Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216605 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1035 on: November 08, 2011, 09:05:27 am »

I found everyone but Pinkie. She's a goshdarn ninja! Can't see 'er anywhere.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 08, 2011, 09:59:59 am »

I found everyone but Pinkie. She's a goshdarn ninja! Can't see 'er anywhere.

Same here. Normally, you'd think she'd be one of the easiest, considering she's PINK.
Also often called Boowells.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 08, 2011, 10:25:09 am »

Personally, I find the notion of pegasi (that's one of the proper plurals) running while flying quite outlandish. I mean, they're flying for godsakes. It's especially jarring with the pegasi-carriage shown in the series pilot (carrying Twilight to Ponyville). Not only are the two pegasi guards running (at a gallop, no less), but the carriage's wheels are spinning. In the air. Seriously, what the?

Magic. *snort* *snort*
Fixed that for ya.

Leave it to me to internet-memefy your day. I am, after all, the Minister of Overused Memes.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 08, 2011, 10:27:52 am »

I could not find Pinkie either. So I cheated and asked google.

Even when you know where to find her, she's still hard to see. And she isn't pink here :P

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 08, 2011, 10:32:04 am »

Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle are super easy to find, the rest of 'em... not so much.
Edit: Oh hey, found Rarity. Still don't see Pinkie or Fluttershy, though.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 08, 2011, 10:32:40 am »

Well, considering how they hid AJ... I wouldn't be surprised if they hid her somewhere in the ceiling tiles. But I looked everywhere, there included. No dice.

ninja edit: yeah, I suspected as much. It's actually too small, even at this resolution. You'll never guess it's her even if you stare straight at her.

In the meantime, leaving the Urist-Dash scene as a sketch. Now experimenting with expressions, with Starkey and Applejack:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 08, 2011, 10:58:31 am »

I found everyone but Fluttershy.

Now why am I doing this and not something productive?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 08, 2011, 11:08:35 am »

I found everyone but Fluttershy.

Now why am I doing this and not something productive?
This is Bay12.

We murder dwarves, watch ponies, and flay elves.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 08, 2011, 11:31:06 am »

Well, considering how they hid AJ... I wouldn't be surprised if they hid her somewhere in the ceiling tiles. But I looked everywhere, there included. No dice.

ninja edit: yeah, I suspected as much. It's actually too small, even at this resolution. You'll never guess it's her even if you stare straight at her.

In the meantime, leaving the Urist-Dash scene as a sketch. Now experimenting with expressions, with Starkey and Applejack:

"What? It's just only a deadly weapon."

This story has gotten me thinking way too much about how pony weapons work.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 08, 2011, 12:04:10 pm »

"What? It's just only a deadly weapon."

This story has gotten me thinking way too much about how pony weapons work.
As do I.

The crossbow probably is not like humanoid ones. It is most likely similar to a reign, with the trigger inside the ponies mouth. The mechanisms would be on the sides, along with the string. The string would wrap around the front corners, and the bolt could be either loaded into some kind of chamber in the front, or the crossbow could hold 2 bolts at once, and have one on each side.

Yes, I just applied logic to a pony fired crossbow.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 08, 2011, 12:10:30 pm »

Alternately, the body of the crossbow is strapped to the foreleg. The bow is set by pulling the cocking mechanism back using a rope that is gripped by the teeth. The weapon is triggered by a different rope designed to be placed around the hoof, which curls in to pull the rope.

If I weren't in school, I'd probably draw a diagram.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 08, 2011, 12:21:11 pm »

If we went by logic, the ponies would never have a crossbow. They'd use slings.

But since we already have one, I think the crossbow would be quite like the human ones (if only because there's only so far you can deviate before it stops being a "crossbow"). It'd have a loading lever extending out front, so that the string can be drawn by just stomping the hoof down. The bolts would either be held in simple magazines, each next bolt fed into the slot by the same action that draws the string, or inserted by magic or mouth (since pony forelegs appear quite flexible) from a quiver on the opposing foreleg. The trigger can be a long rod, slightly sideways from the crossbow body, so as to be pushable by either the opposing foreleg or, in more precise aiming mode, the nose.

Yeah, I'll redraw it, a bit later. Right now I'm more interested in whether or not I managed to communicate the expressions right. I was considering a slightly different angle for AJ, but what I got is as good as I could make.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 08, 2011, 01:18:23 pm »

I went with two different designs for mine: pegasi models, which are basically horsebows (light crossbows, analogous to smoothbore pistols) with a repeating mechanism operated by mouth crank, which draws the string, cycles the magazine, and fires the bolt, draws the string, etc. These are mounted on the lower section of the foreleg.

Earth pony models are heavier, and held and fired with a half-moon shaped handle in the mouth, which has a pressure-trigger similar to the levers used in human crossbows. These can use either a similar crank, or an inline pulling handle to draw the string.

Unicorns don't need bows. See: the latest chapter of my fic. Not the best, particularly in terms of the second half, but you see why they don't. Incidentally, unicorns don't need a grip on their blades, so I design them as blades with a 4-directional guard and a large metal spike beneath that that acts as a counterweight to maintain proper balance. Also, a sack full of razor blades with a unicorn is like an automatic shotgun loaded with flechette rounds.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 08, 2011, 04:29:36 pm »

I can see Pinkie and TS now.

Damn, it is easier when you compare it to the original.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 08, 2011, 04:45:53 pm »

I had to stare at Pinkie for half a minute before I could even start to make her out. I knew it was her, but she's about as clear as stirred-up mud.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 153