Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1803897 times)

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7065 on: September 30, 2012, 07:23:05 am »

The following screenshots are from my current game using the Alpha.  I'm not sure whether it's a bug with the mod or with the vanilla game.

Background:  My fortress just got sieged by Automatons.  I activated the civilian burrow, but a particularly obstinate fisherdwarf continued fishing at the surface river, even after I deactivated all his labours as well.  I sent my militia up to the surface to kill the automatons approaching the fisherdwarf.

They managed to kill the first automaton, but there was a second one approaching, so I ordered the militia to target that second automaton:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

However. the militia remained standing where they were even as the second automaton drew closer and closer to the fisherdwarf, who finally realised the peril of his location and started running away.

Why was this the case?  Apparently, four of them felt that the second automaton was "unreachable" (even though it was RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM) and three of them thought combat practice was more important than rescuing their civilian comrade:

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:43:59 am by JosephWongKS »

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: September 30, 2012, 07:51:02 am »

That's a vanilla bug. The "kill" order is particulary bugged, so you should use the station order.
Also, it allows your markdwarves to shoot, and not to charge with their crossbows.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: September 30, 2012, 09:32:57 am »

How does a Grimoire of Death work? I have no clue, and somehow I have four of them...
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Canuhearmenow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: September 30, 2012, 09:59:50 am »

I got a quick question; how do I bring back the "descriptive" wood products? What's the point in harvesting ebony when it's only going to become a "rough wood log" when cut down, for example?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: September 30, 2012, 10:19:46 am »

I got a quick question; how do I bring back the "descriptive" wood products? What's the point in harvesting ebony when it's only going to become a "rough wood log" when cut down, for example?

Its helpful for fps and to avoid cluttering the stocks-screen. Bringing the names back might screw with reactions, but im not sure about it.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: September 30, 2012, 10:57:52 am »

Slade bars smelted from powdered slade boulders are still considered rock?

Not quite, it's a different material, [INORGANIC:SLADE_METAL] as opposed to [INORGANIC:SLADE].  The former doesn't have [IS_STONE].  Not relevant to blunt weapons I guess, But, both forms of slade have the same lack of ability to hold an edge [MAX_EDGE:1000].

(all based on 1.9.5)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: September 30, 2012, 11:42:13 am »

Just started playing with Masterwork (1.9.5) and still fumbling my way around.

Am I missing something?  I'm finding it very difficult to tell the difference between exceptional and masterwork items.  Enjoying it otherwise.

I tend to just quickly press F12, to change the font, find what I need, then press it again to change it back. Or.. could read the description.

Thanks.  That's what I've been doing, thought I'd missed an option or something.  Guess I'd got used to seeing it at a glance.

Just started a new fort, had a look at my neighbours and noticed I have a warlock  :o I'm guessing I'd better not leave any corpses lying around...
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: September 30, 2012, 12:49:24 pm »

How does a Grimoire of Death work? I have no clue, and somehow I have four of them...

You need to build the church of the dark depths. That's not easy, as it requires a shitload of bones, bloodsteel, ironbone and a totem. If you have a grimoire, you have the opportunity to transform a dwarf into a shadowmancer, a powerful mage.
BUT, and this is a pretty big BUT, there was (maybe still is?) a bug that made it impossible for shadowmancers, demonbound and earthbound to wake up from sleeping after the fransformation. This can be resolved by adding [NO_SLEEP] to the raws, so it can be easily fixed, but it's still a buggy feature. Oh and the transformation itself tends to fail sometimes, so you may have to try it multiple times.

Transformed dwarfs are VERY strong in 1.9.x, but I haven't tried them in the alpha. In fact, stay away from the alpha version if you run a serious fort, it's not meant for that yet.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: September 30, 2012, 04:32:47 pm »

Wow Ishar, why didnt you tell me before that i schouldnt play seriously with alpha :D I think its fun.

There actually isnt a single transformation in alpha right now. The buildings needed for it are there, but they take nothing to build, have no reactions and the druid circle isnt even named properly ;)

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: September 30, 2012, 11:23:29 pm »

In the Masterwork Mod, do dwarves continue to get attribute boosts after they hit Legendary +5 in a skill?  Or do I need to switch them to a new job if I want them to continue getting stronger / faster / tougher?

And if their skills get rusty to the point that they lose experience / levels in the skill, do they also suffer a loss in attributes as well?

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: October 01, 2012, 08:29:39 am »

Great mod! BTW I'm having problems with tree seeds. I've got like 25 seeds and I build a special outdoors farming area, but when I "Q" it it says: "no seeds available for this area" or something like that. Any fix? Tried almos everything, from dumping and reclaiming to making ordinary plots, but nothing works.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:10:51 am by Melzer »

Bluesbell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: October 01, 2012, 10:11:07 am »

Hi fellow dwarf overseers!
I have a question which has been bugging me for my newest Masterwork run ( I am trying the mod for the first time).
I appear to have no Magma Forges, or any magma buildings except the Magma Arc Furnace and the research option for Magma Ammo Mint and Magma Weapon Maker or whatever it was called. This bugs me a lot, since I am running out of fuel and yeah... I could use those furnaces and forges.

I have Advanced Metalworking and Metalworking both set to be on, and I can't seem to find any of the magma buildings except those that I stated above in the building list.
Is this a bug? Or do I need to experiment or something? I'd like to know, so please, help me out.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: October 01, 2012, 10:21:22 am »

There are definitely Magma buildings, hmm.  Silly question maybe but have you actually struck magma yet?

Bluesbell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:07 am »

Touché. I haven't.
How dumb of myself.
Thanks for the reply, anyways.
I shall dig down to the lava layer and see if it changes.

Thanks again.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:34 am »

No worries, you're welcome :)

@JosephWongKS
>>In the Masterwork Mod, do dwarves continue to get attribute boosts after they hit Legendary +5 in a skill?
>> And if their skills get rusty to the point that they lose experience / levels in the skill, do they also suffer a loss in attributes as well?

edit:  looking at the wiki i realize I don't actually know how it is in vanilla after all, so I'll just say that In Masterwork for the whole bunch of PHYS_ATT and MENT_ATTs, it has this, which I think means no attribute rust decay

Masterwork (1.9.5) doesn't have any PHYS_ATT_CAP_PERC tags, so I assume default behaviour i.e. "this means you can increase your attribute to 200% of its starting value (or the average value + your starting value if that is higher)."

@Melzer

That's not normal, possible you're in a freezing biome?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:58:47 am by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 749