Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216564 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #2055 on: November 17, 2011, 06:10:18 pm »

Why couldn't you stylize Applejack? She's probably one of the more realistically colored ponies on the show.

It would be easy enough to do something cool. Perhaps show her carting a few carts of apples while looking out over an untouched orchard as the sun sets in the background.
Nothing important here, move along.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: November 17, 2011, 06:10:59 pm »

Give Luna heaps of pointy armor plated with gold, glowing pink eyes,a dark background of space, and everypony running around in terror

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: November 17, 2011, 06:16:46 pm »

Going through the second pony thread in search of forumites' stories and art (currently on page 130 of 170), I'm finding a lot of very good pics and stories.
This, however, is probably one of the best I've found. It's a pretty huge picture, but not very long.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: November 17, 2011, 06:19:05 pm »

My current Applejack idea is her having a high noon showdown in Apploosa with some bandits. A tumbleweed will, of course, be blowing across the center of the picture.

The Luna idea was having one half of the picture be serene and calm (normal, small luna), and the other half being violent and scary (nightmare moon). A "two sides of the same coin" thing. Don't think I'll include her new, halfway-between-the-two design if I do that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: November 17, 2011, 06:22:53 pm »

The high-noon showdown would be interesting. The issue is the weapon, of course, they're either fighting melee or using some kind of modified pistol that they can use.

Or just normal revolvers since it's a drawing and you don't owe anyone anything.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: November 17, 2011, 06:23:54 pm »

It'd be implied to be a fist (hoof?) fight, actually.

If I wanted projectiles it'd be pies, heh.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: November 17, 2011, 06:27:10 pm »

Why couldn't you stylize Applejack? She's probably one of the more realistically colored ponies on the show.

Not going to argue with her being the most normal looking.  I guess it just depends on exactly what sort of effect you're going for.  When I read Luna, I immediately pictured something dark and surreal, which most people would just picture as a strange black pegasus thing and not really My Little Pony related.  That's more difficult to do with Applejack, at least from my perspective.

That's of course assuming that you wanted to make it non obvious that it's My Little Pony.  If it that's not the goal, then it's a pretty moot point.  Reading kaijyuu's post, I'm going to assume that it wasn't the goal, so you can safely disregard my rambling up to this point.  :)

Quote from: kaijyuu
My current Applejack idea is her having a high noon showdown in Apploosa with some bandits. A tumbleweed will, of course, be blowing across the center of the picture.

The Luna idea was having one half of the picture be serene and calm (normal, small luna), and the other half being violent and scary (nightmare moon). A "two sides of the same coin" thing. Don't think I'll include her new, halfway-between-the-two design if I do that.

I quite like how the Luna scene sounds, but I've always been a softy for the sorts of messages that carries.  The Applejack idea doesn't sound bad either, but how does a high noon showdown work without a revolver by your side?  :)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: November 17, 2011, 06:29:00 pm »

For some reason I just thought up Pinkie Pie using one of the gag revolvers that 'shoots' a flag with BANG! written on it.

Anyway, Telgin's right. It's just not a high-noon showdown without some kind of weapon to draw.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: November 17, 2011, 06:32:15 pm »

draw this

its a bit umm....big

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:38:46 pm by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: November 17, 2011, 06:51:09 pm »

All right, I gave it a shot and watched it. Sorry guys - it was nice, certainly not as bad as I'd originally thought it would be, but still not exactly my thing. Much thanks anyway, though. :) Now at least I won't look like quite so much of an idiot the next time somebody starts talking about it.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: November 17, 2011, 07:01:00 pm »

I've just read My Little Dashie.
I swear, I'm crying like a little baby over here. :'(

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: November 17, 2011, 07:03:30 pm »

I think he means the one from Dragon Ball. Maybe.

Yes.

Parents should accept the fact you happen to like a show based around ponies. Other people can go shove it.

My mom gave me the expected :o expression when I mentioned it, but hasn't really said much about it.  I'm not sure my dad knows, but I doubt he'd care that much.  Unfortunately, they don't get The Hub, so I can't demonstrate how awesome the cartoon is.  Not that they'd really care though.

I mentioned it to mine in passing, and actually got my mother hooked on it. For the record, I also got my painter/guitarist father hooked on xkcd, so it is probably more them being very openminded progressives with parents and grandparents who were neck deep in the civil rights movement, union organizing, and the art worlds respectively rather than me being a profound master of debate.

In other words, I lucked out in character creation and got parents who only took flaws in Employment: City Government and Addiction: Tobacco respectively, rather than Emotional Outbursts: Child Beating or Addiction: Crystal Meth.   :P

All right, I gave it a shot and watched it. Sorry guys - it was nice, certainly not as bad as I'd originally thought it would be, but still not exactly my thing. Much thanks anyway, though. :) Now at least I won't look like quite so much of an idiot the next time somebody starts talking about it.

Thanks for having the courage to try!  :)

I've just read My Little Dashie.
I swear, I'm crying like a little baby over here. :'(

Agreed, it was the first thing in a while that made my cry.

Cue Dsarker(IIRC) coming in here and stomping all over your emotions because he didn't think it was sad.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: November 17, 2011, 07:03:45 pm »

i couldnt find that! i found a pic for it.

Rip goat, more loli

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: November 17, 2011, 07:13:11 pm »

I thought it was sad enough.

So I thought up a fanfic for it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: November 17, 2011, 07:19:20 pm »

I thought it was sad enough.

So I thought up a fanfic for it.

That sounds amazing. Perfect way to continue into an all-out downward spiral, and it is all Celestia's fault.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 153