Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710]

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1310442 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10635 on: June 21, 2024, 11:47:24 am »

Five extra balls, two buy-ins, one billion points and two fragments locked.

Pretty good run in all. Doubt I'll ever "win" this game, but steadily doing better's fine by me.

Pro Pinball: Timeshock!
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10636 on: June 22, 2024, 05:44:16 pm »

I've been a Legend scrub for ages. But today, after banging my head against it for 12-14 attempts with bots, I finally broke down and opened up the game to randos... And after a few starts, with their help I managed to break through and complete Dark Omens on Cataclysm.

All for a silly frame, which I'm not even gonna use on the career I managed to take through that process... But man if Warrior Priest doesn't let me feel like I'm still contributing to the team, even if I do play like a mildly concussed chimp.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: June 30, 2024, 11:41:00 am »

Threw myself into masses of debt doing so, but I beat the absolute shit out of America as Mexico. While troop-for-troop I wasn't as strong, I used the conscription efforts edict to strengthen myself. My army went from about 50 to 200 units. The US just couldn't keep up with that. Got a couple of small territories out of it, revoked their claim on Texas, and released New Africa to damage their economy. Should have done New England, but oh well, didn't think of it.

Next step, invade the US.

Victoria 3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: June 30, 2024, 12:20:43 pm »

Issued a judgement giving harsh punishments to poachers. Then I proceeded to fund further construction of my village with a combination of poaching and robbery. You know, doing things in the proper medieval way.

After returning to Pribyslavitz and dropping off the coin, I encountered a poacher in the woods. First he talked shit to me, so I walked over and just grabbed the meat from the deer he killed(it didn't flag as stolen for me, because the woods - and all game therein - are mine to use as I see fit as Bailiff), which provoked him to raising fists against me. That's right, the tattered-clothed poacher saw the guy covered head-to-toe in full plate armor and had the full legal right(and probably, responsibility) to straight up murder him, and decided to throw hands. After pummeling the crap out of him, he begged to surrender. I said "no", and he pulled an axe. So I pulled my longsword, and mortally knocked him to the ground and then stomped his head in. Also in the proper medieval way.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: June 30, 2024, 05:22:04 pm »

Game's approaching its end. Mexico has become a major power (Not *the* major power, but one of them, and the only one with a major presence in the New World). I've beaten America back into being about half its size, stalled only because the infamy from conquering a single state is too much for me to be arsed to deal with. The British Republic tried to take the Haudenosaunee nation from me and I won that war, liberating Canada and taking Belize as well as getting a nice 80K/week injection for five years for my trouble. Pretty much nobody can actually stand up to me so long as the war's on my turf.

Next up is turning myself into the predominant communist power. And not the shitty authoritarian communism, the one where everyone has a voice. Might even go for an anarchist state if the opportunity arises.

Mexico enters the 20th century full of hope and power!

Victoria 3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10640 on: July 01, 2024, 02:28:02 am »

Unifier of Africa bro.

The last four counties (of over 400!) were held by the Abassids, who were on par with me in terms of troop number, so I hatched a plan to murder all of the current emperor’s children to make it easier.

Turns out it was even easier than that; the eldest child had twins born three months before I assassinated him, and then he inherited the Abassid title shortly after that.

Their troop numbers went from 30k+ down to 16k, and they had a massive civil war while I took the remaining counties for myself, though I did have to become a truce breaker to do that. Oh well.

Now I just need to mop up the heathens and convert the last few counties to Bori, and I’ll have got the ‘chievo for converting all African counties to a reformed African faith after starting as a particular character.

It only took me 280 years!

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: July 01, 2024, 12:08:59 pm »

Cleared the final dungeon, got a neat sword.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: July 06, 2024, 04:30:51 am »

Absolutely nailed the latest PokeDoku. Given I rarely ever succeed, breezing through one felt good.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: July 06, 2024, 08:04:05 pm »

Random encounter with a slave trader. Bought an assassin girl at a similar level to mine, price was pretty reasonable. Since she's a melee fighter while my other companion was a healer and I'm a spellcaster, she got killed a bunch of times, which tanks their relationship value. Paying to raise them doesn't restore the relationship. She even claimed I treated her badly :'(.

