Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: FirePunch - From antymattar's organized voting topic  (Read 8251 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: FirePunch - From antymattar's organized voting topic
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 10:26:05 pm »

It's as bad when playing. Well, maybe not, because more stuff happens between the beestings, but still...
Quick update, finishing up spring. A longer update will be up tomorrow; I'm actually still ahead on updates, but wanted to end at the seasons' ends.

-----

Felsite 22, 15
A fisher has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Felsite 23, 15
A farmer has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
The red lever has been hooked up.

Felsite 25, 15
A weaponsmith has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

The elves finally left. No, wait, they're packing up their goods.

Felsite 26, 15

Felsite 27, 15
Oh, and the elves are leaving...

...through our dining room.

Felsite 28, 15

A yeti has been sighted.

Hematite 1, 15
It is now summer.

-----

Seasonal save: Here.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2011, 02:20:44 am »

Wow! A yeti. I haven't seen the yeti in the game for like... half a year in real time. Back in the 2010 release I used to kill yetis for their skulls as an adventurer and then go to towns and trade them. Twas lots of fun... Having 20 yeti skulls.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2011, 12:24:05 pm »

Another question: Why is there a yeti in...whatever non-freezing biome this is?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2011, 03:23:00 pm »

Good question. Who knows? He might be the last of his kind.  :o

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 06:29:25 pm »

Since my internet access has been...unreliable, I haven't been able to post updates for a while. I'll post a mega-update for all of autumn now instead of just posting the individual parts one-by-one, okay? Just in case you haven't moved on.

-----

Hematite 3, 15
A fisher was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Hematite 4, 15
Kennels are constructed by the trapper, who goes to trap something.

Hematite 5, 15
A woodcutter was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
A beekeeper was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
The trapper caught a two-legged rhino lizard.
I decide that a screw press, placed just outside the beehive, would be a good idea. After all, what good is a big hive if we can't harvest the crop?

Hematite 6, 15
A guineacock grew up. Huh, that's what a keet is.
[OOC, I knew that already.]
Also, the two-legged rhino lizard was tamed...by feeding it the corpse of another. Wait, the dead one's remains are still there...WTF?

Hematite 7, 15
A soaper was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
So was a guineacock. Why these critters try to force their way into and through the doors is beyond me...

Hematite 9, 15
Another guineacock was stung by a bee, while said cock was sitting there in the hive. Ugh.
Oh, wait, I mean a guineacock was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
A mining incident caused a cavein. Thankfully, it was aboveground, where no one was hurt.

Um, I take that back. Only the person responsible for the cavein was hurt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I set up a hospital in the dormitory and tell Ablel to only do medical thingies.   

Hematite 10, 15
Iton was brought to his bed. Abel is...doing nothing, it seems. Thankfully, a stonecrafter is bringing water, so he won't dehydrate.
Oh, and a soap maker was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Hematite 11, 15
A soap maker was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Hematite 12, 15
Work on a barracks is started.

Ablel finally looked over Iton and said that he needs an empty bucket to clean the wounds with. I hope he means to fill with water...I order three buckets made, and hope that either they or the water-filled bucket being brought is ready before It Is Too Late...

A weaponsmith was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Hematite 13, 15
Ablel is dragging Iton through the halls to the hospital for surgery. It seems to be working. I wonder why he still has his pick...Oh dear. I hope he cleans it first.
The military tactician has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
A shearer has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Hematite 14, 15
A gem setter withdraws from society...I spontaneously decide we need a couple jewelry workshops.
An herbalist has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee! Twice in a row!

Hematite 15, 15
Ablel complains again about needing to clean his patient with a bucket. I suggest that he grab one of the ones previously provided and he replies that he's not allowed to. D'oh.
The jeweler, who is actually a gem CUTTER named Erush Atticslips, claims the first jewelry shop made.
A beekeeper has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Hematite 16, 15
A puppy has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
A herbalist has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Hematite 17, 15
That herbalist must smell like a bear to those bees, because she keeps getting stung by them.
At some point another rhino lizard was tamed with the same rhino lizard corpse.
Apparently, there is “no water source” to clean the patient with. Planning a canal to bring brookwater to the hospital...

