Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 215298 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1170 on: November 09, 2011, 10:30:38 pm »

You see, that's why ponies need humans. They would never be able to weaponize, say... bucking telekinesis or weather control. We can.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 09, 2011, 10:56:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

lyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 09, 2011, 11:36:25 pm »

You see, that's why ponies need humans. They would never be able to weaponize, say... bucking telekinesis or weather control. We can.

A very good point to make. Ponies do not wage war in such a barbaric fashion.

Please do correct me if I am wrong, but does Twilight Sparkle not show powers of mind control in Lesson Zero?
What stops her from enchanting herself to become unresistable for the leader of any given invading force?
She could, in the case of nazis, make Hitler her unconditional loveslave and control the whole Third Reich.

In fact, this would make it quite feasible that ponies are already among us, ruling our world while we are completely clueless of their existance.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 09, 2011, 11:45:52 pm »

Please do correct me if I am wrong, but does Twilight Sparkle not show powers of mind control in Lesson Zero?
What stops her from enchanting herself to become unresistable for the leader of any given invading force?
She could, in the case of nazis, make Hitler her unconditional loveslave and control the whole Third Reich.

In fact, this would make it quite feasible that ponies are already among us, ruling our world while we are completely clueless of their existance.
The world's leaders aren't reptilians, they're just sexually dependent on unicorns.

I love the internet.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 09, 2011, 11:47:52 pm »

With agents like Pinkie Pie, they don't even need to be among us to rule our world. They just need to exist, even theoretically, in any given universe.

In reality though, all "humans subvert Equestria" scenarios can end with one single event. "Discord is released, everybody loses."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 09, 2011, 11:49:27 pm »

Discord wouldn't get released if they don't argue near his statue.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 10, 2011, 12:01:36 am »

Humans, being humans, might release him even being nowhere near his statue. I mean, it took some fillies having a quarrel to break him out. How about a few thousand grown men going to war with each other?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 10, 2011, 12:05:04 am »

It didn't unbind when the Diamond Dogs captured Rarity. It didn't unlock when Spike and Twilight were fighting. It didn't unstick when Applejack and Rarity were having a hissy fit about each other.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 10, 2011, 12:08:32 am »

I was always under the impression that was coincidence anyway.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 10, 2011, 12:10:05 am »

It didn't unbind when the Diamond Dogs captured Rarity. It didn't unlock when Spike and Twilight were fighting. It didn't unstick when Applejack and Rarity were having a hissy fit about each other.

Maybe every act of disunity in Equestria contributes to freeing Discord, and the argument in the garden just happened to be the incident that finally pushed the containment spell past the breaking point.

The world's leaders aren't reptilians, they're just sexually dependent on unicorns.

I love the internet.

For the record, I would have no problem with this, assuming I could become a world leader. Uh. That sounded more creepy than I thought it would. I probably meant that in the sense of emotional dependancy. Yeah, let's go with that.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:11:58 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 10, 2011, 12:15:30 am »

Maybe every act of disunity in Equestria contributes to freeing Discord, and the argument in the garden just happened to be the incident that finally pushed the containment spell past the breaking point.

I love the internet.

For the record, I would have no problem with this, assuming I could become a world leader. Uh. That sounded more creepy than I thought it would. I probably meant that in the sense of emotional dependancy. Yeah, let's go with that.  ;)
It could be that, or it could be that there has to be a certain discord/distance ratio. Three fillies beating the crap out of eachother at five yards may have released him. Ten thousand men ripping eachothers innards out in a spectacle of utter chaos would probably release him as well.

Rule 34, amirite?

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1181 on: November 10, 2011, 12:17:44 am »

The white light faded, and His face appeared.

"Hello, Doctor Freeman, it pleases me to... see... you again."

He moved closer.

"My employers have a... very special task for you to perform. There are those who would interfere with... our work... our... worlds."

A view of a green verdant landscape appeared, one that might have been on Earth, before they came, before it ended, before Black Mesa.

"Of coarse outside... influence on our affairs cannot be tolerated... and so it is... time they were shown the... costs of their meddling... throw a spanner into the works... or perhaps a crowbar."

As Gordan awoke He trailed off, "Or perhaps you can make some new friends..."
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 10, 2011, 12:26:08 am »

It could be that, or it could be that there has to be a certain discord/distance ratio. Three fillies beating the crap out of eachother at five yards may have released him. Ten thousand men ripping eachothers innards out in a spectacle of utter chaos would probably release him as well.
That was basically what I was implying, yes. A little chaos up close could be equivalent to a lot of chaos at a distance.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 10, 2011, 12:29:10 am »

John Freeman who was GOrdon Freemans brother was one day in an office typing on a computer. He got an email from his brother that said that ponies and unicorns were attacking his place and aksed him for help. John Freeman got his computer shut down and went on the platform to the top of the building where he kept his motorcycle and normal peoples close because he was in his office lab coat.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 10, 2011, 12:30:11 am »

That was basically what I was implying, yes. A little chaos up close could be equivalent to a lot of chaos at a distance.
Mmmmmyup. I understood you, I wanted to make it clearer  :)
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 153