Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 176578 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 2 - Mountain of Faith
« Reply #330 on: September 27, 2011, 11:16:09 pm »

Annyway, Urist Imiknorris, I'm also a little suspicious of Shakerag for not doing much other than stare at Mindmaker. He should be scumhunting others, he isn;t and Mindmaker isn't answering him at all.
I am the Mindmaker. It is me.
[/quote]

Oh.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2011, 11:19:22 pm »

Might as well, Jim.  Might as well.

There's legitimate issues and then there's irrelevant bullshit.

My IC opinion of another player is irrelevant bullshit and I will not let you make an issue out of it.

Oh.

Are you at all worried about the votes on you?

You've had your vote on IronyOwl for a while now but I haven't seen much motion on your part to justify it being there.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2011, 09:21:04 am »

Shakerag, didn't you find anyone else suspicious other than Mindmaker? Why did you focus on him alone, not even bothering to ask a few questions from other people?

I think I responded to a similar question from one of the ICs earlier, but basically I first was suspicious of Powder Miner, and later Mindmaker stood out to me more.  Looking back at my earlier notes, I was pretty suspicious of Orangebottle (whoops), but I was focusing on Mindmaker to see if I could get him to panic and slip up.  I was expecting a number of different outcomes, but him up and quitting derailed my mental train of thought so badly, it took a while to clean up the clusterfuck of mental train cars and bits of mental train passengers. 

tl;dr - lol tunnel vision

Whoops? I find that suspicious, Shakerag. Why would you say whoops? There's no reason as town to point out how that suspicion was wrong. What I see is that as scum, you're trying to appear town. Why did you say that?

Mormota, according to the LT, you seem to be pretty single-minded in chainsawing me. Apart from one minor question to IronyOwl and your recent question to Shakerag, your only non-responsive actions have been hacking away at me. Why have you not been looking at someone else?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 28, 2011, 09:42:35 am »

Whoops? I find that suspicious, Shakerag. Why would you say whoops? There's no reason as town to point out how that suspicion was wrong. What I see is that as scum, you're trying to appear town. Why did you say that?

And there's no real reason for scum to point it out either.  It was just an expression on my part to note that my suspicions of Orangebottle turned out to not be true. 

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe
« Reply #334 on: September 28, 2011, 09:42:54 am »

Votecount:

• ed boy:
  • Mormota:
  • Shakerag: Mormota,
  • Urist Imiknorris:
  • Powder Miner: Jim Groovester,
  • Jim Groovester: Shakerag, ed boy,
  • IronyOwl: Powder Miner,

Not voting: IronyOwl, Urist Imiknorris,

Extend: Jim Groovester, Urist Imiknorris

The day will ends in two and a bit hours. You need (in total) 3 votes to extend and 5 to shorten.

Please tell me if I missed something.

LT for this game. (Mostly for myself, for easier votecounts, but feel free to use it)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:30:58 am by Dariush »

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 28, 2011, 10:39:12 am »

And there's no real reason for scum to point it out either. 

Yes there is. I even pointed it out. Inexperienced scum could think that makes them look like town.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 28, 2011, 11:03:35 am »

And there's no real reason for scum to point it out either. 

Yes there is. I even pointed it out. Inexperienced scum could think that makes them look like town.

And, as has been pointed out in this game many times, inexperienced town can (and likely will) do things that make them look like scum.  I feel like this thread of thought will drop into WIFOM-mode quickly, but if you want to keep talking about it, I'll oblige. 

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 28, 2011, 11:27:58 am »

The day ends in half an hour.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2011, 12:01:12 pm »

Oh, goody, lynching the IC.

That's an intelligent move. Especially with the strength of the cases.

Pat yourselves on the back, you dumbasses.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2011, 12:52:40 pm »

Oh, goody, lynching the IC.

That's an intelligent move. Especially with the strength of the cases.

Pat yourselves on the back, you dumbasses.

Insulting people will make them want to get rid of you however scummy you look. It's not a question of mafia skill, but basic human psychology. However, this is sort of stupid. Extend.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 28, 2011, 12:55:17 pm »

Aw, just as I was writing the day-end flavor... :(

The day is extended by 24 hours.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:59:05 pm by Dariush »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 28, 2011, 12:57:13 pm »

Insulting people will make them want to get rid of you however scummy you look. It's not a question of mafia skill, but basic human psychology. However, this is sort of stupid. Extend.

I am not required to be nice, I am required to teach.

I will be nice when the situation calls for it. E.G., I have to lead a completely helpless newbie by the hand to get them to even start scumhunting.

I will be wrathful and terrible when the situation calls for it. E.G., I have to bust the asses of newbie hotshits.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 28, 2011, 01:12:18 pm »

I was going to wait until D3 to post this, but here we go:

With the game so close to the end of the day, a vote at this stage is pretty serious, and you seem to be throwing yours around rather lightly.
This is a very good point, ed boy.

Also, why are you so quick to condemn powder miner? None of your recent posts have been hammering away at him, and you haven't shown any attention to him at all recently, which makes your sudden change of heart very suspicious. Given how close we are to the day's end, I can't believe that this is a simple pressure vote. You seem very keen for powder miner to hang for a mild case of inactivity, and I don't like that at all, Jim Groovester.

You seem to have done the same thing in the same post, except with even less than I had. Ed boy, your words don't match your actions. Explain yourself. I also find it interesting to note that if it weren't for the extension, you would have cast the final vote on both lynch-ees. I'm also having difficulty accepting your explanations for my previous line of inquiry. Don't be surprised if I go back to that.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 28, 2011, 01:15:04 pm »

Shakerag, I'll have your case on me now. I don't know exactly what it is but I have a feeling it's artificial and contrived because you have your sights set on bagging an IC. Now that there's an extension, you can't quietly let the deadline pass without answering my questions like you were planning.

ed boy, I'll have your case too. I have a feeling it's less artificial and less contrived because you're not going about it like you know everything there is to know about playing the game already. Still, I would know what it is and why my answers are apparently unsatisfactory.

Also, extend again.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 28, 2011, 01:15:32 pm »

I am not required to be nice, I am required to teach.

I will be nice when the situation calls for it. E.G., I have to lead a completely helpless newbie by the hand to get them to even start scumhunting.

I will be wrathful and terrible when the situation calls for it. E.G., I have to bust the asses of newbie hotshits.

I was just pointing out that newbie hotshits may want to lynch you even if they don't find you scummy, because they might not like being called newbie hotshits.

I am not getting anywhere with Shakerag. Outright denial is not helping, but there's not much I can do. Unvote, I guess.

Powder Miner, people call you out on lurking and vote you for not hunting, yet when you come back you outright ignore a recent replacement and not actually ask any questions? Get out there and ask questions, scum. If you find Shakerag suspicious, then why don't you ask him questions?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38