Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 175802 times)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 2 - Mountain of Faith
« Reply #360 on: September 29, 2011, 09:15:48 am »

Outright ignore? Now why are you making things up Mormota? I didn't even know Urist was the replacement- I miss things pretty easily.
And the "lurking" people have been calling me out for is life, and you need to deal with it, why precisely would you ignore that? Also, what the heck is calling someone out on saying the word "whoopa?" That's completely ridiculous. And if you want me to drop the question on Irony and ask someone else one, so be it, unvote Irony (I think) Mormota, What's up with ignoring several of my posts in addition to voting shakerag for saying the word "whoops"?

Well. Not reading the thread, just randomly posting is outright ignoring everything everyone has said. Urist was very active by that time. Please point out which of your posts I ignored. About voting someone for saying whoops, well. It is a perfect opportunity for scum to, they might think, "prove" they're town by acting as if they felt sorry for being suspicious of someone who was NKed and was town.

Ed boy

Mormota, according to the LT, you seem to be pretty single-minded in chainsawing me. Apart from one minor question to IronyOwl and your recent question to Shakerag, your only non-responsive actions have been hacking away at me. Why have you not been looking at someone else?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

You asked me a question, I didn't understand, and you can't be bothered to explain? Why did you even ask the question then?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 29, 2011, 09:16:58 am »

Ed boy's name is in blue there, I'm still voting Powder.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2011, 09:49:14 am »

The lurker tracker doesn't know that, and I think that's what Dariush uses to track votes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 29, 2011, 10:02:19 am »

Ed boy. Powder Miner. There we go.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2011, 10:40:59 am »

I asked you for your case and then you tell me you don't have one. Why are you voting me again?
Basically, I accepted your point on mipe9 vs. Mindmaker, scrapped my second point about your comments about Mindmaker (because that was IC commentary, not game commentary), and I feel kind of "ehhh" on the Powder Miner vote.  So that pretty much leaves me at a "suspicious" level with you for now.  Vote's still on you for now because God of War kept me from looking at the thread last night.

And, on that (second) point, I think Toaster had a good idea back at the beginning about putting IC-commentary in square brackets.

You seem convinced that somebody on mipe9's lynch had to be scum. You have already been advised on why this is a terrible idea. I suggest you listen.

Additionally, you've talked about how you found Orangebottle suspicious. What were your reasons?
Maybe not 100% convinced there was scum on the vote, but suspicious, certainly.

Re: Orangebottle - I don't have my notes on him anymore, but skimming through the D1 posts it looks like
1) Focusing on mipe9 (earlier on)
2) Seemingly defending Mindmaker to you (who I was very suspicious of at the time) and Mindmaker was answering Orangebottle's questions and not yours before going to bed. 
3) Opposing extending D1 on the 21st.

Not anything to make a case out of, but things that caught my attention.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 29, 2011, 10:42:43 am »

Vote's still on you for now because God of War kept me from looking at the thread last night.

Yet you still haven't taken it back. Lies, lies and lies, scum.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 29, 2011, 11:01:19 am »

Vote's still on you for now because God of War kept me from looking at the thread last night.

Where's the lie?  I never said I was going to change my vote.  I still think Jim is suspicious, and until I find someone more suspicious I'm content with keeping it there.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 29, 2011, 11:02:12 am »

Where's the lie?  I never said I was going to change my vote.  I still think Jim is suspicious, and until I find someone more suspicious I'm content with keeping it there.

Because you said the only reason the vote was on him was God of War. This is obviously not true since it is still on him.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 29, 2011, 11:43:20 am »

Because you said the only reason the vote was on him was God of War. This is obviously not true since it is still on him.
That would be because I'm still re-reading through the thread this morning to find someone I'm more confident about being scum. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 29, 2011, 12:21:47 pm »

IronyOwl:  Looking back, you seem to have much more of an issue with Powder Miner than with ed boy.  Why is your vote on the latter?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2011, 02:14:28 pm »

The problem is, simply pointing out a bad line of questioning doesn't help a huge amount, or at least doesn't help as much as saying why.

I did. Every time.

If I weren't playing the game, I would have the same opinion about everybody's progress as I do now, so is my opinion really all that relevant to the game itself? NO.

You didn't listen to what I had to say.

Well. Not reading the thread, just randomly posting is outright ignoring everything everyone has said. Urist was very active by that time. Please point out which of your posts I ignored. About voting someone for saying whoops, well. It is a perfect opportunity for scum to, they might think, "prove" they're town by acting as if they felt sorry for being suspicious of someone who was NKed and was town.

What?

What are you saying here? I think there's something that you might be wrong about but I have no idea what it is because this is incomprehensible to me.

I asked you for your case and then you tell me you don't have one. Why are you voting me again?
Basically, I accepted your point on mipe9 vs. Mindmaker, scrapped my second point about your comments about Mindmaker (because that was IC commentary, not game commentary), and I feel kind of "ehhh" on the Powder Miner vote.  So that pretty much leaves me at a "suspicious" level with you for now.  Vote's still on you for now because God of War kept me from looking at the thread last night.

So not only are you voting me for absolutely no reason at all, you're also being lazy about it.

