Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720640 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #4005 on: July 11, 2012, 09:17:38 pm »

But it does not prevent manual overrides to the brain's anti-headsplodening software.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #4006 on: July 12, 2012, 12:31:27 am »

What could he say that would actually get him votes there?
1. Obama takes your vote for granted, because it's expected that "Hey, you're black! We know who you're voting for..."
Such a statement could prove to be too controversial and I fear the response would look likely be a knock out against Romney.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: July 12, 2012, 07:52:00 am »

Someone posted this picture from the crowd as the sole response to his speech;

Then there is this.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: July 12, 2012, 09:11:00 am »

It's this sort of thing above all that makes me think that Romney's not going to win, for a very simple reason: he doesn't make anyone go "Hey, this guy says what I want to be said in politics!"

The youth sees him as having stolen their future. The wingnuts think he's too soft on social issues. He's too obscenely rich to be a middle-class  focal point. He really only appeals to one kind of voter: the baby-boomer rich guy who's conservative but not a fundie. And there are simply not enough of those for him.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: July 12, 2012, 09:17:24 am »

I'm pretty sure he appeals to the '1 term for the black guy' demographic.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: July 12, 2012, 09:32:53 am »

Yeah, there is a huge, huge "the other guy" demographic in america.  Obama only took 52.4% of the vote last time despite having pretty much everything going for him you could want, the anger at the financial crises, the anger at the war, the anger at the deficit, a good message and a huge army of campaign volunteers.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: July 12, 2012, 04:12:28 pm »

Yeah. Just like the backup quarterback in football, the challenger candidate is the most popular guy in the room when shit hits the fan.
Just because there's an implicit logic of "There is no possible way this guy could be any worse," even though history and rationality would illustrate otherwise. Most backup quarterbacks play dreadfully because of inexperience/age/injury/attitude/whatever-factor-made-them-a-backup-and-not-a-starter-in-the-first-place. Many challenger candidates would make (and often do make) terrible officials for similar reasons.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: July 12, 2012, 04:55:51 pm »

Someone should tell Alex Jones. His head will probably explode.
I had a bit of a close look at Alex Jones after I realized that Glen Beck's list of "bad guys" was identical to Jones', i used the Koch Brothers as a litmus test, sure enough, Alex Jones turns into "Mr Skeptic" when the Koch Brothers names pop up, and he won't hear a bad word about them, unlike that "evil" George Soros he's always claiming is planning a world-takeover. Here's Alex Jones on how the Koch Brothers are the best Americans ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv9PiSsSnBE

BTW: Jones' radio show also popped up during the Clinton years and focused on stuff the 'feds' were doing.

Beware, he's not a garden-variety kook, he's a right-wing troll posing as a kook to deflect the kooks at liberals and Democrat party targets, Alex Jones IS one of those "false flag" operations he's always touting.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:10:26 pm by Reelya »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: July 12, 2012, 05:02:51 pm »

Wait, what did the brothers Koch do this time?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: July 12, 2012, 05:10:27 pm »

No, Alex Jones is definitely a wingnut. We're talking about the guy who said that Prometheus was a coded message about how the Illuminati operates.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: July 12, 2012, 05:13:05 pm »

It's not even a code - the Illuminati, much like Prometheus, should never be considered canon.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: July 12, 2012, 05:29:10 pm »

Trust me that Alex Jones is some sort of paid troll, look it up, he's backed by Koch Brothers and a bunch of Jewish millionaires (the companies which advertise on his show and websites are almost all jewish), and was forced to retract a statement "The Arabs control Hollywood"

http://alexjonesexposed.wordpress.com/alex-jones-and-jewish-money/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZtw3P6RtTs

I definitely think he's allow to exist to deflect kooks in Texas from the real string-pullers.

What makes me more certain is like what you say about Prometheus being a 'code' and bullshit like that, but show him real evidence of REAL corruption and he's suddenly a skeptic. His "blind spots" for dealings which are obviously crooked staggers the imagination, he has his fans chasing phantoms, while there's real problems he ignores completely.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 05:36:42 pm by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: July 12, 2012, 05:35:56 pm »

Jewish conspiracy? Now you sound crazy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: July 12, 2012, 05:37:24 pm »

That's from his ex-fans following the money trail for his shows, not my idea, that link before identified 23 sponsors for his "conspiracy" show which are owned by wealthy Jewish businessmen

Their theory is that he's in with big oil (his climate skeptic stuff and loving the Koch Brothers and Oil Barons) and the Israel lobby (his anti-Arab consipiracy theories and stance that Israel cannot be criticized)

Here's Alex Jones, making the case that oil companies are the victims of that evil 'EPA'

http://www.infowars.com/epa-officials-philosophy-on-oil-companies-crucify-them/

By saying oil companies are "crucified" by the EPA, he's casting oil companies as Jesus, and EPA as the Romans.

Here's Alex Jones calling anyone who criticises Israel "weak minded idiots"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDTKBKGdbJ4

Here's Jones saying Israel-bashers are "scum"

http://www.rense.com/general92/bash.htm

Here's an article about how they caught a Jewish mathematician editing wikipedia to remove all negative statements from Alex Jone's wiki entry

http://fitzinformer.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/jewish-mathematician-caught-editing.html

Note, i didn't spend any great effort "cherry picking" these links, I just googled "Alex Jones Israel" and they're all from page 1
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:08:33 pm by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: July 12, 2012, 05:53:31 pm »

"The Arabs control Hollywood"

Or Antisemitic Conspiracies are Different?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 714