Hematite 18, 15
The herbalist was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Hematite 19, 15
A chick grows into a hen.

Hematite 20, 15
Erush has begun a mysterious construction! What could it be? He has a large number of rough pyrites with him, but naught else!

ORIGINAL UPDATE SEPARATION

Hematite 21, 15
A herbalist was stung by--breaking news--a bee!

Hematite 22, 15
A guineacock was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Hematite 23, 15
A beekeeper was stung by--breaking news--a bee!

Hematite 24, 15
A guineacock was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Hematite 25, 15
We have a neat little gem now: Gingimstibmer (“Distrustshores”), a perfect pyrite worth 1,280 gold pieces [15 gp to the cp, 1 cp to the db] and with several images on it.

I wonder who this Solon is...

Malachite 3, 15
A bowyer has been stung be--breaking news!--a bee!

Malachite 5, 15
Let's glance at Iton and see how he's doing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He's getting better, at least, but he has lost his ability to grasp. Hopefully that'll clear up once her hands heal, but...if not, we may need to euthanise her. She won't be able to work, or wield a weapon, or even feed herelf. A sorry fate for a dwarf. And that's assuming she doesn't die of infection.

Malachite 8, 15
I don't think I have pictures of our completed barracks yet.

The little red [ is some elvish clothes some moron stole from the elves and left jamming the door open. I'll have them moved.

Malachite 9, 15
A potter has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Migrants arrive.
First comes a glazer/organizer who likes light-bluish stuff, followed by his big, skinny pet kitten, Monom Machinebearded. Next a fat llama, then an equally fat but much shorter wax worker, planter, and spinner. The third smart migrant is a cheerful masonry student who seems to know more about masonry than most of the locals. She has a gigantic, fat, ivory-haired pet boar. The next migrant is a tough, high master weaponsmith (but we have one already...), followed by a novice armorer (hopefully we'll get metal soon, so we can arm and armor all of our recruits). Next comes a “gigantic” cavy pup, then a “talented” mason--wait, he IS talented! Also fat, and liking dwarven wine, but neither of those matter, we have a talented mason! Next comes an animals dissector/recruit, and a woodcutter/marksdwarf. That completes the migrant wave, bringing our population up to 41.

ORIGINAL UPDATE BREAK

Malachite 11, 15
A potter was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Malachite 14, 15
A piglet is born--a gigantic, slate-haired little boar.

Malachite 18, 15
I order up a bunch of cage traps in the entrance area. Should help with defense.

Malachite 20, 15
Since we seem to be running out of stockpile space, I set up a food stockpile outside.
Also, I feel a need to alleviate this situation:

I will remove about half of the hives, in a checkerboard pattern. The ones with products within that area will be kept, the others will not.

Malachite 22, 15
Our animal trainer says that we don't have any war-trainable animals. I guess the cougar and wolf righ next to him aren't trainable.

Malachite 24, 15
A glazer has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
A weaponsmith has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Malachite 25, 15
A mason has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Malachite 27, 15
A fisher starts gathering a hive's products.
In related, breaking news, a fisher was stung by a bee. I mean, by a bee!

Galena 2, 15
An herbalist has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
Speaking of bees, I keep finding a fisherwoman and a bowyer together, claiming to be installing a colony in a hive. They're installing something in something, all right...

Galena 4, 15
A bowyer has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
I'm worried about Iton. He hasn't had any care in almost a month, when his left hand and right lower arm were set, and now he's looking kind of faint. I'll tell Abel to get back to medical detail, STAT.

Galena 5, 15
I have been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Galena 6, 15

Galena 7, 15
I tell Ablel that he can go to the pong to fill his bucket.
An armorer has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee! So has a bowyer! Twice!
Abel is dressing some wound or another.