A few careful gifts and conversations(and doing a slightly better job of not getting her killed), I managed to get it back up to a more neutral level.
Spoiler:  And then (click to show/hide)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: July 09, 2024, 12:42:36 pm »

A mechanoid cluster woke up at the same time a massive sightstealer attack occurred, and immediately afterwards we were attacked by 6 manhunting grizzlies.

Total casualties: Four pigskins from a caravan, three downed-but-rescued (They triggered the cluster). Two downed pawns, one lost arm, one lost thumb, a bunch of minor injuries. Some of my relations with the pigskins.

Total wins: Bunch of stuff from the caravan, materials from the cluster, 22 sightstealer corpses, 6 rotten bear corpses, some recovery of relations with the pigskins from rescues.

All that with one machinegun and two SMGs, and everyone else with various axes, gladiuses etc.

Rimworld

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10645 on: July 11, 2024, 06:38:02 pm »

Beat the game's superboss, who is basically DIO voiced by Alucard*.

Setup was a Betelgeuse gun with diamond bullets and Recycler Hat(infinite ammo, pain in the ass to get), Flame Armor, Solomon's and Traverser's Rings for as much attack power as I could. Equipped shards were Welcome Company(to shield me during his timestop), Accelerator for mobility, and a maxed out Firearms Expertise for gun. Betelgeuse is the third-best gun, but second best has issues with actually hitting and the first best is a helluva money grind. Basic enemies outside the main base were taking over 300 points in damage per shot. The boss took a little over 190, and has ~10k.

The main difficulty from the fight is simply reacting to his attacks quickly enough. First move is to flip the room over right away, which avoids the main danger of contact damage. His fire pillar and ice shard attacks can be dodged by running to the opposite side of the room before they fire. The only real danger is his jump attacks which can hit the ceiling, and of course, his timestop. It's pretty much impossible to dodge that, but Welcome Company can block some of the hits.

After one or two failures, the whole fight felt easy.

EDIT: Broke the game some more before fighting the final boss. Took me waaay too long to find the Augment Gold shard, which causes money drops to increase dramatically. By about 100x more. Quickly got the Gilded Youth achievement, an achievement that, according to Steam's statistics, is the third-rarest non-DLC achievement(I don't know if the Overlord achievement requires the DLC) that's been gotten, with only 16.3% of players having it at the time of writing. Then I spent pretty much all of that money on stuff to enhance other passive shards - fun fact: if you max out the rank of a passive(yellow) shard, it becomes a permanent skill(white) shard that's always active... and you can still equip the yellow one to double up. It also took me way to long to realize that you needed to get extra copies of shards before they really get useful.

Equipped two Traversal Rings, which boosts stats based on map completion - I have literally one single chunk missing for 100%.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 08:14:00 pm by Akura »

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: July 20, 2024, 03:07:00 am »

I've just cured my fear of cyberdiscs using stolen autolasers. Also helped that some high-ranking academy gimps blasted themselves with sleep blaster bombs. Didn't even have to savescum that much.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10647 on: July 22, 2024, 05:43:40 am »

Sliding in just before the cutoff point for the weekly, I managed to pull through with a win... And a real win at that, not just carried through by other players, as I had multiple clutch moments and was regularly saving/clearing for the other randos who'd joined in. Damn near soloed the extremely rough minotaur who showed up in the final arena.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: July 24, 2024, 06:48:35 am »

Finally got around to beating Book of Hours. Two months before release of DLC that will probably make it how it was supposed to be from the start.  >:(

EDIT: Why does 'City Never' sound so comfy? And how is one supposed to find 'The Three and the Three', dear god.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 09:44:30 am by MCreeper »
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710]