Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721344 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #5790 on: September 27, 2012, 09:22:56 am »

Like I said... EVERYTHING there is pure Mittens (except for I think one quote by Lucille, on a pic of Romney).

And think, at least 40% of your population want him in charge :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: September 27, 2012, 09:25:41 am »

Heh, the more times you say America, the more patriotic the comment is yah?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: September 27, 2012, 09:26:54 am »

And think, at least 40% of your population want him in charge :P
At least 40% of those "likely to vote".

It's likely to be a close race, % vote wise, but a curbstomp in the electoral college by Obama. That's what many experts predict, unless something major happens.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: September 27, 2012, 09:52:30 am »

Remember Todd "Forcible Rape" Akin, the GOP senate candidate who was persona non grata after his assbrained comments about how you can't get pregnant in a "real" rape?

Well, since he refused to drop out, the GOP apparently decided that they'd rather back an idiot slimeball than let a Democrat keep the seat.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: September 27, 2012, 09:56:50 am »

Honestly, are you surprised? They did their media duty in decrying him, but when reality finally set in they realized that at the end of the day, the success of the party is what matters and nothing else.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: September 27, 2012, 10:47:24 am »

Yeah keeping their base is a lower priority to them than opposing the democrats.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #5796 on: September 27, 2012, 10:54:09 am »

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map

Huffpo is projecting that Obama has 271 electoral votes "strongly favoring" with 61 more electoral votes leaning his way. If their polling methods are good, Obama is already over the hump.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: September 27, 2012, 11:06:18 am »

The point I'm making is that we could be spending our taxpayer's money on a space program or defence, but we choose to spend it mostly on services like free prescriptions and so on. However, the space program is a tough thing to debate with respect to America because America brings a lot to the world through their space research.

A point of interest here is that NASA's budget is only a little bigger then Scotland's healthcare costs ($19 billion vs. $16 billion) and not all of NASA's budget is space stuff (National Air and Space Agency).  So a worldclass space program costs as much as healthcare costs for a smallish region.  NASA is chump change in the US federal budget.

This prompts me to wonder actually if you could see a smallish but wealthy nation actually decide to become the leader in space.  Canada for instance has federal revenues of around C$255 (.98C$=1US$).  So NASA wouldn't be a pittance for them but it would be something they could afford.

Canada is affliated with the ESA though. They contribute 0.5% of it's budget, though that might change in the future.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: September 27, 2012, 11:09:42 am »

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map

Huffpo is projecting that Obama has 271 electoral votes "strongly favoring" with 61 more electoral votes leaning his way. If their polling methods are good, Obama is already over the hump.
But how about the UNSKEWED polls?

http://unskewedpolls.com/

I think you'll find that Romney is actually winning easily.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #5799 on: September 27, 2012, 11:17:05 am »

Do you expect me to believe polls from a page that uses a layout from ye olde web of 1992?  :P
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: September 27, 2012, 11:26:45 am »

I was looking at his methodology and it seems like he doesn't understand statistics. I might also take him a little more seriously if he had links to any news articles that weren't from The Examiner.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: September 27, 2012, 12:28:36 pm »

BWAHAHA...I tried clicking that GOP2112.com link, thinking "WTF?? Is typo or really long-term planning?" and got a DOJ block notice that it was a malicious source (i.e. flagged for malware).

Now I'm almost wondering if it's some kind of honeypot, designed to lure right-wingers in by giving them all this wacky data that confirms what they want to believe, while secretly putting half a dozen Trojans on their system or something.

Best line read all day: "Romney's campaign is so dead, the Mormon Church just baptized it."  xD

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: September 27, 2012, 12:57:42 pm »

Wasn't there some study that said a large percentage of malware was found on religious sites?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: September 27, 2012, 01:28:56 pm »

Sorry about that, I'm pretty sure the site itself doesn't contain any malware.  Keep off the external links then.

I was looking at his methodology and it seems like he doesn't understand statistics. I might also take him a little more seriously if he had links to any news articles that weren't from The Examiner.
It seems to run deeper than that.  The "methodology" consists of assuming that there are more conservatives than liberals and messing with the polls accordingly.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: September 27, 2012, 01:32:39 pm »

IIRC there was, it had something to do with how little they were updated making it easier to infect them.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 714