Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 83802 times)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 08:41:02 pm »

NAME: John Varayis
ITEMS: Assault Rifle
Tactical Armor
Armature Sciences Eyepiece.

Is that all, or do you need more info?

But, AI does kinda work. Give them mechanical bodies, and BAM! we win sweet AIs
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 05:51:39 am »

NAME: John Varayis
ITEMS: Assault Rifle
Tactical Armor
Armature Sciences Eyepiece.

Is that all, or do you need more info?

But, AI does kinda work. Give them mechanical bodies, and BAM! we win sweet AIs
That's perfect thanks!
Just so you know there are also laws agaisnt giving AIs mechanical bodies but since you guys plan on becoming pirates anyway I don't see how that'd stop you.

The crew after a quick vote decided to head to the local station before heading anywhere else and pick up supplies but where they we heading after that was still undecieded.
The station itself is a squat refueling station ment to provide basic services to passing ships.
Surprisingly the station authorities let you dock your unregistered rouge warship without a fuss.
Perhaps they considered doing anything about it more trouble than it's worth.
Messages, adverts and service offers are transmitted to your computer as you dock, most are spam but some are job offers from people who assume your a group of privateers and some are spacers looking for a ship to work on.
The dock workers in one message say they can repair the small amount of hull damage you have and repaint the ship for just 145 credits.
Fuel and rations are one credit per unit and ammo for defensive weapons like your 4 inch cannons costs 5 credits per shell.

Aside from there is a small mall area selling an array of different clouthing styles, food stuffs, electronics and small arms.
There's also a rec area with a gambling hall, enviroment dome containing a lush forest, bar and general sleeping quarters

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 10:57:34 am »

The engineer demands we repair the ship before anything else! He then attempts to install the flak turret.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 11:44:35 am »

The engineer demands we repair the ship before anything else! He then attempts to install the flak turret.
Repairing the ship in this case means fixing some of the wear on the hull and painting it in a colour scheme of your choice to make it look as good new.
So what colour would you like the Firestar to be?

With the cranes and moblie schaffolding the dock provides installing a turret in an existing mount should be easy.
But you lack a free turret mount.
You could replace an existing turret or try and go the more difficult route of adding a new turret mount.
Most of the places where it would be easy to put a new turret mount already have them.
That leaves all the places that it'd be hard to put a new one in.
You can try if you like but it will involve rebuilding a small of the hull, risks damage to some of the ships non essential systems and will take a lot of time and effort.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 12:24:48 pm »

> I warn everyone to not reveal any unnecessary information about anything, and set up some obfuscation system to let everyone conduct businesses without revealing their identity. 
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 12:43:01 pm »

Can the flakturret be operated independetly, like attach a battery, control via wireless and then drop it out of the ship.

BTW: considering the fact that ship arrive in sector at Lightspeed, any weapon fired just after reentry will impact with it's target at nearlight speed(momentum)
So, since the kinetic energy of an object is more or less (relativistic mechanics)   equal to ½ mv². So an object of 1 kg at lightspeed has a kinetic energy of roughly 8.987551787368176*10^16 Joules(My math might be off). Which is enough blow up quite a lot of stuff.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 02:13:11 pm »

> I warn everyone to not reveal any unnecessary information about anything, and set up some obfuscation system to let everyone conduct businesses without revealing their identity.

Most buisness such as buying fuel, supplies and paying for repairs and refits is direct to the station and the deals are officaly made with the ship rather than an indivdual.
To put it another way any purchases that aren't from the mall vendors are logged as being paid for by the Firestar, or in this case since the Firestar is an unregistered vessel: Unknown.
It's why typicaly unregistered vessels are refused docking but most stations are privately owned and are willing to look the other way if it looks like you'll spend plenty of money.
The station merchants though only deal face to face or rather the legitmate station merchants, the illegitmate merchants do buisness through an annomous encrypted dark net.
It's a place where criminals seek employment, people post ilegal jobs they want completed, thieves sell stolon goods and smugglers sell their illicit wares.
Most population centres have one and they're easy to get acess to if you know what to look for, which as an expirenced hacker you do.

Can the flakturret be operated independetly, like attach a battery, control via wireless and then drop it out of the ship.
Add some thrusters and a small fuel tank to that and you have a working remote drone.
None of the parts needed are not too complex ethier, with a bit of time it should be easy to fabricate what you need.

BTW: considering the fact that ship arrive in sector at Lightspeed, any weapon fired just after reentry will impact with it's target at nearlight speed(momentum)
So, since the kinetic energy of an object is more or less (relativistic mechanics)   equal to ½ mv². So an object of 1 kg at lightspeed has a kinetic energy of roughly 8.987551787368176*10^16 Joules(My math might be off). Which is enough blow up quite a lot of stuff.
True but it's also hard to predict where around the star or graveity well you will emerge or what heading the ship will be facing.
Also in order to utilise that the projectile needs to be fired in approximately the direction the ship will be facing after the jump.
In order to be able to hit a planet you need to be insanely luckly and appear facing what from your prespective would seem a tiny speck and have your guns percisely target it and fire instantly.
That said there was a recorded incident in this universe where a ship accerateing to jump hit another ship as it jumped in.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 07:55:49 pm »

We should seek employment.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 08:01:58 pm »

was that accounting for relativistic mass?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 09:02:02 pm »

The Firestar should be painted Black as the Void of Space, with red trim.

I vote that we don't install the turret, since we lack a free mount. If we can't rig it to operate remotely, I vote we sell it.

And yeah, let's examine the job offers. Our ultimate goals will likely require quite a bit of funding, so if there's some easy money to be had we should take it.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2011, 09:08:59 pm »

Also, I was wondering if I could do cameos of this on Sky Searcher?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 09:20:02 pm »

Let's not be space Pirates, let's be space Adventurers! It's almost exactly like being a pirate, only without the police hating your guts.

That being said we don't have to do only legit and legal offers. Heroes are perfectly capable of dipping into the underworld for extra funds to buy badass magic swords and whatnot.

Or in our case more dakka.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 09:33:54 pm »

Let's not be space Pirates, let's be space Adventurers! It's almost exactly like being a pirate, only without the police hating your guts.

That being said we don't have to do only legit and legal offers. Heroes are perfectly capable of dipping into the underworld for extra funds to buy badass magic swords and whatnot.

Or in our case more dakka.

Not adventurers- Mercenaries

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 09:43:10 pm »

And with secret AI Mech bodies, that are fugitives, Firefly Style!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2011, 07:07:41 am »

The Firestar should be painted Black as the Void of Space, with red trim.

I vote that we don't install the turret, since we lack a free mount. If we can't rig it to operate remotely, I vote we sell it.

And yeah, let's examine the job offers. Our ultimate goals will likely require quite a bit of funding, so if there's some easy money to be had we should take it.
It takes them a surprisingly short amount of time to fix up and repaint the Firestar, it now gleams as if fresh off the assembly line.
You can rig up the turret to operate remotely, you have the tools and components to build the needed parts from scratch.

There are a number of jobs people are looking for help with, mostly it's the standard escourt contracts that are being offered but there are some interesting ones.
There are jobs for; retreiving a crate of fragile goods that have been stolen(no word on what the contents are), hunting down a ship captain that went rogue with a 900 ton fully loaded cargo vessel and clearing a portion of the scrapyard of automated drones.

And with secret AI Mech bodies, that are fugitives, Firefly Style!

Which reminds me the Digital Rights Front is known to be based in the Ilbrier system, if you want to go and talk them.

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 07:33:36 am by Jerick »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 71