Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720855 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #450 on: January 05, 2012, 01:48:45 am »

Better not visit Fundies Say the Darndest Things. If that ^^^^^ stuff raises your blood pressure, the stuff on that site would probably kill you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 05, 2012, 01:50:51 am »

Do not click that link. Sirus is not kidding, FSDT will at some point make your head explode.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 05, 2012, 01:52:23 am »

Here's another great one that's on-topic.

Rick Santorum quote: “One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country.”  “Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that’s okay, contraception is okay. It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.”

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 05, 2012, 01:54:43 am »

I read a few of those. Just a few.

My knees and shoulders are already twitching uncomfortably.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 05, 2012, 01:57:49 am »

Do not click that link. Sirus is not kidding, FSDT will at some point make your head explode.
You just need to build up your immunity. Start with some of the classic, hilarious ones, or maybe the conspiracy theory section. Don't visit the racist section until you're truly prepared; some of the quotes in there will make strong men (and women) weep.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 05, 2012, 02:08:18 am »

I read a few of those. Just a few.

My knees and shoulders are already twitching uncomfortably.
Your body is trying to forcefully immobilize you in order to escape FSDT. That's Stage One. Your head will violently explode at Stage Five. Don't bother asking about Stages Two, Three, or Four, because you will know if you progress. 
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 05, 2012, 02:12:11 am »

You mean aside from the fact that atheism does not have a clergy, holy texts, divine laws, ceremonies, or anything that the term "church" could imply?
Sounds to me like it'd be pretty easy to be an atheist priest, then.
I can clear this up right now. I am an ordained minister of the official, definite-articled First Church of Atheism. It is extraordinarily easy, it took less seconds than I can count on my fingers. (In trinary using my knuckles.)

Rick Santorum seemingly does not know how healthcare works. This is unfortunate for him, as he's campaigning to lead a country transitioning to more widespread healthcare.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 05, 2012, 02:14:43 am »

You mean aside from the fact that atheism does not have a clergy, holy texts, divine laws, ceremonies, or anything that the term "church" could imply?
I can clear this up right now. I am an ordained minister of the official, definite-articled First Church of Atheism. It is extraordinarily easy, it took less seconds than I can count on my fingers. (In trinary using my knuckles.)
So would this mean that I wouldn't have to pay taxes anymore? :D

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 05, 2012, 02:15:17 am »

I ran Obama-Paul-Gingrich on that survey, but I answered none of the above for many of the questions, and everyone was below 40%. I don't really care for increasing fossil fuel production, or securing the Mexican border, or denying people equal marriage rights, and frankly the issues with the entitlement programs are too complicated for me or most of the public to hold any kind of informed opinion on them.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 05, 2012, 05:20:49 am »

So would this mean that I wouldn't have to pay taxes anymore? :D
I'd be okay with that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 05, 2012, 06:34:36 am »

Well, there are these special unscientific comments by Santorum: " I reject that number completely, that people die in America because of lack of health insurance"

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/santorum-no-one-has-ever-died-because-they-didnt-have-health-care/politics/2011/12/06/31304
Welp, there's my rage quotient for the week. It apparently is possible to be that frakking blind. I'm not entirely sure how it's possible, but it's apparently possible.
It's because there is nothing more powerful than the ability of someone to rationalize their prejudices.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:50 am »

FSDT just makes me laugh for some reason. It's stupidity taken to such a WTF level that all you can do is laugh.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:28 am »

This has helped clarify a few things I've been trying to get straight in my head for a while.
Moral purity and moral perfection will not be on the ballot.

Those seeking moral purity and moral perfection pleasure themselves by imagining that theirs is a superior ethical responsibility. But this is delusional — an embrace of irresponsibility. It’s the claim that one is not responsible for any outcome, consequence or action in this world apart from maintaining, above all, one’s own impotent but unsullied moral purity.

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 05, 2012, 11:06:44 am »

(trolling removed)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:26:16 pm by Toady One »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 05, 2012, 11:11:53 am »

Regardless, is it the sort of thing that a government should be producing legislation on? It seems to me that looking out for its citizens in such a specific and invasive way is far more indicative of a nanny state than any degree of social welfare.

More importantly, though, there is something stopping people from visiting an emergency room - you are, in fact, charged for it. Many people, particularly those who are uninsured, can't afford that extra debt and will put off visits until the condition is critical as a result (which will make it more expensive, but if they're lucky it'll just go away). Not to mention people with chronic conditions. I'm not given to understand that insulin is exactly cheap, you know.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:13:52 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 714