Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1396 1397 [1398]

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 1736886 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20955 on: April 02, 2020, 01:37:35 pm »

There's an April Fool's snapshot out.

Love or hate him, CaptainSparklez had a pretty genius idea for an adventure map requiring you find books to reach the next segment. You'd have to do a bit of searching to locate non-fucky worlds but I kind of love the idea.

You could do that in modded using RFTools Dimensions but vanilla has zero barriers to entry so that's a big win in my book.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20956 on: April 02, 2020, 03:41:52 pm »

The neither portal sounds like a pretty viable way to add infinite dimensions to vanilla minecraft.

Have you heard of the mod Mystcraft?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20957 on: April 02, 2020, 04:51:56 pm »

The neither portal sounds like a pretty viable way to add infinite dimensions to vanilla minecraft.

Have you heard of the mod Mystcraft?

Of course.

Mystcraft is decidedly not vanilla, though. There's a big difference in having to hunt down a bunch of pages and craft a bunch of mod-specific stuff vs. writing stuff in a vanilla book and tossing it into a nether portal.

I'm on the fence as to whether a vanilla implementation should be entirely chaotic (seed based on the book's content), or if certain word structures in the book should correspond to how the dimension is structured (basically an even closer approximation of the D'ni world-building language than Mystcraft's pages).

In the end, custom dimensions is probably very slightly outside the scope of what would improve vanilla.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:53:40 pm by Niveras »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20958 on: April 18, 2020, 04:02:13 am »

Not sure if anyone here is interested, but minecraft bedrock (win10 edition) has RTX open beta. You need at least RTX2060.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20959 on: July 07, 2020, 10:25:45 pm »

I noticed the modpack "Project Ozone 3 A New Way Forward", and how it says "the fun begins when the quests end". Has anyone tried the pack, and can they confirm that some cool shit happens when all the quests are completed?
Pages: 1 ... 1396 1397 [1398]