Galena 8, 15
A boar has been slaughtered.
I wonder when the humans are coming.

Galena 9, 15
Having finished Iton's right hand, Ablel moves on in his dressing.

Galena 10, 15
Since I don't remember mentioning it before, I guess I should mention the butchery tower I had made.

Oh, and a bowyer was stung by--say it with me--breaking news!--a bee!
Finally, I decide to make some more orders for soap.

Galena 11, 15
I order our pressers to press honey until there's no more honey to press! Impressive!

Galena 15, 15
I'm no sure who, or why, but SOMEONE caught a rat in a trap.

Galena 16, 15
Despite my letting him use the pond, Ablel claims there is no water source.
Maybe I just need to make it an official water source?
We have wax, I decide to have it used to make crafts.
A guineacock has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Galena 17, 15
Iton is pale...how will he survive if he's still losing blood?

Galena 18, 15
A bowyer has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Galena 21, 15
Our honey-pressing operation has ground to a halt due to our lack of...jugs, most likely.

Galena 22, 15
A militia captain has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
I guess the humans aren't coming.

Galena 23, 15
Another mining accident?

...Shit.
Thankfully, there was a ramp under Ablel. Less thankfully, there was also a pipe section which is now lost to us.

Galena 25, 15
A stonecrafter made a masterwork andesite mug. Neat.

Galena 27, 15

Galena 28, 15
A filly grew to be a mare.

Limestone 1, 15
Autumn is here. The humans aren't. Faux sadness.

-----

The seasonal save is here.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:09:48 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 06:31:52 pm »

BY THE GODS! BEES!

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 11:27:27 am »

Nooo!!!! Dont eliminate the beehives! Just dig out more space. The beehives in the bottom are for reproduction and the ones at the top were for regular use.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2011, 11:48:42 am »

bump

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 12:20:46 pm »

Sorry, intermittant internet access makes it hard to upload images and stuff. And, to make things worse, my DF computer doesn't have internet access...ugh.

We had a mood, some traders, I made a mini-megaproject and a drowning chamber...nothing much of note happened. Oh, wait, the chief medical dwarf got stuck when digging the well chute because I overestimated how quickly the water from the testing of the drowning chamber would run off, so now he's dying of thirst as water slowly inches towards him...His chance of survival depends on how long it takes for the water to reach a constant depth of 3/7 or less and if he's smart enough to drink the water inching towards him.

Oh, and we ran out of alcohol, but traders helped and hopefully sticking GreatWyrmIron into a burrow containing only the still and brewing materials will help more.
Sig

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 01:00:25 pm »

Great. It would be so cool if the for had an integrated water system.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 03:31:52 pm »

Huh, I thought I put all the pics in last time. Fixed that now.
Another full-season update, y'all.

-----

Limestone 5, 15
Our broker and miner has succumbed to infection. Shit.
A furnace operator is appointed to the position due to his appraisal skills. Ablel is forbidden from hauling.

Also, partly to vent and partly for training, I have our militia attack some capybaramen.

The liason and I finished discussing import. We asked for dogs, mail shirts, picks, hemaite blocks, iron, copper, and steel bars, and yak leather. For military purposes. (Except the blocks, I dunno why we asked for those.)

Limestone 6, 15
The liason and I start talking export.
Despite being far behind the capybaramen, the militia commander enters a martial trance. He leaves it before encountering the enemies.
An axetrainee fell into a murky pool with a little elvish armor and a bismuth bronze battleaxe. And his clothes are nice. We're draining this pond after the battle...did that capybarawoman just bite the soldier in the toe? And...she ripped it off...ew...
A speardwarf is beating on a capy-man with an elven spear. The capy just fled into the pool...out the other side...fell unconscious...got killed.

Limestone 7, 15
The axeguy drowned. He wasn't much of anything, so meh. As I write, Ablel is busy running to drain the pond...wait, those capys are still attacking...
A dog grew up.

