcon, this is also my first time actually participating in a game with the D&D system. I've used it a little in maptools, but all I really did was roll. If we're using terms like "virgin run", then I suppose one could refer to what I have done as D&D foreplay.
*I was messing up from the very beginning-- all the times I've rolled here, it's been init+modifier+1d10. I'm not sure how I figured that that was the way to do it; I probably misread something, did it once, and then rolled with it (pun may or may not be intended).

"Damm!t, th!s !sn't your house! You th!nk you can just bust !nto peoples' houses w!thout any consequences?"
CT: Move three spaces north. You want your whip to reach, but you don't wanna get too close.
[4,2+8=14]
amidoinitrite

Looks good.

Three of the imps react more quickly than you do, and charge you and your sprite. Two attack you, and of those two, one of them rolls high enough to beat your Armor Class. You take 5 damage from the creature's claws.

Your sprite is also accosted by one of the imps, but he dodges it's strike.

I will post a map every time someone moves, at least in theory. If I upload the same map twice, or the map doesn't match, tell me and I'll fix it.

Also, your previously chosen move is now invalid, so decide what you'll do in this new situation.

On a completely different note, if we're comparing D&D analogously to sex (hahaha, oh god my sides, ahahahaha!), I'm the Barney Stinson of D&D.

>Steve: Fly me to the moon, and let me hide among the towers.

You keep flying, and head back to the moon. Several more shots ring out, but you aren't hit. Soon enough, you are back on Derse's moon. You consider heading back to your own tower, but you can't be sure how safe that is. You're fairly certain that thing saw your face.

RL: Retreat, then throw Claire another email saying you found something.

You decide that this situation is much to hot to handle by yourself, so you head back out and close up the trapdoor. You text Claire  again, this time regarding your discovery.

Examine the hold. Peer into the darkness.

It's actually quite bright. Them glowy crystals are everywhere. You look around. There appear to be quite a few hatches, probably for ease of loading, and there's a much larger one near the bow. Maybe this is where they unload? Hard to tell.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: February 15, 2012, 11:16:47 pm »

RL: Examine the tunnel - could you safely funnel enemies through it without them getting a chance to surround you?
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: February 15, 2012, 11:18:19 pm »

*FACEPALM*

Yeah... You had +8... I'm getting too far ahead of myself. I was explaining the attack roll. Sorry.

>Steve: Fly far away, and hide yourself in the back of an alleyway. Cover yourself up and take a nap.

[1,9+11] = 21

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: February 15, 2012, 11:19:31 pm »

> Claire: Receive email. Reply that you can't come because you don't know where it is because it's in the middle of nowhere (and frogs).
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: February 15, 2012, 11:23:29 pm »

Radio Colonel for Mission Advice Snake! (Or DA)
Raggle Fraggle

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: February 15, 2012, 11:31:32 pm »

RL: Examine the tunnel - could you safely funnel enemies through it without them getting a chance to surround you?

The tunnel isn't narrow enough to guarantee that. It's about ten feet across at the entrance, and gets wider near the opening into the main opening where you saw all the underlings. On the bright side, nothing ridiculously huge can get at you more than one at a time.

> Claire: Receive email. Reply that you can't come because you don't know where it is because it's in the middle of nowhere (and frogs).

You cannot reply because you are underwater! The briny deep would surely short circuit your device.

*FACEPALM*

Yeah... You had +8... I'm getting too far ahead of myself. I was explaining the attack roll. Sorry.

>Steve: Fly far away, and hide yourself in the back of an alleyway. Cover yourself up and take a nap.

[1,9+11] = 21

You find a secluded alleyway, after some searching, and cover yourself as best you can before trying to sleep. Or wake up. Whatever.

A few moments later, you wake up in the laundry pile at Claire's place. You hear a PSHOOOES from just outside the building.

Radio Colonel for Mission Advice Snake! (Or DA)
BEEP BEEP.

You radio DA for some critical mission advice. He answers the radio, after which you quickly tell him where you are, and ask what you should do.

He asks you what your objective is that got you onto the boat in the first place.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: February 15, 2012, 11:36:53 pm »

To Gather Evidence of METAL GEAR To disrupt the Dersite Crystal Operation by removing at the source. I'm a player not a spy!
Raggle Fraggle

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: February 15, 2012, 11:46:55 pm »

RL: Sort of chill for a while, maybe make a signal fire on the island from some of the shit in your sylladex.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 335