???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 388482 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (Not above unannounced week-long hiatuses.)
« Reply #3315 on: February 29, 2012, 01:29:51 am »

I messed around a bit with it, it's pretty cool, but I kind of feel like it's cheating, what with the "making a song in seconds compared to my taking ages and long times". I'm just bitter though.
So what settings are you all using?
For RL's theme, I'm playing around with the Simple Instrumental March setting. TE's theme came from the ballad setting, and I got a pretty decent TB Strife theme out of the Punk Rock setting and a bit of editing. I also tend to shift stuff to four-thirds faster than the preset BPM depending on what I'm aiming at.

Who's for taking all of these and throwing them into an album?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: March 01, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

Who's for taking all of these and throwing them into an album?
I am. Maybe post their respective album art (if they all have any) in the OP and their links, or bandcamp or something since downloading things just to listen to them might be a bit of a hassle for some.
Also, I couldn't even get the cgMusic thing to open because I have dll problems, but that's a whole other topic.

THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:12 am »

Just a warning, but that whip only does 2[W] when you use the once per encounter ability. Otherwise it just does 1[W] like normal, but the unreliable trait stays with it at all times. Just something to keep in mind.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: March 01, 2012, 12:21:31 am »

Also, I couldn't even get the cgMusic thing to open because I have dll problems, but that's a whole other topic.
I did too, so I just nabbed the dlls off the interwebs, virus scann'd them, and threw them in the cgMusic folder. Worked like a charm, and it was free.

Right now, I'm busy being annoyed at FL Studio's demo version because I can't get the instruments in TE's Theme to match his Strife theme. I WANT MOAR GLOCKENSPIEL DAMMIT
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: March 01, 2012, 12:45:39 am »

So, that's Level two (one point), Level three, (two point), and half of a Level four (three points) alchemies then? Also, by my math, You have 5 and a half points left, unless you have some modifiers I don't know about.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: March 01, 2012, 12:56:28 am »

So, that's Level two (one point), Level three, (two point), and half of a Level four (three points) alchemies then? Also, by my math, You have 5 and a half points left, unless you have some modifiers I don't know about.
I must've misread something when I was assigning points (for example, when I was picking whether to have 3 or 2 for Retribution). I just went over the numbers again and yes, it is in fact 5.5.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: March 01, 2012, 08:17:27 am »

Right now, I'm busy being annoyed at FL Studio's demo version because I can't get the instruments in TE's Theme to match his Strife theme. I WANT MOAR GLOCKENSPIEL DAMMIT

Don't use FLS. Use LMMS. It's free.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: March 01, 2012, 05:42:15 pm »

But I also heard it sucks. I've also heard Reaper is pretty good, and it's technically free.

when did this music talk begin i mean wow
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: March 01, 2012, 05:45:07 pm »

It's really more how the program is used and less which program you use. LMMS is like Gimp or DF: a perfectly fine piece of software after you get past the hojillion initial hurdles.

We're talking about music because we're waiting for >Blade: Be the GM.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: March 01, 2012, 06:56:16 pm »

Well, since no one raised any objections to Theros' suggestion that the party at Claire's go through the fifth gate, we'll do that.

Alex rockets through the fifth gate with Steve in tow, waiting patiently on the other side for Danielle and Claire after stowing his rocketpack.

Steve notices fairly quickly that there is an enormous pyramid on the largest island you've seen yet so far. Which is where you're standing.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: March 01, 2012, 07:05:16 pm »

> Claire: Get a lift from your sprite.
Alternatively: lifdoff
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: March 01, 2012, 07:27:57 pm »

RL: FLYYYYYYYY

Also,
LMMS is like Gimp
And now there's no way I can avoid learning it. Darn insatiable curiosity.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:32:05 pm by TherosPherae »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: March 01, 2012, 07:32:26 pm »

The girls follow after Alex and Steve, arriving outside the pyramid. Alex waves.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: March 01, 2012, 07:33:17 pm »

RL: The hell is this shit? And where's the next gate outta here?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: March 01, 2012, 07:43:10 pm »

Alex turns and takes in the pyramid for the first time. "WOW. STILL A LOT OF FROGS HERE TOO."

Danielle looks around for the gate, and sees another one at the top of the pyramid.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 335