Limestone 8, 15
Another capy downed. And another. Take that for the possibly-his-own-fault drowning one of ours when we engaged in an unprovoked attack!

Limestone 9, 15
Eh, they've had enough. I'm calling the militia off-duty.

Limestone 10, 15
The liason decided that the Mountainhomes wanted (in decreasing order of desire): Drinking implements, powders, amulets, fish, ammo, rings, drinks, instruments, blocks, and crutches. The liason politely said good-bye and left.

Limestone 17, 15
A planter withdraws from society...hey, it's that pacifistic guy from back a while ago! He's a rusty armorsmith, so whatever it is should be good!...except we don't have any metal...or ore...shit.

Limestone 18, 15
He claimed a jewler's workshop? Ah, he used to be a gem setter. He's sketching some pictures...I think he needs stone (which we have lots of), wood (which we have lots of), and rough gems (which we hav cut all of). Ablel is going in for a nap, but when he wakes up, he should mine some gems...I hope.
On a side note, it's the same workshop that Distrustshores was made in.

A turkey has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Limestone 22, 15
Ah, Ablel awoke and is moving towards an amethyst deposit quickly.

Limestone 23, 15
The Moody One awoke and is preparing to grab the rough amethysts. I wonder what he'll make...

Sandstone 2, 15
I start pressing operations again.
A horse gives birth to a healthy, fat little filly.

Sandstone 3, 15
A mason made a masterwork cinnabar grate.
A trapper was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Sandstone 5, 15
The mason made a masterwork andesite grate. She really does like grates!
A trapper was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Sandstone 6, 15
The weaponsmith was stung by--breaking news!--another bee!

Sandstone 8, 15
The mason made another masterwork grate! This one is cobalite.
A dog was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Sandstone 9, 15
He isn't even assigned to beekeeping!

Sandstone 10, 15

Sandstone 14, 15

Sandstone 15, 15
I think this is the first-ever 15th of a month this year that nothing of note happened.

Sandstone 17, 15
We run out of jugs again, but we got some more honey first at least.

Sandstone 20, 15
I order the last lever in my new system to be hooked up.

Sandstone 24, 15
I decide to send the military on what I call “Xtreme Huntin',” in hopes of bagging the fort some capybara. Or at least small pieces thereof.
Also, a guineacock was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Sandstone 25, 15
While preparing some digging orders, I accidently knocked the descriptions of a burrow into a fireplace. You know, those things are really dangerous. If people weren't paying attention, they could set themselves on fire!
...What's that smell of smoke?
[I can't wait until the game makes you confirm burrow deletions. Thankfully, the burrow in question is just something I made to try and make Ablel mine where I wanted him to.]

Sandstone 26, 15
A fisher was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
A wrestler entered a martial trance before he could reach the capys. Although he was close...although although he left it just before running into the capys...

Timber 2, 15
With the addition of a statue, my new shrine is complete...mostly, I might add a couple other statues.
Somehow, migrants arrived yesterday without me noticing. Lemme try and detail them: A cynical stonecrafter/soaper/speardwarf, an insecure milker/animal dissector who hates maggots except to eat, the cynic's gigantic-for-a-chick chick, meaning we will soon be able to breed birds, a fat herbalist/animal caretaker with a bit of brawling experience, a talented tanner called Spearmonk, a thresher, the thresher's pet kid, a mule foal, a gigantic horse, a huge, muscular, and fat yak calf, a dyer, an apprentice gem cutter/marksdwarf with a pet goose named As Mothboulder, an enormous-yet-weak cow calf, a marksdwarf/milker/leatherworker, and another male chick. It took until the 3rd to give everyone this basic screening. Population 47. I use a convenient hilltop for a pasture.
Now where was I? Oh, yeah, the shrine.

ORIGINAL UPDATE BREAK

Timber 4, 15
A wax worker was attacked by a capy while trying to save a militiaman! How...bestial of that beast!

