Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216537 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1020 on: November 08, 2011, 01:07:22 am »

Pic idea:

Luna and Rainbow Dash arm in arm wearing winter wrap up vests with a shared dialogue bubble saying "Now with 240% the fun!"

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 08, 2011, 02:31:10 am »

-ahem-

LOL PAEG SIXTY-NIEN LOL LOL LOL

That is all.

In other news, Luna X Big M: The Reboot is go on the TwitterPonies feed!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 08, 2011, 02:49:19 am »

-snip-

Cue getting banned for writing all this.
I managed to completely miss this description the first time. Must've been a subconscious reflex from reading TBP's parts of the fic.

Anyway, yeah, that sort of thing might get you banned from the fandom, and everywhere it even partially resides. FOREVEEEEEER.
On the other hand, there's already stuff like the Sweet Apple Massacre around, so perhaps not.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:15:40 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 08, 2011, 04:01:28 am »

-snip for nonbannedness when someone reports it-
I managed to completely miss this description the first time. Must've been a subconscious reflex from reading TBP's parts of the fic.

Anyway, yeah, that sort of thing might get you banned from the fandom, and everywhere it even partially resides. FOREVEEEEEER.
On the other hand, there's already stuff like the Sweet Apple Massacre around, so perhaps not.

That's what he was thinking would happen if Studio B made a troll episode.

Anyway.

The show has several 'pairings', by which I mean two who bounce off each other. Not shipping.

Rarity pairs off with Applejack.
Fluttershy with Rarity
Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie and Applejack
Twilight doesn't bounce off anyone in particular.

So, new mind canon.

Twilight is a person suffering from both hallucinations and multiple personality disorder. Each of the five others represents one of her personalities, and her difficulty integrating them. Spike is her psychiatrist, who she believes is in love with her. Celestia is her guardian/caretaker.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 08, 2011, 04:04:02 am »

It would probably show the girls doing extremely disturbing stuff. Twilight would be snorting meth or popping pills so she could continue studying despite her tiredness, and then start hallucinating from sleep deprivation. Fluttershy would be walking through the forest and then get raped by (or submit to) some wild, horny animal. Rarity would take Spike into her bedroom for some extremely harsh BDSM and possibly blood play. RD would molest Scootaloo, who would very happily submit. Applejack would teach Applebloom how babies are made by having Big Macintosh demonstrate on both of them. Finally, Pinkie Pie would probably be slowly chopping up the Cakes in front of one another for trying to evict her.

Cue getting banned for writing all this.

You'll always have a place here... no matter how broken...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 08, 2011, 04:25:42 am »

*Arglebargle* *headdesk* Why isn't this scene working?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've been struggling to compose this image properly for, what, an hour now? Why does it keep looking wrong to me? Must be perspective somewhere. And wings are still the new hands. Also, I got anatomy, mechanics, illumination... why do I have to add aerodynamics to the list of things I learn(ed) for drawing pictures?

And, for the record, I'm not whining. I'm complaining. :P

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 08, 2011, 04:53:00 am »

Best ponyfic I've read in the past week:

Best Night Ever

Prince Blueblood is Bill Murray from Groundhog Day. Contrary to the tag, it does appear to be complete.
Funny you should link that, I read that the other night and found it quite good too. The author's note at the start regarding his/her approach to character development really showed the thought put into the story, and the story itself was worthy of the six star it received on EqD. It's not a long fic, so if any haven't read it I'd suggest spending an evening with the story.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 08, 2011, 06:16:50 am »

*headundesk* Mkay, this seems better.

I'm kinda wondering, do I keep posting here or switch over to the TGF thread? It's not like there's a lot happening here, and it's still pony-related... although it might get classed as imagespam...

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 08, 2011, 06:45:48 am »

It's not imagespam if it's original work. Anyhow, I don't mind it.

Personally I find the figures too stiff though. You've drawn them sticking both legs out in front like Superman. Horses look most animated when their legs are at different lengths to each other.

For reference:

Note that each leg is a different length to the others. This gives the impression of a gallop, a natural movement for horses to create speed.

Now, on another note:

A Cup of Joe

B'aawww fic. Well deserving of its 6 star. Only 3 chapters. Go read.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 06:48:48 am by Jimmy »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 08, 2011, 07:06:36 am »

Sound advice, that. Les'see what I can do...

Also, while that image looks great, I can't get over how RD's face looks from that angle. XD
I mean, I'm sure it's correct and all, especially given the eye size ponies usually display, but... it really looks like she has the muzzle growing out of her forehead. It's missing a few lines, or little shaded areas to show what is where.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 08, 2011, 07:23:03 am »

Yes, but at least the artist tried to show the character from an interesting angle instead of the standard side view or 3/4 profile. Points for effort, even if execution could be cleaner.

I noted that you're also attempting non-standard poses for your pegusai/pegasuses/pegasus ponies (confound you pluralization, you drive me to distraction!) so I thought I'd reference something more interesting than stock standard.

So in the theme of providing reference materiel and completely not out of a desire to spam this thread with pony images, have some poses after the break.

Hopefully that gives you something to work with.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 07:38:19 am by Jimmy »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 08, 2011, 08:21:00 am »

Yeah, I went for the "alternate Superman style", one hoof forward, for RD in this shot. For lack of a better explanation for the dynamic pose, Urist is skipping on the clouds.

Personally, I find the notion of pegasi (that's one of the proper plurals) running while flying quite outlandish. I mean, they're flying for godsakes. It's especially jarring with the pegasi-carriage shown in the series pilot (carrying Twilight to Ponyville). Not only are the two pegasi guards running (at a gallop, no less), but the carriage's wheels are spinning. In the air. Seriously, what the?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 08, 2011, 08:21:59 am »

Personally, I find the notion of pegasi (that's one of the proper plurals) running while flying quite outlandish. I mean, they're flying for godsakes. It's especially jarring with the pegasi-carriage shown in the series pilot (carrying Twilight to Ponyville). Not only are the two pegasi guards running (at a gallop, no less), but the carriage's wheels are spinning. In the air. Seriously, what the?

Magic.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 08, 2011, 08:42:12 am »

Magic.

Carriage wheel spin is caused by the rushing past of air. The running at a gallop is the pegasi equivalent of deploying landing gear so as to prevent losing control and causing an accident.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 08, 2011, 08:44:44 am »

It's a where's wally game, only with the ponies. I've found Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash, but not the others. They are apparently there, though.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 153