Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 176994 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe
« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2011, 12:04:01 pm »

As the sun begins to set, the result of the day discussion is decided. Mipe9, one of the young acolytes, has been chosen to be exiled. With heavy hearts everyone patiently waits as he meekly gathers his last earthly possessions and goes out of the gates into the unhospitable mountains where he will die from exposure and hunger in the nearest time. Afterwards, the remaining monks go to their hovels as the sleepless hours begin to pass. Finally, after Mipe9 is too far away to be called back, everyone hears a dark cackling laughter in their minds: "Fools! You have convicted and exiled an innocent person! Tonight, I'll come one more step closer to my goal!"

Night 1 has begun. It will end 24 hours from now, whenever that is for you. Send in your actions!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:15:19 pm by Dariush »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Night 1 - Border of Life and Death
« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2011, 11:03:30 am »

It's the morning of a new day, and people slowly gather on top of the mountain. Everyone's arrival is greeted by a short burst of gladness that is immediatly dampened by the realization that among you the two killers still remain. Finally, it becomes obvious that OrangeBottle, and after a quick search of his hovel, you can see why - his lifeless body is slumped on the floor, blood splatted around. He was town.

Day 2 has begun. It will end Tuesday, 6 PM GMT BST whatever timezone I want.

Also, Mormota asked me to convey that he won't be availible until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:15:24 am by Dariush »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 2 - Mountain of Faith
« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2011, 11:26:04 am »

Mindmaker, are you very surprised by these revalations?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2011, 11:47:21 am »

Well, hmm.  That's kind of interesting, because Orangebottle was up there on my suspicious persons list.  Not as high as Mindmaker, but still up there. 

I have a hunch Jim will hop in here and yell at me for this, but I think it is possibly noteworthy that Orangebottle was focusing on Powder Miner before his untimely demise. 

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 22, 2011, 01:16:11 pm »

Mindmaker, are you very surprised by these revalations?

I was very suprised yesterday, because:
Jeez, stacking votes much? Vote to extend.
Also, come on ask me some questions, I'm bored.
I'd also like to second that extension.
I want at least have some more posts by Jafferey.
Extend
Extend

That's four, the amount needed to extend the day.
That wasn't like planned. I wanted to clarify my position to Mipe9 and question him. This wasn't supposed to be my final vote...

Shakerags summary

Good. You proved that I'm a bad player.
How about you actually give a good reason before casting votes?
Because you're voting me, without actually asking a question, even though you have nothing on me.
Not to mention that you've been tunneling me from the moment you joined the game. If the day hadn't ended so suddenly, I'd still believe you were desperately trying to defend your scumbuddy...

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »

I extended the day anyway due to two replacements and assumed that previous requests were void.

Or I could have simply missed the first two (though I obviously didn't, duh).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 22, 2011, 02:23:21 pm »

I have a hunch Jim will hop in here and yell at me for this, but I think it is possibly noteworthy that Orangebottle was focusing on Powder Miner before his untimely demise.

You have good hunches.

Don't look into the nightkill for reads. It's one of the least productive things you can do. You don't know what the scum's motives were for trying to kill anyone, so don't try to supply your own. You will be wrong.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2011, 03:09:15 pm »

Mindmaker's list of posts

Oh, yeah. Day ended before I could take a swing at this.

This is not an argument. This is a list of Mindmaker's posts. Summarizing them tells me nothing.

You need to have a point that you're making, and you need to find the best evidence that supports that point. Not all evidence possible.

That wasn't like planned. I wanted to clarify my position to Mipe9 and question him. This wasn't supposed to be my final vote...

So you're saying you would've changed your vote?

Why didn't you sooner? Why was your vote on mipe9 instead of the person who was going to be your final vote?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »

Powder miner, you didn't seem to do any in-depth scumhunting. You dotted lots of questions around, but following through was a bit of a rarity on your part. Can you supply an explanation for this?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2011, 03:33:01 pm »

So you're saying you would've changed your vote?

If he would have been able to answer my questions adequately, sure.

Why didn't you sooner? Why was your vote on mipe9 instead of the person who was going to be your final vote?

Because he didn't reacted to my vote the right way/I didn't get to explain/I didn't expect the day to end so suddenly.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2011, 03:54:16 pm »

Then who was the person you were going to swap your vote to?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2011, 03:59:48 pm »

This is not an argument. This is a list of Mindmaker's posts. Summarizing them tells me nothing.

You need to have a point that you're making, and you need to find the best evidence that supports that point. Not all evidence possible.

Fine, fair enough.

1) He's doing a hell of a lot of "active lurking".  His posts are, by and large, responses to other people, but he's doing practically no scumhunting.  That makes me think that he's scum or AT BEST he's doing nothing to help town.

2) Post [8] is, like, the lamest cop out for not scumhunting ever.  Look at the questions being asked by everyone else and get inspiration from that.  Or, at least, analyze what other people are posting and focus on that.

3) His responses to questions tend toward defensiveness [12], [13], [20] at least.

4) Took over FOUR days between asking any substantial question to anyone

5) Voting for mipe9 after two other people had voted for him.  In other scumhunting guides I've seen (mafiascum.net) that's in the common range for scum to throw in their hat on a bandwagon.  Also suspicious since this was the first real activity against anyone he'd made in four days. 

6) Possibly not a strong tell, but his wording in post [16] ("you" instead of "we")

7) Confronted by Mormota about his lack of activity, he reponds with an attack against Mormota instead of ... well, anything of value.

He's done nothing to help the town side.  He's been responding defensively, and has poor justification for his actions.  He's scum, and I would like to see him hang.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2011, 04:02:49 pm »

Fine, than replace me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2011, 04:09:18 pm »

More stuff

Seven is still a lot, especially if you admit some of them are weak and shaky.

If you had to reduce it to three, which points would you pick? Which posts would you pick to show your points?

Fine, than replace me.

Quitters gonna quit.

If you want to get better at the game, why don't you quit being a whiny buttface and play it through.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2011, 04:44:04 pm »

More stuff

Seven is still a lot, especially if you admit some of them are weak and shaky.

If you had to reduce it to three, which points would you pick? Which posts would you pick to show your points?

Why would I want to reduce it to three?  Why seven "still a lot"?  Isn't the whole point here to oust scum with as much proof behind our accusations as possible?  And even if I admitted that one point is not as strong, since I think it is significant enough to note, why not include it with everything else and let the other players judge what I've presented for themselves? 

I know you're an IC this game, but I'm not a person that just accepts what I'm being told.  If you're here to teach, and I'm supposed to learn, then you're going to have to tell me reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38