Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 215308 times)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #2250 on: November 18, 2011, 05:32:09 pm »

That sounds like the kind of story I'd write if I was willing to write a rape scene. Except for that the n would inherently be incompatible with the a without some kind of blasphemous magic.
That is, unfortunately, true.
Hell, [n] would be incompatible with most of the other tags. Oh well, no [longcat] for us.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: November 18, 2011, 05:32:19 pm »

It'd just take an original character for whom rape and cruel bloody torture constitute a normal, everyday activity. Someone like Slag.

L is a bit too arbitrary a letter for "rape" though. L could mean same-sex relationships... with amplification going from low-squick F/F to high-squick M/M... oh gog this is horrible.

Why are we talking about this in a pony thread?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:35:42 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: November 18, 2011, 05:37:15 pm »

That sounds like the kind of story I'd write if I was willing to write a rape scene. Except for that the n would inherently be incompatible with the a without some kind of blasphemous magic.
That is, unfortunately, true.
Hell, [n] would be incompatible with most of the other tags. Oh well, no [longcat] for us.

Wait is everyone talking about the Carebears all of a sudden?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: November 18, 2011, 05:39:00 pm »

Suggest use of [l]
  • [L]
  • for rape; [l] is used for male, [L] for female, and the case of the o indicates if it is described or implied. Rapist would come first, rapee second, with the o in the middle. So Dsarker's would be [L]
  • [L].

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: November 18, 2011, 05:41:47 pm »

Wait. The implication from that is that male rape is less bad than female rape.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: November 18, 2011, 05:42:08 pm »

Code: [Select]
Suggest use of [l][o][L][O] for rape; [l] is used for male, [L] for female, and the case of the o indicates if it is described or implied. Rapist would come first, rapee second, with the o in the middle. So Dsarker's would be [L][o][L].
Sorta fixed that for ya.
Hmm, I don't know, this is getting way too complicated right now, especially since O is already "original character".
I think it's fine as it is. We can't possibly hope to cover every single fanfic with any amount of tags, so going into all these specifics makes it, in my opinion, more complicated than necessary.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: November 18, 2011, 05:43:31 pm »

Of course, that wasn't a serious suggestion. I wanted to point out how absurd the idea of rape-as-comedy is.

Also, just noticed how I screwed my post with lists.

Trixie, why does this not surprise me?

3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: November 18, 2011, 05:44:49 pm »

Just have a Brain Bleach-ometer.

From the lowest level (Lauren Faust) to low (Sean) medium (Crazy Cow) high (Dsarker) to ultra high (TBP).
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: November 18, 2011, 05:46:19 pm »

A what?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: November 18, 2011, 05:46:40 pm »

Or leave everything completely untagged, with a readme file containing a sanity warning.

A what?

See you in a few years. Or more.

hopefully
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:48:11 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: November 18, 2011, 05:47:56 pm »

There are few things that can throw me into fits of real life rage, but implying that men being raped is in any way, shape, or form less heinous than women being raped is one of them. Use the same tag, please.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: November 18, 2011, 05:49:44 pm »

Trixie, why does this not surprise me?
Haha, oh wow, that fits so well.

Also, new EqD banner already.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dsarker, I like your idea of a Brain-Bleach-o-Meter, but I don't think it would be a replacement for tags. It would make a good addition, though. Only problem is, it would make the tags in the file names even longer. Besides, how would you depict it? Numerically, from 1 to 5?
Hmm, actually, now that I think about it, that could work. It would mean just one more symbol in the file name.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: November 18, 2011, 05:51:17 pm »

A brainbleach-o-meter would give faulty readings on me. I've got an equivalent of a constant flow of bleach through mine, like a cooling system. It preemptively makes me forget things I'll regret remembering. Well, most of the time.

And yeah, kind of like a star rating, except more like a Squick rating.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: November 18, 2011, 05:51:52 pm »

There are few things that can throw me into fits of real life rage, but implying that men being raped is in any way, shape, or form less heinous than women being raped is one of them. Use the same tag, please.

Actually, running with the interpretation Dsarker took from that comment of mine on how rape isn't funny, the implication would have been the other way around. (As 'lol' is less funny than 'LoL' and hence more serious)

And I still maintain my original position that if something needs a tag to indicate that there is rape in it, it probably shouldn't be included in the first place, as approximately 0% of rapes in (fan)fiction are treated seriously. So, I would say no rape tag at all, because chances are, the rape isn't particularly relevant to the plot, should never have been included in the first place, and should be removed before inclusion.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: November 18, 2011, 05:52:25 pm »

I'd say more heinous, simply because many countries don't have laws against the rape of men. It's not even considered.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153