Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 176584 times)

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2011, 09:10:53 am »

IronyOwl, why are you tunneling on me?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2011, 09:38:18 am »

Shakerag, do you think you look scummy for replacing someone so lurky?
Shakerag isn't playing yet. Go do some actual scumhunting.
I was pressuring Jafferey, but that plan's been scuppered now. Dariush said in the post right before mine that Shakerag replaced Jafferey, which I took to mean the Shakerag has started playing. Although he might not have logged on since that post, I can still leave questions for him.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (town IC needed)
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2011, 10:13:06 am »

Ugh, that was a badly worded question.
Unvote mormota

I would ask Toaster a question, but since he became a Scum IC is he still actually in the game?

Dariush!
I answered already. No, he isn't.

Also, Jafferey has been replaced by Shakerag. The day is modextended by 24 hours to let our replacements get a hold of the current situation.

DARIUSH! Powder is NOT voting for me. Seriously.

It's called scumhunting. He asked you a total of two questions. Why do you feel so offended, perhaps cornered by two questions, Mipe9?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2011, 10:43:14 am »

Dariush said in the post right before mine that Shakerag replaced Jafferey,
Oh. Whoops. Totally didn't notice that.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2011, 10:54:04 am »

Hello everyone!  This is my first time, so be gentle and all that. 

Just to give some personal info, I'm in the Central time zone, and weekdays I'll be PFP, so posts may be scattered, but I'll be keeping an eye on the thread as I can.  Evenings are busy, as are weekend days.  I'm usually consistantly available nights (10:30 PM-ish CST), but that's at the mercy of my narcolepsy sometimes.

Well, looking at it the opposite way, if I was in a game and someone else who was lurky was replaced, I wouldn't have an immediate reason to suspect the replacement, because the person who was replaced was being lurky due to IRL issues.  Knowing that, unless there was an obvious slip-up in the replaced-person's posts, I feel like I'd have to get all new reads on the new person.

Powder Miner and Mindmaker, do you feel that asking everyone to ask you questions because you are "bored" is a scumtell?  Don't you think it would have been more townie-like to have been going after someone instead?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2011, 11:23:42 am »

Mipe9 for the most part.
But since this is a PBP I wouldn't be able to give an adequate explanation, other than "what they said".
That is an adequate explanation. Analyze what the others say. It's the whole point of Mafia.

Powder Miner, you going to respond to my post?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2011, 11:43:37 am »

Votecount:

• ed boy:
  • Orangebottle:
  • Mormota:
  • Shakerag: ed boy, Mormota,
  • mipe9: Jim Groovester, Powder Miner,
  • Mindmaker:
  • Powder Miner: Shakerag
  • Jim Groovester:
  • IronyOwl: mipe9,

Not voting: IronyOwl, Orangebottle, Mindmaker

The day will end Wednesday the 21th, 6PM GMT. You need 4 votes to extend and 6 to shorten.

LT for this game. (Mostly for myself, for easier votecounts, but feel free to use it)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:14:19 pm by Dariush »

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2011, 11:46:08 am »

Hello everyone!  This is my first time, so be gentle and all that. 

Just to give some personal info, I'm in the Central time zone, and weekdays I'll be PFP, so posts may be scattered, but I'll be keeping an eye on the thread as I can.  Evenings are busy, as are weekend days.  I'm usually consistantly available nights (10:30 PM-ish CST), but that's at the mercy of my narcolepsy sometimes.

Well, looking at it the opposite way, if I was in a game and someone else who was lurky was replaced, I wouldn't have an immediate reason to suspect the replacement, because the person who was replaced was being lurky due to IRL issues.  Knowing that, unless there was an obvious slip-up in the replaced-person's posts, I feel like I'd have to get all new reads on the new person.

Powder Miner and Mindmaker, do you feel that asking everyone to ask you questions because you are "bored" is a scumtell?  Don't you think it would have been more townie-like to have been going after someone instead?

You seem very careful about your phrasing. Why? You just came in and you instantly start giving excuses?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2011, 11:59:22 am »

Powder Miner was the one who was bored, I just agreed with him, because at that point in the game I had only been asked a single question.

Shakerag, I'll ask you the same question, as I asked the person you replaced. What do you think of mipe9 and his appraoch. I understand you just joined the game, so take your time to read up on it.

