Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchant Princess had a heart attack?  (Read 3482 times)

Ubersoldat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Merchant Princess had a heart attack?
« on: May 08, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »

It's mid-summer, and the caravan is about to leave. The human liaison- actually, the merchant princess has just popped up the first meeting screen, with whoever she meets with (it's the mayor if I have no baron, right?). I linger for awhile, then decide to go check on her to see how the meeting is and whatnot. Turns out she's quite dead, in the middle of my crafting area, with my town manager/broker innocently creating mechanisms nearby. There were no messages informing me of her death, I didn't have combat reports in dwarf companion (can't figure out how it works), and there's probably no stealth goblin ninjas hanging around in my crafting area. Absolutely no clue as to how she died. My mayor is an expert wrestler, and my organizing broker is a miner/mechanic/farmer.

I'm gonna continue my search in the mystery of the murdered merchant... and also annoying accidental alliteration.

EDIT: I checked my mayor for any incidental human blood coverings. All he's got on his +obsidian short sword+ is an interesting mixture of goblin, kobold, and werewolf blood. The fortress guard are questioning several witnesses, but have declined to talk to us.

FURTHER INVESTIGATION: None of her clothes have blood stains on them. There are no missing limbs, or any signs of violence whatsoever. Holy friggin crap this is weird.

CONCLUSION: Officer Keldor has solved the case. It turns out she probably just died from old age. The entire fortress guard slaps their forehead and give out a collective 'Duh!'.

This is why having corpse descriptions will be great.

TL;DR version: Human Merchant Princess died for no apparent reason, shortly after the meeting screen popped up. I freak out and make myself look stupid.

[ May 08, 2008: Message edited by: Ubersoldat ]

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
Re: Merchant Princess had a heart attack?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

Sounds like your merchant prince simply keeled over from old age.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Ubersoldat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »

I was hoping it'd be more exciting than that, really. Though it is still rather funny.

Now I'm gonna have to go into the legends screen and find out how old the 'princess' was.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:07:00 pm »

Heh.  Humans just keel over and die whenever they feel like it.  It's not like they're going to live long anyway!
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:46:00 pm »

Elves, on the other hand, need a little help with shuffling off the mortal coil.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Elves, on the other hand, need a little help with shuffling off the mortal coil.</STRONG>

Lucky they have us along to "help out" with a playful shove, yes?