Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 321583 times)

RTD

• Bay Watcher
  • Dedicated to Roll To Dodge
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia!
« Reply #450 on: April 14, 2012, 09:25:44 am »

Gordons Freemans death seems like the happyest death yet.

I almost cryed
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...
One roll can change things around.

Roll To Dodge.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 14, 2012, 09:41:15 am »

King Arthur wordlessly looks around the battlefield, blood pouring from his chest, a grim expression on his face. There is one chance left.
He holds up Excalibur and sacrifices his soul to those who lurk beyond the veil in exchange for the power to win this battle!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2012, 10:05:24 am »

Why is everyone attempting noble sacrifices? Oh well, now the waitlist gets going.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2012, 10:07:30 am »

Why is everyone attempting noble sacrifices? Oh well, now the waitlist gets going.
Soul =/= life... I hope.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2012, 10:20:28 am »

lets see what the rng says to that?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2012, 10:20:41 am »

I almost cryed

The inner grammar Nazi in me wants to punch you in the face for spelling 'happiest' and 'cried' and replacing the i's with y's, but fortunately thats a very small part of me.

The better, more awesome person in me wants to say that I thought it was very sad too. I almost cried writing this turn. It's ridiculous, games like this making me emotional...

Soul =/= life... I hope.

Oh, it does. If you go ahead with this action, I was planning to give King Arthur a badass upgrade, and in return he has to give his life up after the battle.
And it all depends on the Roll you get. Trust me, with something this big, you do not want to roll a 1.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

RTD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2012, 10:36:12 am »

Noble sarcifices are noble.

Its worth it
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...

Roll To Dodge.

RTD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2012, 10:39:00 am »

I almost cryed

The inner grammar Nazi in me wants to punch you in the face for spelling 'happiest' and 'cried' and replacing the i's with y's, but fortunately thats a very small part of me.

The better, more awesome person in me wants to say that I thought it was very sad too. I almost cried writing this turn. It's ridiculous, games like this making me emotional...

Soul =/= life... I hope.

Oh, it does. If you go ahead with this action, I was planning to give King Arthur a badass upgrade, and in return he has to give his life up after the battle.
And it all depends on the Roll you get. Trust me, with something this big, you do not want to roll a 1.

Theres a lesson on this
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...

Roll To Dodge.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 14, 2012, 10:56:15 am »

Fine with me, I was just hoping the only outcome wouldn't be King Arthur dying instantly.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 14, 2012, 10:57:54 am »

Make sure you all loot my maimed body, I got like 6 weapons and a muffin, never know when you will need a muffin.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 14, 2012, 11:50:52 am »

TCM, because Abe is already in the game and RZA is still alive, I'm going to be red Teddy again. I don't want to duplicate colors or characters and I've got a bawse intro to write for Teddy.

Abraham Lincoln is on the ground, and he's pinned... The robot's got him, and he can't get a weapon... It looks like it's all over... but... he thinks he hears a voice. "My fellow citizens, no people on earth have more cause to be thankful than ours" ...yes... he hears a voice indeed... but why would he be thankful? "And this is said reverently, in no spirit of boastfulness in our own strength, but with gratitude to the Giver of Good who has blessed us with the conditions which have enabled us to achieve so large a measure of well-being and of happiness." At this point, the voice is clearly audible and outside the door. The words of his speech provide an effect of motivation, of happiness, of providing of want for duty. It gets closer to the door, then the speech finishes as the door  is rocked out of its hinges. At the door stands Theodore friggin' Roosevelt! Blood stains his uniform, and his wounds are visible... yet... he looks as rejuvenated as he did when he first started this adventure, and a spirit of patriotism radiates from him. "I am Theodore Roosevelt and it taks more than four shots to the chest to take me out. When I get shot in the chest, that's just when I make my inaugural speech! I'm not dead, I'm just warmed uuppp!" Several slugs erupt from his rifle, whistling at the giant robot and the stormtroopers. "I shall deal with the minions of the oppressors! And then I shall deal with the oppressors themselves! And nothing shall stop me! Or my allies, for! That! Matter!"

In short: Teddy comes in kicking down the door while making a motivating speech, then shoots the robots and stormtroopers.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:08:39 pm by Powder Miner »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 14, 2012, 12:05:46 pm »

TCM, because Abe is already in the game and RZA is still alive, I'm going to be red Teddy again. I don't want to duplicate colors or characters and I've go a bawse intro to write for Teddy.
Does it involve power-sliding and guitar riffs?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 14, 2012, 12:07:11 pm »

It involves what I just modified in.

RTD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 14, 2012, 12:09:27 pm »

TCM, because Abe is already in the game and RZA is still alive, I'm going to be red Teddy again. I don't want to duplicate colors or characters and I've got a bawse intro to write for Teddy.

Abraham Lincoln is on the ground, and he's pinned... The robot's got him, and he can't get a weapon... It looks like it's all over... but... he thinks he hears a voice. "My fellow citizens, no people on earth have more cause to be thankful than ours" ...yes... he hears a voice indeed... but why would he be thankful? "And this is said reverently, in no spirit of boastfulness in our own strength, but with gratitude to the Giver of Good who has blessed us with the conditions which have enabled us to achieve so large a measure of well-being and of happiness." At this point, the voice is clearly audible and outside the door. The words of his speech provide an effect of motivation, of happiness, of providing of want for duty. It gets closer to the door, then the speech finishes as the door  is rocked out of its hinges. At the door stands Theodore friggin' Roosevelt! Blood stains his uniform, and his wounds are visible... yet... he looks as rejuvenated as he did when he first started this adventure, and a spirit of patriotism radiates from him. "I am Theodore Roosevelt and it taks more than four shots to the chest to take me out. When I get shot in the chest, that's just when I make my inaugural speech! I'm not dead, I'm just warmed uuppp!" Several slugs srupt from his rifle, whistling at the giant robot and the stormtroopers. "I shall deal with the minions of the oppressors! And then I shall deal with the oppressors themselves! And nothing shall stop me!"

In short: Teddy comes in kicking down the door while making a motivating speech, then shoots the robots and stormtroopers.

I love that intro, and its also makes me cry tears of joy
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...

Roll To Dodge.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 14, 2012, 12:13:29 pm »

I'm going to have to b auto'd through the week due to vacationing just do you know TCM.

Thanks, RTD.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 162