Timber 6, 15
I guess they've trained enough. I call off the militia.

Timber 7, 15
The bowyer and the fisher just can't get enough of each other...sigh. I guess I'll leave them to it...
A gander was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Timber 11, 15
My new wet-chamber was a success...except for the deaths of two dwarves previously noted as useless. Which was a sad accident and not intended at all.
Spoiler: Instructions (click to show/hide)

Timber 13, 15

Timber 14, 15
The wounded warrior was given a crutch and sent to spar some more. He had healed up by then, so that's all that could really be done.

Timber 15, 15
Twice!   
Ablel is diagnosing a militiaman who was injured in combat.

Timber 16, 15
A stonecrafter made a masterwork andesite mug.

Timber 19, 15
The broker has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Timber 20, 15
A caravan arrived yesterday! Shit, get stuff ready!

ORIGINAL UPDATE BREAK

Timber 21, 15
Oh, and after digging the well-shaft, poor Ablel felt trapped by the advancing drainage from the wet-room by the creek and refused to move. He's been there a while now, I'm not sure how long. I hope he's okay.

Timber 22, 15
A turkey was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
Finally, that pacifistic planter has begun his constructions.

For once, a broker has been waiting at the depot for the traders, rather than the other way around. Our new broker, Catten Pickvessels, rushed right to the depot to trade for the first time.

Timber 23, 15
I notice someone drinking out of the pond under the bridge and notice something.
WE.
ARE.
OUT.
OF.
BOOZE.

On a different note, I decided to have a second well put in near where he is now, to justify the escape tunnel. Ablel will have none of it, and is in fact getting thirsty. While in a tunnel slowly filling with water. Yeah, idiot.

Timber 25, 15
The merchants are starting to unload.

Timber 26, 15
We begin trading.
First we buy a barrel of rum for a few well-crafted mugs, then another for a normal, a fine, and a well-crafted one. Third, I guy a barrel of wine and one of ale for two superior andesite mugs. Next, I have Catten buy a copper mail shirt for a couple fine andesite mugs, followed by an iron ingot for a couple superior andesite mugs.
The liason begins discussing our needs as we wait for more stuff to be hauled to the depot.

I'm not sure im the dwarves trickling to the depot to drink the new store of alcohol is pathetic or...yeah, it's pathetic.

Timber 27, 15
Not much more was hauled, but we bought some cat meat and plump helmets for a single fine mug (andesite, of course).
The moody planter? Made Manthul Sokan, The Deviance of Phrasing.

An amethyst cage, encrusted with amethyst, pyrite, and andesite, with rings and bands of pyrite and amethyst, and spikes of pyrite, amethyst, and highwood, a pyrite image of a snailman wrapped around a large ring functioning as a handle, and images of the ascension of our first queen in pyrite and amethyst on the latch. There is also an image of Rithlut Wingwaxed, the deity of farming, engraved on the inside of the base, presumably to bless the animals within or something like that. Oh, and on the top, there is a miniature model of Manthul Sokan, with pyrite switched for smethyst and vise versa and highwood switched for andesite and vise versa. You can even see a tiny model-on-a-model of Manthul Sokan on the top, with the reversings reversed. Well, they're more raised images, but that's the deviance of the phrasing, heh heh.
It's worth almost 12,500 gold pieces, almost ten times Distrustshores's value and over 70% of our fort's material value.
[Remember, 1 gp=15 db.]

Timber 28, 15
The last day of fall.
I have a dress traded for a set of hematite blocks...try to, but they want a pick and a quiver, too. I repeat the offer without the pick, but no dice. Then I shot for a coat for some galena and dactite blocks. They, finally, agreed.

Moonstone 1, 15
Winter is upon us.

-----

Here is the seasonal save.
Sig

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 12:46:01 pm »

Thats perfect! More deaths to not overpopulate our fort with useless migrants means that migrants now have a purpose! GENIUS!

