Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1571 1572 [1573]

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2338189 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23580 on: July 22, 2024, 08:28:01 am »

Guns 😵 Winning 🤜 Being right 🤜 Being wrong 🤜 Critics 🤜 Artists 🤜 Paint 🤜 Invisibility 🤜 Alertness 🤜 Ambush 🤜 Sniper 🤜 Recoilless rifles 🤜 Tanks 🤜 Infantry 🤜 AA guns 🤜 Napalm 🤜 The Vietcong 🤜 The USA 🤜 Leaving the UN 🤜 International treaties 🤜 Nuclear weapons 🤜 Guerilla warfare 🤜 The USA invading Iraq 🤜 Oil fields 🤜 No fuel 🤜 Generator 🤜 Power cut 🤜 Electrolysis 🤜 Carbon dioxide 🤜 Fire 🤜 Plant 🤜 Soil 🤜 No soil 🤜 Enough earth to fill the hole 🤜 Hole 🤜 rock

Thank you for giving me some non-standard responses to what beats fire Akura.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23581 on: July 24, 2024, 12:01:57 am »

Just randomly exploded, and I'm pretty sure it's X-Wing Alliance Upgrade's fault.

I was doing the Rendezvous with Defector mission, which turned out to be incredibly frustrating.  You waste about 7 minutes doing a braindead assault on a space station before following an escaping shuttle back to the Rebel fleet.  They get intercepted by a star destroyer and interdictor cruiser, and you have to destroy the interdictor so they can escape.

I failed that like 5 times because I was overwhelmed by enemy fighters and kept getting shot down.  Once I finally managed to survive long enough for the interdictor to be destroyed, only for the star destroyer to destroy the Liberty and cause the mission to fail.  Each time you have to repeat that 7 minute part at the start of the mission.

After looking the mission up, I was reminded that there's an option to call reinforcements buried in the MFD.  Tried that and the mission went much easier.  I actually completed it and followed the Liberty to the hyper buoy, where it left.  Green on objectives.  Victory!

Then... mission failed!  The Liberty was destroyed after leaving the system!

I follow the hyper buoy to the next system and see debris floating everywhere.  Oddly, there's still an option to enter the Liberty's hangar, and when I try it my X-Wing just explodes.

I'm pretty sure the upgrade patch broke the placement of some ships and the Liberty spawned on top of the Redemption and they both exploded or something.  I just skipped the mission after that.  Sick of it at this point, and I did win.

Up next is the mission to stop Kupalo from escaping in the shuttle, which is the mission I hated the most as a kid.  I only ever beat it once, and ejected from my ship on the way back like an idiot, causing me to fail it anyway.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 1571 1572 [1573]