Mipe9.
I'm not quite sure what you did at the beginning of the game. It probably was supposed to be a trap.
Still, you pulled out of it quickly, as people started to question you, with no explanation whatsoever.
To your convenience this was the time where I started taking the heat, so you could lurk for a bit and let the situation cool of.
Explain yourself now or never.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 20, 2011, 12:11:53 pm »

You seem very careful about your phrasing. Why? You just came in and you instantly start giving excuses?
That's a fairly simple explanation.  I tend to trip over my own words when speaking, which leads to a fair bit of confusion as to what I'm trying to say.  So when I can "speak" in text, I tend to make sure that I'm being as clear as possible to avoid said confusion.  Also, my significant other is ... rather extreme about correcting my grammar on a daily basis, so I've been rather trained by her.

As far as giving excuses is concerned, if you're referring to my "personal info" paragraph, that was just info that I thought would be helpful to give everyone an expectation of when I might and might not be posting.  If you're referring to my response to ed boy, then you'll have to clarify for me what you felt was excuse making.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 20, 2011, 12:23:11 pm »

That's a fairly simple explanation.  I tend to trip over my own words when speaking, which leads to a fair bit of confusion as to what I'm trying to say.  So when I can "speak" in text, I tend to make sure that I'm being as clear as possible to avoid said confusion.  Also, my significant other is ... rather extreme about correcting my grammar on a daily basis, so I've been rather trained by her.

As far as giving excuses is concerned, if you're referring to my "personal info" paragraph, that was just info that I thought would be helpful to give everyone an expectation of when I might and might not be posting.  If you're referring to my response to ed boy, then you'll have to clarify for me what you felt was excuse making.

I'm satisfied. Unvote.

Mipe9.
I'm not quite sure what you did at the beginning of the game. It probably was supposed to be a trap.
Still, you pulled out of it quickly, as people started to question you, with no explanation whatsoever.
To your convenience this was the time where I started taking the heat, so you could lurk for a bit and let the situation cool of.
Explain yourself now or never.

You have not brought up anything new or original over the course of the entire game day. Why are you not doing anything, Mindmaker?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2011, 12:29:48 pm »

Shakerag, I'll ask you the same question, as I asked the person you replaced. What do you think of mipe9 and his appraoch. I understand you just joined the game, so take your time to read up on it.

I am inclined to think that mipe9 is likely a townie.  He had a very crazy and aggressive tactic early on to reaction fish, and I would think that, if he was scum, that would be a very risky thing to do, seeing as he has brought a lot of attention on himself for it.  I think that since he thrust himself into the spotlight early like that, the scum in this game would try and get an easy bandwagon going on him.  Therefore, looking at who was jumping on mipe9, why, and when could yeld clues about who is scummy this game.

Interestingly, you seem to be very focused on mipe9 yourself ...

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2011, 01:30:28 pm »

They might have claimed that it was due to IRL issues, that's not necessarily the case.

unvote shakerag
I'm going to have to ask you to clarify what you mean by tunneling, Mipe9. From what I could see from the post, he was criticizing your scumhunting skills, and the points he made were very good ones. Bad scumhunting is effectively active lurking, which is a scumtell. Once IronyOwl starts criticizing you, you OMGUS him, which is also a scumtell.

You've also posted sixteen times since the start of the game, and I've compiled a list of the ones that weren't just defending yourself from other people's questioning.
Your first post, with a nonsensical statment and useless vote
Your second post, where I somehow react wrongly to something that hadn't happened yet
Finally, an actual question
A question with an answer obvious enough to be considered rhetorical
A second proper question, eleven posts in
In an OMGUS, you ask IronyOwl why he voted you when in the same vote post he explained exactly why

You've been posting a lot, but you haven't been doing anything with your posts. Do you have an explanation, Mipe9?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2011, 01:43:37 pm »

You have not brought up anything new or original over the course of the entire game day. Why are you not doing anything, Mindmaker?
You think so?
How about you present me some of your achievements from Day 1?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2011, 05:07:02 pm »

unvote
Mindmaker, looking back, you haven't really been digging all that deeply.  You seem to be pretty content to ask one question, and sit back for a long stretch without branching out anywhere else.  After mipe9's act, you hopped on the bandwagon there and seem awfully keen to get others to hop on as well.  And your response to Mormota really smacks of OMGUSism.  It also certainly seemed odd as well, earlier, answering your buddy Orangebottle (who defended you) and not Jim.

So, what do you have to say for yourself and your obviously scummy behavior?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38