Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 175799 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII
« Reply #420 on: October 03, 2011, 11:09:08 am »

Votecount:

• ed boy:
  • Mormota:
  • Shakerag: IronyOwl, Mormota, Urist Imiknorris,
  • Urist Imiknorris:
  • Powder Miner: Jim Groovester,
  • Jim Groovester:
  • IronyOwl: Powder Miner,

Not voting: ed boy, Shakerag,

Extend:

The day will end IN ONE HOUR. You need (in total) 3 votes to extend and 5 to shorten.

LT for this game. (Mostly for myself, for easier votecounts, but feel free to use it)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 2 - Mountain of Faith (one replacement needed!)
« Reply #421 on: October 03, 2011, 11:29:06 am »

Shakerag, you never said who your next-most-suspicious person was
True.
, you didn't vote them, and you didn't question them.
True and true.
Why not?

"IDK my BFF Jim"

I'm fairly worried about one or both of the ICs being on the scumteam, because I think we'd be all thoroughly fucked if that happened.
...Does BFF mean scumbuddy? If not, why are you trying to buddy up to him?

In regards to your first point, that's because I never got around to filling that position, ergo I couldn't vote/question said non-existant person.

In regards to your second point, I haz a parody.

<sarcasm>Maybe I should request a replacement too, since that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.</sarcasm>

@IronyOwl: Well, my vote for scummiest behavior couldn't go to anyone other than Powder Miner, for reasons which should be blatantly obvious.  As far as "useful" scummy behavior ... well, whether or not Jim's "meta" is flaming asshole, I still think it comes off as a little suspicious.  Urist has been tossing his vote around like beads at Mardi Gras, so that strikes me as a little off ...

Oh, hey, looks like I'm about to be strung up.  Well, might as well extend if it'll do any good.  If I'm still alive in a little bit, I'll answer your questions, Mormota. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 03, 2011, 11:46:05 am »

Extend. Shakerag, which IC are you more worried about being scum, in terms of how badly they'd destroy the town?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 03, 2011, 01:05:49 pm »

Shakerag, you never said who your next-most-suspicious person was
True.
, you didn't vote them, and you didn't question them.
True and true.
Why not?

"IDK my BFF Jim"

I'm fairly worried about one or both of the ICs being on the scumteam, because I think we'd be all thoroughly fucked if that happened.
...Does BFF mean scumbuddy? If not, why are you trying to buddy up to him?

In regards to your first point, that's because I never got around to filling that position, ergo I couldn't vote/question said non-existant person.

In regards to your second point, I haz a parody.

<sarcasm>Maybe I should request a replacement too, since that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.</sarcasm>

@IronyOwl: Well, my vote for scummiest behavior couldn't go to anyone other than Powder Miner, for reasons which should be blatantly obvious.  As far as "useful" scummy behavior ... well, whether or not Jim's "meta" is flaming asshole, I still think it comes off as a little suspicious.  Urist has been tossing his vote around like beads at Mardi Gras, so that strikes me as a little off ...

Oh, hey, looks like I'm about to be strung up.  Well, might as well extend if it'll do any good.  If I'm still alive in a little bit, I'll answer your questions, Mormota.

Why did you not respond to my post?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 03, 2011, 01:08:26 pm »

I am blind. Do not mind me. Though I sort of fail to see why you would make a post not including some stuff, but that's personal preference, I guess.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 03, 2011, 01:16:38 pm »

Today, another acolyte in chosen for the exile. The few, so very few remaining people guide Shakerag out of the gates, nobody looking him in the eyes. After long hours of arguing everyone's throat is sore, and nobody sheds a word as Shakerag walks out of the gate. His time has been spent in arguing and pleading, but now only silence emanates from him. Again people wait through the long hours of the night, and again they hear a cackling laugh in their minds: "Know that you exiled no traitor, but a lawful monk, and one who could have saved lives!"

Shakerag was lynched. He was a doctor.

Night 2 has begun. It will last 24 hours. Send in your actions!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another morning comes, and another one from your number is missing. Today it's Jim Groovester who's lying in a pool of his blood. A search of his hovel revealed no special possessions - he was plain townie. Today is the last day - either you find one of the spirit's followers today or none shall live to see tomorrow's dawn.

Day 3 has begun. It will end Friday, 6 PM GMT.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mormota, IronyOwl, care to explain your votes? You both seem to have been rather quick in voting Shakerag, and I don't really see any justification for Irony's vote, and Mormota only slightly justified his.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

Mormota, IronyOwl, care to explain your votes? You both seem to have been rather quick in voting Shakerag, and I don't really see any justification for Irony's vote, and Mormota only slightly justified his.

Could you please explain why you found my reason not satisfying enough? What is it you did not see as good enough about it?

IronyOwl, you were there, occupied with Powder Miner. Someone you stated as not finding suspicious. Then why didn't you bother with anyone else near the end of the day, other than your quick vote on Shakerag? Why did you not ask for an extension to get an answer to your question? I am not going to accept "I was asleep". You could have asked before.

Powder Miner, what is your opinion on the replace?

Off-topic, but no PMs: The Arena Battles redux thread: What mod did you use for those metals? You sort of didn't answer at all yet.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you please explain why you found my reason not satisfying enough? What is it you did not see as good enough about it?

There was a total of six posts made in this thread on Sunday. Between your questions and your vote, there were three. One of these was ed boy asking for a replace, so two. Why did you consider a lack of a response to be grounds for a vote when there was so little happening?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why did you not ask for an extension to get an answer to your question? I am not going to accept "I was asleep". You could have asked before.

I'd ask you the same question, Mormota.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

Why did you not ask for an extension to get an answer to your question? I am not going to accept "I was asleep". You could have asked before.

I did not ask a question. I stated a fact, that he was not responding to my questions.

There was a total of six posts made in this thread on Sunday. Between your questions and your vote, there were three. One of these was ed boy asking for a replace, so two. Why did you consider a lack of a response to be grounds for a vote when there was so little happening?

Exactly because so little was happening, perhaps? Are you saying that my argument saying nothing is happening is invalid because nothing is happening? What?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh well.

It's lylo. You have reached the point in the game where you have to lynch scum today or the town loses. Look carefully at each of the players remaining. Go through every day and closely examine them for anything that feels odd or out of place to you. If you find something, ask them about it. Once you've looked over everything and gone over the evidence, make your best judgment.

Good luck.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did not ask a question. I stated a fact, that he was not responding to my questions.

AHEM. YOUR QUESTIONS. Why did you not ask for an extension to get answers to them?

Alternatively:
See? Question. Answer it.

Exactly because so little was happening, perhaps? Are you saying that my argument saying nothing is happening is invalid because nothing is happening? What?

I'm saying your argument that Shakerag wasn't doing anything is insufficient for a vote because nobody (except IronyOwl) was doing anything at the time.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

IronyOwl, you were there, occupied with Powder Miner. Someone you stated as not finding suspicious. Then why didn't you bother with anyone else near the end of the day, other than your quick vote on Shakerag? Why did you not ask for an extension to get an answer to your question? I am not going to accept "I was asleep". You could have asked before.

Powder Miner, what is your opinion on the replace?

Off-topic, but no PMs: The Arena Battles redux thread: What mod did you use for those metals? You sort of didn't answer at all yet.

My opinion on the replace? Oh crap, not again. That said, don;t use it as an excuse to vote ed boy- last time this happened, and you should remember this vividly, Mormota, because last game you let ORangebottle get away with a LyLo vote on Flandre, and bang, game over.

Off-topic: Also, there was around page 59 instructions for the metals, on the original Arena Battles! thread.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38