Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 215297 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #2100 on: November 18, 2011, 12:25:46 am »

Some sort of "Epic Parties to End All Parties" hosted by Pinkie it is. Wonderbolts, Octavia and DJ Pon3 all show up, drawing in every named character in the show. I don't think a multi-racial holiday is needed; extended Apple family invite some Buffalo, Gilda shows up for DJ Pon3 and Trixie shows up for the opportunity to fix her reputation.
I'm thinking that an elitist group of unicorns dedicated to furthering the 'master race' decide to use Ponyville as a testing ground for their city raid tactics on the same night. Any other ideas for villains?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 18, 2011, 12:29:13 am »

Do it as half gorefic, half slapstick comedy, with a dozen different factions all attacking the party for different reasons, and pretty much everypony getting caught in the crossfire.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 18, 2011, 12:35:03 am »

Great idea. Not the slapstick humor, but multiple factions. I have a six-hour plane ride tomorrow, so I need something to occupy my time :p

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 18, 2011, 12:56:00 am »

I just realized, this scene from Cutie Pox
Spoiler: Derpy Spotting? (click to show/hide)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 18, 2011, 01:03:21 am »

Don't know if this has been shared, but a while back cracked.com did a contest on "what if cartoons were more like real life", there's a MLP one.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 18, 2011, 01:04:32 am »

A few possible non-pony factions...

Diamond Dogs
Zebras
Griffins
Everfree Forest Creatures (Manticores / Hydras / Ursa Majors)
Dragons

All the factions could kill each other too...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 18, 2011, 01:05:54 am »

Don't know if this has been shared, but a while back cracked.com did a contest on "what if cartoons were more like real life", there's a MLP one.

I should have figured that out earlier. No wonder they have very specific tramp stamps.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 18, 2011, 01:06:27 am »

Do it as half gorefic, half slapstick comedy, with a dozen different factions all attacking the party for different reasons, and pretty much everypony getting caught in the crossfire.

My Little Postal?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 18, 2011, 01:15:30 am »

I just realized, this scene from Cutie Pox
Spoiler: Derpy Spotting? (click to show/hide)

We explained this a while back. She became the Doctor's companion as a filly, and has travelled a lot with him before the two settled down in Ponyville.

My Little Postal?

Pretty much. @CC: By 'slapstick', I meant that the entire scene should be complete chaos, ponies being killed left and right, arrows and lightning bolts flying all over the place, explosives, bits of the building and props killing ponies in funny ways, etc.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: November 18, 2011, 01:18:54 am »

My Little Postal?

Pretty much. @CC: By 'slapstick', I meant that the entire scene should be complete chaos, ponies being killed left and right, arrows and lightning bolts flying all over the place, explosives, bits of the building and props killing ponies in funny ways, etc.

Wow, that's a pretty brutal definition of slapstick.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 18, 2011, 01:27:52 am »

I've started on my Derpy gorefic. It hasn't gotten to the good part yet, though, so don't worry about having a weak stomach. Feel free to comment here or on the document's comments.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kb8G1bLybO-BuPguFAWUF4AZ3WoX2cX56HTHyWGP5eI/edit

NO, TBP! NOT THE

Great, all that horror, and now you've made me feel nauseous.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 18, 2011, 01:36:02 am »

My Little Postal?

Wow, that's a pretty brutal definition of slapstick.
That's just a very violent version of slapstick - or more realistic. Slapstick, by definition, is a humorously exaggerated application of violence, with no serious consequences. So here it's black comedy (or dead baby comedy, considering the material) meets slapstick. Snuffstick, so to speak.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

lyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 18, 2011, 01:42:32 am »

Nauseous? Many people regard these things a delicacy. I am sure you could sell them on ebay for a good margin.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: November 18, 2011, 01:46:06 am »

Ok I admit it. About a week ago I finally got up the nerve to type what I then thought would be a girly show into the search bar and see what all the hype was about. I was wrong. This is an epic show an I am now eagerly awaiting the next episode. I think I may have even managed to get my dad to see the value of the show. (Though my brother still refuses to be in the room while I'm watching it. What, not manly enough for ponies? :P) Discord was especially awesome, he managed to make it into some of my top villains of all time list. Anyways, awesome show and I await the next episode while starting some milder forays into the worlds of the better fan fiction out there.

P.S. Some of the music/remixes based off the show out there are awesome! I especially liked Super Ponybeat, some of the best songs I've heard in a while.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 18, 2011, 01:52:11 am »

Nauseous? Many people regard these things a delicacy. I am sure you could sell them on ebay for a good margin.
Sell what? Pony eyes?

I'll just quote myself, if you don't mind.
Leave it to the Bay12 forumgoers to turn cute magical ponies into a renewable source for a profitable second-hand organ trading business.

* Sean Mirrsen shakes his head in a sad reverie.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 153