You might want to slaughter something and make soap. Because it seems this might save some lives. How many dwarves do we have now?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2011, 05:53:00 pm »

We have forty-something and some soap. We have more than enough tallow, the main obstacle is that I haven't made all that much lye.

I have been impeded by RL issues and the fact that some testing of duplicated raws seemed to have been causing errors that kept DF from running. At least I think it was them, the problems got solved once they were gone. Anyhoo, here's an update.

-----

Moonstone 1, 15
Winter is upon us.
I thought of a new way to free that idiot Ablel. He isn't willing to dig to a previously-planned well area? He can build to somewhere else entirely! But first he has to build those stairs...or he could dig some stairs instead...I'll let him choose.
He is choosing to stand at the end of the cooridor, watching water slowly flow towards him as he dies of thirst. Nice.
I have a decorated copper gauntlet bought for a hood and a sock, then two copper ingots for a superior mug (andesite, of course), then sterling silver, copper, and iron ingots for a leather glove, a dress, and an exceptional mug. We ran out of trading crap again, though.

Moonstone 2, 15
First, we buy a cage and a barrel for a sock. Then, we buy the big thing: A steel ingot, for some spare clothes, a mug, a spare anvil, etc. It neatly cleans out our half of he depot.
[Somehow, about here, the reaction GLAZE_JUG got courrupted. I think I fixed it, but I'm not sure. Also, everything after about halfway into the IMPROVEMENT tag (including all the other glazing reactions) got deleted, or rather courrupted into weird forms that didn't resemble reactions, so I fixed that up too. Just wanted you to know why something there's wrong, if it's wrong.

Moonstone 3, 15
More stuff got hauled to the depot: Two superior mugs, an exceptional one, all three andesite, a hood, and some thread, which weren't enough to buy another steel ingot. We did, however, sell the hood and the thread for about a dozen plump helmets.
The water has spread to Ablel. Now it should start leveling out? Cm'on, Ablel...
I assign a new miner, a very small, nervous animal dissector named Zasit Palacetunnel. He has to hold the pick in  both hands and isn't notably strong, but no-one will miss him for hiding in the mines for months at a time, and his agility and quick healing should help him when the inevitable accident occurs.
I have Catten buy the steel ingot and an iron one for two mittens, a dress, two superior mugs, and an exceptional one. They really ripped us off there...
I tell our armorsmith use our new ingots to smith a couple armor pieces.

Moonstone 4, 15
A horse gives birth to a gigantic...male filly.
Ablel keeps shouting up the well that he can't drink because his water source vanished. Hello? There's water all around you, filling the tunnel, etc? Ring a bell?
I make a mental note to build a drainage ditch for the well tunnel.

Trading continued. A masterwork mug was sold for an iron ingot, a copper one, and a waterskin. I keep feeling that we're giving stuff away...Anyways, we tried to buy some hemaite blocks for a cloak and a well-crafted mug, but he didn't accept. We did, however, buy a bunch of leather off them. Score!

The hen laid eggs. I'm hoping for a bunch of little chicks soon...wait a sec, do we have a rooster?

Moonstone 5, 15
A mitten, a well-crafted rhyolite mug, and a sock bought us another hematite block. A shoe bought us some chryoprases.
The new miner gets to work...in the wrong area.
Ablel continues to complain about water vanishing, prompting me to change his title from “Malpractical” to “Idiotic.” Or maybe I should combine those...

Moonstone 6, 15
Ablel continues to whine about water sources vanishing. I've had enough...I have orders on my desk...

Moonstone 7, 15
We'd have traded today, but Catten is getting a drink. And hauling stuff. And avoiding trading.
Ablel continues to whine.

Moonstone 8, 15
Catten is on break...Hey, Catten, wanna see Ablel?

Moonstone 10, 15
The noob miner starts digging Ablel's escape tunnel.
Ablel seems to have somehow drank the water all around him and is now hungry. Chew on some mud while ya wait, will ya, Lazypants?