Nope, not suspicious at all.

Boy, am I glad I asked you about your case, because if I didn't I wouldn't have known how much scummy bullshit you're pulling to keep your vote on me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2011, 02:35:50 pm »

It feels to me like you're using your IC position to undermine lines of suspicion and questioning against you.
You keep saying this, but you're not really providing examples or (sound) explanations for why he's wrong. Producing either would do wonders for your case.
Just off the top my my head, there's this.

When people do get answers out of you, they are often brief and can be inconsistent.
Examples. I assume you mean in a scummy way?
Take this, for example. The actual answers are only about a sentence each, and not particularly long sentences. As for inconsistent, there was the whole issue where I asked him what he thought of the scumhunting and he said that he was mostly happy, when he had recently spent several posts shouting at half the other players for bad scumhunting.

If you simply say 'no, that's a bad question', then I'm going to try a minor variation on it to see if that variation constitutes a good question. If I get similar responses, then I won't know if you're town and being honest, or if you're scum trying to dissuade me from a perfectly good line of reasoning against you. However, if you were to say 'That's a bad question because of X,Y,Z', and explain the reason why it's a bad question, then not only will I see that it's a bad question sooner, but I will have a better idea of what constitutes a good question and what constitutes a bad question, and I can avoid bad questions in the future.
First of all, it's generally better to trim down quotes where possible, to avoid the WoT effect. More relevant to the subject, why don't you just ask about it? You've got two players who's main purpose is to help you play the game better, and you're playing trial-and-error with them using bad questions, without so much as bothering to explain that it's a pain in the ass? Why would you ever do that?
It's because nobody would intentionally ask a bad question. I don't know that they're bad questions.

For example, there was the picking I was doing at Jim. At the time, I thought it was a perfectly good line of questioning, and the only person who was saying otherwise was Jim, whose claims I wasn't going to take as gospel given that he was the questionee. If you had told me that it was a bad idea, instead of doing absolutely nothing, then it would have come to an end a lot faster, and it would have saved us both huge amounts of hassle.
I assumed you remembered and trusted Jim's starting thing about how he'll always be impartial as far as IC advice goes; ie he won't tell you your suspicions are shit just because he doesn't want to get lynched. Thus, I assumed Jim was handling your IC needs, especially since most of what I'd have had to say would be more or less parroting him.

Once again though, if this wasn't the case, why didn't you just ask me about it?
Because I didn't know it was a bad line of questioning. As far as I was concerned, it was a good line of questioning, and actively asking you to criticize it would be unnecessary. Even if you said the same thing, I would take someone's criticism of my arguments a lot more seriously if they did not have the incentive of being the one argued against.

Mormota, according to the LT, you seem to be pretty single-minded in chainsawing me. Apart from one minor question to IronyOwl and your recent question to Shakerag, your only non-responsive actions have been hacking away at me. Why have you not been looking at someone else?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

You asked me a question, I didn't understand, and you can't be bothered to explain? Why did you even ask the question then?
I apologize for missing that. What I meant was that you seemed to be tunneling a lot, and I was asking you why you had not picked at other people the same degree.

The problem is, simply pointing out a bad line of questioning doesn't help a huge amount, or at least doesn't help as much as saying why.

I did. Every time.

If I weren't playing the game, I would have the same opinion about everybody's progress as I do now, so is my opinion really all that relevant to the game itself? NO.

You didn't listen to what I had to say.
I will admit that I was a bit too sceptical of your answers, but I would heavily dispute your claim that you offered a good explanation every time. There's no explanation here, for example. Even when you do offer explanations, they're rarely satisfying.

That would be because I'm still re-reading through the thread this morning to find someone I'm more confident about being scum.
So you have your vote on someone you're not confident is scum, at this stage in the day?

If you haven't formed a strong opinion, then you should have voted to extend, which you did not. You were twice perfectly willing to lynch someone without being confident about it, which I find very scummy, Shakerag. Your vote's been sitting on Jim for quite some time, even when you admit that you have nothing bit a gut feeling about it.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 29, 2011, 02:48:09 pm »

PFP:  Unvote.  I wasn't planning on letting that sit out there as long as it has, but stuff happens.  Yeah, I've still got a gut suspicion on Jim, but I suppose it doesn't warrant letting a vote sit on him for now.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2011, 02:55:34 pm »

PFP:  Unvote.  I wasn't planning on letting that sit out there as long as it has, but stuff happens.  Yeah, I've still got a gut suspicion on Jim, but I suppose it doesn't warrant letting a vote sit on him for now.

Then why didn't you unvote until you had been called on it?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 29, 2011, 05:08:00 pm »

Then why didn't you unvote until you had been called on it?
Yesterday evening I dropped my case on Jim; was going to look at the thread in the evening and didn't.  This morning, caught up on questions asked; was going to look over the thread in more detail and RL stuff happened.  This afternoon, I (along with a number of you) noted that I still had my vote on Jim, but lacking anything significant and still being RL busy, unvoted somewhat belatedly.  Had I known yesterday that I wouldn't have gotten around to finding my next-most-suspicious person until now, I would have unvoted then. 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38