Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721122 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #975 on: January 19, 2012, 02:20:45 pm »

Panhandlestan
I am *so* using the phrase "Panhandlestan" from now on. The beauty is that it can double for the Florida panhandle and be 100% as accurate.

Now that all the candidates that said God told them to run are out, there's no one left for laughs but Santorum. :(

Combined with the Broncos getting knocked out of the playoffs last weekend in spectacular fashion, God's self-chosen aren't faring too hot of late.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 19, 2012, 02:27:12 pm »

Thanks for the mental image, RedKing. Tebow for President? I would plant his ass in the turf myself.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #977 on: January 19, 2012, 02:32:57 pm »

Panhandlestan
I am *so* using the phrase "Panhandlestan" from now on. The beauty is that it can double for the Florida panhandle and be 100% as accurate.
Very true. This part of Florida is very backwards. The panhandle helped win Rick Scott (supervillian Lex Luthor look and act alike) the Governorship.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 19, 2012, 06:23:00 pm »

Guys, I think we all know what the big question here is: who exactly does Herman Cain endorse?

Well, don't worry everyone, I have the answer right here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 19, 2012, 06:30:26 pm »

And every single other candidate immediately facepalms, wondering why they didn't think of that. It's the perfect level of schmaltz, and nobody can actually say anything else now for fear of looking anti-American. Or so I predict, anyway. All future endorsements will be phrased "I endorse the American people, and also..."
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 19, 2012, 06:31:48 pm »

Looks like SOPA might have an effect on the presidential election after all.
So far the most outspoken mogul against the Obama administration on this issue has been Rupert Murdoch who on Saturday told his new Twitter audience: “So Obama has thrown in his lot with Silicon Valley paymasters who threaten all software creators with piracy, plain thievery.” But I’ve learned that other moguls privately are having “direct and personal conversations” with Obama and his administration and the Democratic Party. Several moguls have informed Obama’s newly anointed Hollywood re-election liason to the entertainment community Nicole Avant and her husband who is helping her, Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos, that they are pulling out of major fundraisers planned over the next few days and won’t participate in any more headed by Obama and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (whom they see as in the pocket of the Internet giants like Google).

One of those events is a major January 31st fundraiser attended by First Lady Michelle Obama at the Beverly Hills home of Avant and Sarandos. There’s another LA fundraiser for the First Lady on February 1st. And both President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will be coming for more fundraisers here in coming weeks.  The moguls are telling Avant and Sarandos to count them out. “Now is when all the fundraises are starting. But everyone in my position is really pissed. It’s a real conundrum,” one mogul told me.
This is pretty big money, especially before there is a single Republican target for Obama to raise money running against.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #981 on: January 19, 2012, 07:23:13 pm »

Wow, suddenly I -sort- of like Obama.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 19, 2012, 07:26:15 pm »

Let's hope he grows a spine for once and sticks to it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #983 on: January 19, 2012, 07:31:21 pm »

Wow, suddenly I -sort- of like Obama.

He has his moments.

but wait, doesn't this mean that FOX news just lost its biggest talking point against Obama? They can't say he is "hand in hand with the liberal hollywood fatcat media" anymore. Or am I underestimating the quantum superposition of spin states achievable by the conservative propaganda machine?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 19, 2012, 07:32:35 pm »

Liberal internet fatcat media bullies.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 19, 2012, 07:32:44 pm »

They'll ignore it, and report instead that he supports Internet piracy and probably does it a whole bunch himself. Remember, they're owned by Murdoch. I don't mean the corporation, I mean the actual employees.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 19, 2012, 09:54:29 pm »

Liberal internet fatcat media bullies.

In concert with the hacker alliance Anonymous!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 19, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »

Lol, 'Silicon Valley paymasters'  seems like Rupert is hinting Obama takes bribes and is pissed he wont change his stance over the big was he is waving in his face at the same time.  Sooner that mans son kills and eats him to absorb his powers the better.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 19, 2012, 11:43:09 pm »

Mitt Romney has always been a friend to Eastasia. Any thing different you may have heard are lies spread by Goldstein.
This has to be sigged.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 20, 2012, 01:53:13 am »

It just occurred to me. Mitt Romney is the John Kerry of the Republican party. If you look closer, a lot of them have mirrors from the other side. Another somewhat obvious pair seems to be Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. Also Bachmann/Palin (they're basically the same person) and Hillary Clinton.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 714