Moonstone 11, 15
At some point, a steel  helm was forged. A breastplate is being worked on. Soon, we'll have...some steel stuff, at least.

Moonstone 12, 15
The guy who made that amethyst cage has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Moonstone 13, 15
The merchants will be leaving soon.
The breastplate was forged. Now both have been taken by the militia commander to better protect himself.

Moonstone 15, 15
Ablel is still not free...kept happy and sane by remembering a fine traction bench, his very good bedroom, and our legendary dining hall...

Moonstone 17, 15
The merchants are packing up. Catten goes off break.

Moonstone 20, 15
Our wesponsmith made a masterwork steel battleaxe!
I prepare to make a “drainage” mechanism. Quotes because it's pumping out the water, not draining it. It will be manually operated, for now at least.

Moonstone 21, 15
The merchants are leaving, through the halls like they should. Except for one who leaves through the beehive. I drew a picture just in time to show you.

Moonstone 23, 15
Our trapper has been taken by a fey mood! He quickly takes a craftdwarf's workshop...he is grabbing stuff...starting with ash logs?

Moonstone 24, 15

Moonstone 25, 15
A guineacock has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee! Twice!
The brook froze. I didn't know it did that...

Moonstone 27, 15
A chick has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Moonstone 28, 15
A woodworker has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Opal 1, 15
Kumil made a masterwork rhyolite mug.

Opal 3, 15
Kol is organizing a party on the shrine! Everyone who wants to come is invited, especially if they have vital work to do!
Not that Kol, or anyone, is at the party yet, mind you...No one else has even decided to go to the party yet! Maybe they will once Kol has set some stuff up.
[Oddly enough, this is the first party I've seen. Normally my dwarves are workaholics as well as alcoholics.]
Ablel cancels drinking water because there's too much water. He's starving now, you can see it if you look down the well...

[Don't you just love how dynamic and complex DF is? Leave a dwarf down the well a while, they grow skinny and their eyes sink. Neat, if sad.]
I set up a 100% whip vines farm. Whip whine is whreally gwhood. That...was horrible.

Opal 4, 15
An animal trainer has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
A bunch of ponds froze. Huh, I didn't know they did that.

Opal 9, 15
Poor Kol, having a party all by herself...

Opal 15, 15
A sow gives birth to a gigantic little piglet.

Opal 16, 15
A turkey has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
A gander has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Opal 18, 15
In addition to starving, Ablel is now thristy and drowsy. Drink and sleep, or, y'know, swim or wade down the tunnel!

Opal 20, 15
A dog has been stung by--breaking news--a bee!
Kol ended the party.

Opal 21, 15
An armorer has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Opal 23, 15

Opal 25, 15
Several ponds have melted.

Obsidian 1, 15
I hear people complaining about stuff...

Obsidian 2, 15
A tanner has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
The guineacock has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2011, 05:26:39 pm »

I finished my turn!

-----

Obsidian 3, 15
The moody guy grabbed a bunch of wood and now wants some cloth…and won’t take pig tail, for some reason…I assign a new miner guy and prepare to breach the caverns...

Obsidian 5, 15
The new new miner has grabbed her pick (an imported steel one, seeing as we’re breaching the caverns, and she’s less likely to break that one [actually a coincidence, the pick was imported for military use]). Maybe we’ll find silk before It’s Too Late…

Obsidian 7, 15
I felt time stop for a while while planting seeds. Either I saw my True Love or the brook melted.
It's the latter.

Obsidian 9, 15
Y'know, the spot where the pump empties the tunnel has thawed...And there's a pump there...I'll pump it out to free Doc! I hope so...He's dehydrated as well as starving and drowsy.

Obsidian 10, 15
After almost two months, Ablel (“Malpractial Idiot”) Linecrystal, chief medical dwarf and the best miner alive, starved due to refusing to dig his own way out, wade out, or hunt toads or fish or whatnot. Hopefully, we'll recover the corpse soon.
A chick has been stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Obsidian 11, 15
A cat grew up.
The death of such an important figure in our fortress makes some people unhappy for some reason.

