Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721062 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2012, 12:32:28 pm »

He might be a little harsh, but the people of Arizona adore him. Arpaio has been reelected 4 (soon to be 5) times in a row. America has grown soft, and we need more folks like Joe Arpaio.
What.

She was found burnt to a crisp.

The man has no respect for the law. There is no sentence in Arizona or elsewhere that can get you tortured. You have to kill someone to get the death penalty. This man is the worst sheriff I have ever heard of. We have a justice system for a reason, you know. Cruel and unusual punishment is strictly forbidden in the bill of rights, and this man went and did it anyway. This man should be in prison, not running one.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 02, 2012, 12:41:59 pm »

Y'know, inconsiderate jerks who take the last slice of pizza are a problem, too. We should have them drawn and quartered. Maybe that sounds a bit harsh, but how else are we supposed to deter people from being rude? I mean, okay, sometimes there are as many people as there are slices of pizza, or somebody's just not eaten all day. But I feel like these are niche cases. America has gotten too used to accommodating them - we're letting all sorts of people get away with this travesty as a result. It's time we, as a society, toughened up and started doing justice with our pizza etiquette.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2012, 12:45:09 pm »

To be fair, Marcia Powell didn't die in Arpaio's prison. There are plenty of other cases to point to but not that one.

The biggest problem with him is he loves high profile, political bullshit and totally ignores actual law enforcement or, you know, the law.

Like not bothering to chase up sex crimes or entirely ignoring civil rights legislation while making headlines for pink underwear and creating a celebrity rich posse.
In El Mirage alone, where Arpaio’s office was providing contract police services, officials discovered at least 32 reported child molestations — with victims as young as 2 — in which the sheriff’s office failed to follow through, even though suspects were known in all but six cases. [...]

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 02, 2012, 12:52:43 pm »

Ooh, I'll be able to vote this year, is Ralph Nader running? I guess not, dammit.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 02, 2012, 04:24:11 pm »

Joe, like Jack Bauer, does what's needed to be done.

He might be a little harsh, but the people of Arizona adore him. Arpaio has been reelected 4 (soon to be 5) times in a row. America has grown soft, and we need more folks like Joe Arpaio.

Are you seriously suggesting that law enforcement officials should exercise what amounts to vigilante justice in order to torture and sometimes result in the death of inmates regardless of what their sentence actually says? Is this what you're suggesting, or are you just trolling us?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 02, 2012, 04:32:11 pm »

I think "Show Posts" will tell you all you need to know on that front.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #231 on: January 02, 2012, 04:34:52 pm »

I remember him admitting to trolling in the Capital Punishment thread after saying all drug users should be executed. I'd link to one of the posts, but the relevant ones were deleted about a week ago, it seems.

Here's someone quoting the relevant post, though.
I thought being a Mötley Crüe fan and advocating executions for drug users (while winking...) would have tipped you guys off that I was joking. Or that my 1st post in this thread advocated killing juveniles and the mentally ill, while praising Vlad the Impaler and Draco.
I've read FSTDT too much. Nice troll, though, you got me.

Plus... Joe Arpaio.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 02, 2012, 04:41:13 pm »

I'll be honest, on that front:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Because I've talked with people who honestly believe stuff as bad or worse than that. OTOH, the lack of posts on these topics before 23 Dec makes me suspect the former.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #233 on: January 02, 2012, 06:38:14 pm »

I'll be honest, on that front:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Because I've talked with people who honestly believe stuff as bad or worse than that. OTOH, the lack of posts on these topics before 23 Dec makes me suspect the former.

Yes I do know people who advocate far worse seriously. And Fox News has been gushing over Arpaio and who he would endorse in the presidential race.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 02, 2012, 10:02:00 pm »

(trolling removed)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:25:34 pm by Toady One »

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #235 on: January 02, 2012, 10:16:41 pm »

How do you feel about supporting an openly racist embezzler?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 02, 2012, 10:18:14 pm »

And are you seriously calling inmates being made to wear pink underwear and watch the weather channel torture?

I really don't think that's what anyone here is talking about.

I can't even bring myself to respond to the rest of what you said. Not at the moment, anyway. Apparently you're not much of a fan of civil rights of the accused, though.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #237 on: January 02, 2012, 10:24:49 pm »

Some people just think that anyone who breaks any law should be dehumanized and tortured.  Obviously its not correct, but it's just how some people think.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 02, 2012, 10:27:04 pm »

And are you seriously calling inmates being made to wear pink underwear and watch the weather channel torture?
I really don't think that's what anyone here is talking about.
Personally, I was referring to sticking someone out to 'burn to a crisp' when that wasn't what they were sentenced to. (Because that is unconstitutional.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 02, 2012, 10:28:31 pm »

Some people just think that anyone who breaks any law should be dehumanized and tortured.  Obviously its not correct, but it's just how some people think.

Except it's also unconstitutional on a number of fronts, and since he was talking about "police", he presumably means people only suspected of having broken the law as well.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 714