Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203]

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 354578 times)

qurvax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #3030 on: September 22, 2023, 11:44:51 am »

This is a long shot since I have only vague memories of it, but:

A game from probably the early 2010s. It was 3D, (probably) free to play, and was played with a client downloaded on the PC. It was a strategy (RTS?)-type scifi game that had you building on planets with… probably some larger scale space stuff with spaceships and invading planets and whatnot. I think it was a MMO.
I have only — again — vague memories of briefly playing it. It sort  of makes me think of Supreme Commander? I kind of remember putting down power plants, maybe. There might have been some kind of designer section to the game with some degree of customization to units and/or buildings?
I don’t believe you had any kind of physical avatar or character in the game world.
I highly doubt it’s still a thing today, by virtue of what I remember of its scale and the fact that I probably haven’t heard of it since. Feels like the kind of game I would have heard about since then if it’s still going.

Importantly, it was not Shores of Hazeron. I know this sounds like it’s Shores of Hazeron to anyone familiar with it, but it definitely was a different game.
That being said, it’s been almost definitely over a decade since I briefly played this game and I’m sure the memories of it have been corrupted by memories of other games. So if anything else seems even somewhat similar to even one part of the description, it could be it.
Yep, I do remember something very much similar to what you have described. Can't remember the name tho, sorry. It's much older than 2015. Actually was trying to find it like 15Y ago by myself and failed. It was already dead then, i suppose. What i do remember of it: 100% MMO, persistent world, "space" as in there was more than one planet, with ships that transported resources. Also mining. There was tons of little mines owned by players all over the (starting?) planets. That's all. This is gonna be one hell of a thing to dig up :)

Also, I have request of my own. Maybe someone remembers something like god-game, where you indirectly control small tribe of prehistoric peeps that strive to survive? I do remember playing a demo or very early access of it, probably on steam, like 5Y ago, but can't find any trace of it on my PC/whishlists/etc. It did have 3d graphics, in vaguely similar to astroneer style. Demo progressed as far as to get some basics like well and, i guess, temple of sorts, and then getting your first newborn peep. Any ideas?

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: October 03, 2023, 12:35:38 pm »

I have two I have been trying to figure out for the life of me. Both were on those "100 Great Games" Cd's you could get way back in the day full of shareware.

First one was I THINK a 4x of some sort. All I remember is that the ship designer was just adding more and more modules between the bridge and the engine, so that ships looked like trains.

Second one was you against four bots sent to mine iridium on a planet in the outer solar system. There were auctions for land and that sort of stuff.

Not much to go on, but any help is appreciated.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: October 03, 2023, 12:55:37 pm »

Could the second one be MULE, or one of its remakes?

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: October 03, 2023, 08:21:59 pm »

Could the second one be MULE, or one of its remakes?

No, I checked.

I seem to recall that every character was some sort of robot.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: November 03, 2023, 12:47:26 pm »

A game about exploring underwater in a sub.
you are boxed in by reefs and rocks, in a 2d map.
fish swim back and forth and are hard to avoid.
I played this game when I was very young, over 25 years ago, probably more.

You weren't able to take that many hits from the fish, which made the game very difficult later on.
it was fairly colorful at first, but the later fish were more sharks and, uh angler fish?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: November 03, 2023, 02:59:37 pm »

Oh, I think I know exactly what game you might be talking about. It was an edutainment game, right? You solved various math problems to proceed? Your only weapon was an ink shooter that temporarily stunned fish?

If so, it was called Operation Neptune.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 03:01:08 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: November 20, 2023, 06:48:21 pm »

tactical combat party based roguelike - post apocalyptical or dystopian universe, you are in control of a party of idk adventures or something - what I remember is that it had sleek pixel graphics and the concept was that you were driving a giant sand-crawler like thing thru the (desert) world doing battles and needing to track fuel and shit like that. also purple?
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: November 21, 2023, 07:22:10 am »

I played this game you speak of, but can't remember the name. You were trying to get to some utopian city, but when you got there they sent you back to fight the boss.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: February 01, 2024, 03:28:27 pm »

It was a demo of wargame/tabletop simulator from early 2000s?
I distinctly remember it having few scenarios, including fantasy themed one, where you had a Prince and few loyal bodyguard being attacked by a group of orcs-goblins. Another was a sci-fi about hyper-powerful mega-tank clearing out a desert map outta horde of small vehicles/enemy commandos.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: February 01, 2024, 08:07:31 pm »

Oh, I think I know exactly what game you might be talking about. It was an edutainment game, right? You solved various math problems to proceed? Your only weapon was an ink shooter that temporarily stunned fish?

If so, it was called Operation Neptune.
That does looked like it.
Yeaaa, though I think it looked way better on the old crt screens.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: February 01, 2024, 09:26:14 pm »

It was a demo of wargame/tabletop simulator from early 2000s?
I distinctly remember it having few scenarios, including fantasy themed one, where you had a Prince and few loyal bodyguard being attacked by a group of orcs-goblins. Another was a sci-fi about hyper-powerful mega-tank clearing out a desert map outta horde of small vehicles/enemy commandos.
Was it kinda like Battle for Wesnoth?  It was released in 2003 and the main campaign sounds like that, though it didn't ship with any sci-fi scenarios when I played it.  And it wouldn't have a demo, being free.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203]