Obsidian 13, 15
To try and relieve stress, I send the military to kill the local capybaras.
The moody guy took some pig tail cloth [I figured out why he wasn't grabbing it yet] and grabbed some andesite blocks. He has started some kind of mysterious construction...tons of logs, some cloth, and an andesite block...

Obsidian 14, 15
A wrestler entered a martial trance, approaching the capybaras. He left it before engaging, though.

Obsidian 15, 15
I noticed that the new miner abandoned her pick in the middle of nowhere...gr...
A sworddwarf knocks his shield through a capy brain.

Obsidian 17, 15
The drainage system is being operated. Water is spilling out of the well tunnel and onto the surrounding landscape! Mostly into the little, unfinished, cleared drainage tunnel thing I dug. Note to self: Finish it ASAP.
The militia commander seems to have killed a capybara by biting it...Yikes.
The mutterings increase...I've heard ones that were directed to the central government, too, not just me.

Obsidian 18, 15
After only five days, the moody guy, now a woodcrafter, made his artifact, a scepter worth 3,680 gold pieces. It has an andesite image of our first queen, general decorations of pig tail, many images of The Deviance of Phrasing in wood, more images of the queen (also in wood), a couple oak peafowl (Medtob likes peafowl), some waves, and at the top, a pair of images (oak and chestnut) of the founding of FirePunch, and several more (wooden) decorations. I have an ultimate question: How many wooden decorations are on Oddommozir Okoshanil Kar?

How many do you think?
[The Deviance of Phrasing is listed as a shared cage (amethyst) because there are currently some animals in it.]
I dub the creator “Scepter Sovereign” and tell him to club some capys with the mace he's carried around so long.

I have to give it to my main miner, what he lacks in brains he makes up for in guts...What's the point of connecting the drainage tunnel to the well tunnel? That wasn't thought out very well. I'm fixing it ASAP. Soon, the water will be spilling across the countryside...
[I think I'm just growing a bit apathetic. I want the next overseer to have a FUN time running the fort!]

Obsidian 19, 15

Obsidian 20, 15
I recall the militia.

Obsidian 22, 15
Apparently, floors are hard to build when they're being built around a water flow.

Obsidian 24, 15
The importation argument starts. I request leather, jugs, pots, eggs, fuel, lye, waterskins, barrels, silk, cages, ores and flux, coal, food (JIC), alcohol, birds, shields and armor, weapons, a few seeds, blocks, weapons-grade metal, wood, and silk--to help in case the next guy won't take pig tails.
The blocking-off floor is complete. Nothing could go wrong!
That's odd, something went wrong after a little bit, but it wasn't too wrong--the pump operator just got swept into the intake. Usually either nothing would go wrong, or something comically catastrophic would occur instantly, or after a while some minor but quickly worsening bad thing would happen. He did keep getting swept into the tunnel for a little while, though. Okay, he's still getting swept in occasionally, but...yeah, we need to have some way to control this better.

Obsidian 26, 15
People start moving to kick me out of power. I start removing my orders. I'd like the record to note that the giant spiral staircase is intended to act as a dropping tower for goblins.
A dog was stung by--breaking news!--a bee!

Obsidian 27, 15
The liason and I finish the export agreement. They want (in order from most desire to least): Splints, bracelets, amulets, quivers, anvils, fish, shields of all kinds, goblets, crowns, and tools.
The liason bids farewell.

Obsidian 28, 15
I leave the office.
I suppose it's a good thing I did, now...otherwise I might be held responsible for the bad things that inevitably happen when they happen. Such as a dwarf taking out its hatred of authority on, among other things, the liason.

-----

I ended my turn part of a day early so that some of the Fun wouldn't get too Fun...Have fun!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:46:00 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2011, 10:02:48 pm »

Why do all succession games I join die?
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7