Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 321572 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 30: English People)
« Reply #1425 on: October 24, 2012, 04:35:01 pm »

Just so you know, there's still my characters.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 24, 2012, 04:36:28 pm »

Just so you know, there's still my characters.

Oh. Where are they?

And it seems I'll need to set up an OOC thread, as I've finally exceeded the 40000 character limit on the original post...
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 27: THIS FUCKING TURN)
« Reply #1427 on: October 24, 2012, 04:49:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I can, I'd like to change to a BLUE Gentlespy.

Here.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 24, 2012, 04:53:09 pm »

Ah yes, like I said, just hold onto those two classes. I'll need them later...
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 24, 2012, 11:32:04 pm »

Ah yes, like I said, just hold onto those two classes. I'll need them later...
Viva la evolution?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 31: Gangsters > Poetry)
« Reply #1430 on: October 26, 2012, 04:42:34 pm »

Chapter 31: Gangsters > Poetry

Pinkamena Diane Pie literally starts the battle out with a bang. She lights the fuse on her Rocket Propelled Chainsaw, which shoots out another spinning tool of death at Shakespeare's Rouge! And yes, that's Rouge, not Rogue. He wears pink. It's not unmanly, okay? Though it is a pretty bad color for being concealed. Wearing pink clothing when you're a sneaky criminal, that's as stupid as....uh....like a ninja wearing bright orange or something. (4 vs. 5) His nimbleness allows him to jump away from the chainsaw, sending it smashing into the side of the theater. The Rouge retaliates by tossing a spinning Throwing Knife at the pinky pony. (6 vs. 2) Pinkamena stands on her hind legs. "I'll catch it!" She catches it indeed. With her chest.

Sherlock Holmes goes for a much more subtle route. He quietly changes into a servant's disguise, and circles behind Shakespeare's men. As he berates, he also begins tampering with their weaponry. (5 vs. 2) He manages to secretly mess with the Archer's Shortsword, the Vanguard's Greataxe, the Knight's Greatsword, and the Rouge's Curved Dagger.

Jackie Estacado pulls out his two 1911 pistols and fires away at Hamlet. (5 vs. 1) The bullets blast holes in Hamlet, and he falls onto his back. He begins to die, going into some soliloquy about the harshness of life and some emo shit. Tybalt, meanwhile, starts insulting Jackie's mother. Jackie responds by sending his Darkness Arms at Tybalt. (4 vs. 5-1) Out of brashness and generally insanity, Tybalt's sporadic sword stabs, which looks more like a giraffe doing the Dougie, manages to keep the darkness at bay.

Gordon Freeman 2.0 sees Tybalt acting like a lunatic, and walks up to him. Tybalt yells at him, "DUEL ME YOU SON OF A PIG-WHORE!" Gordon shrugs and obliges. (3 vs. 5-1) He swings the crowbar, but Tybalt parries away the blow! Damn, that's a strong Rapier. The Prince of Cats counter-attacks and thrusts at Freeman, (4+1 vs. 6) and manages to connect! The metal is deflected off of the scientist's hard H.E.V. suit. What ensues is Tybalt stabbing at Freeman multiple times and failing to penetrate the armor, while he looks at him awkwardly.

The Boss starts out with the same brave tactic as he always does: Calling his soldiers in to fight for him. Pulling up Oleg's number on his Cell, the Boss decides to give the Russian Giant a call. (5) "Yes, I am quite available. See you soon." (Oleg will come next turn.) With a successful call behind him, the Saint pulls an Annihilator out of his pants and fires it at William Shakespeare! (6 vs. 4) The Rocket misses the Bard, but manages to explode a few feet next to him. The explosion propels the Englishman several feet into the air. "To fly like a bird/in the clouds/beyond the-" he falls on his face.

"I want that hat!" Rainbow Dash speeds at the Julius Caesar Actor, aiming to snatch his hat. Well, it's not really a hat, just a Laurel Crown, but whatever. (5 vs. 2) Her Katana cuts deeply into his side, knocking him down. As he tries to recover, Dashie zooms in and steals his wreath, before flying into the air again. "Awww yeah!"

While King Arthur is perplexed by the Englishman on the stage, at least this setting is much more of his style. The fellows around him, while trying to kill him, don similar types of armory wear. The King proceeds up to Hamlet, and asks if he fancies a duel. Hamlet responds by gurgling out blood. "I'm glad you could accept. En grade!" (4 vs. 3-2) King Arthur drives his Sword into Hamlet's chest, killing him instantly. He pulls his blade out. "Indeed a fair challenge."

Cyan Garamonde inspects Teddy's Pistol in his hands. Seeing a Crossbowman on the higher level of the arena, the Samurai fires a shot at him. (4-1 vs. 3) The shot misses, and hits a rafter near the Crossbowman, altering him of Cyan's presence.
(Yes, Dashie's Katana is the oldest item the party has held onto. Also, did you forget Cyan has a penalty against using modern weaponry? :P)

Lieutenant Colonel Alfred Daniel Wintle rants at the wounded Julius Caesar actor, and points his Lee Enfield at his face, before pulling the trigger. (5 vs. 1) The bullet tears into the psuedo-Roman's forehead and out the back of his skull. He falls back onto the theater floor.

The Archer, scoping the battle from the second floor, loads an arrow into his English Longbow. Seeing how Jackie Estacado was armed with automatic cannons and had two demons coming out of him, it looked like the Princes of Darkness would be a suitable target. (2 vs. 6) The arrow flies at Jackie, before one of his arms lashes out and tears it to pieces. Jackie looks at the source of the attack, and fires his pistols back at the Archer. (2 vs. 1) The Archer runs from the flurry of bullets, though not really strike him. One manages to skim his foot, but it's hardly an injury at all as his boot takes most of the impact.

The Man-at-Arms, the lightly trained and speedy English soldier, runs up to The Boss and swings his Mace at the gang leader. (3 vs. 6) The Saint jumps away from the spiked club, (5 vs. 2) and retaliates with his famous 'Spinkick to the Nuts' maneuver. It connects, and the Man-at-Arms on all fours, clutching his jewels.

The Vanguard looks at the 'servant' inspecting his men and his equipment. (2 vs. 1) Wait a second, that's no servant! "We have a traitor in our midst!" The Vanguard pulls up his Greataxe and cleaves it at Sherlock Holmes. (6-1 vs. 4) Sherlock's tampering with the axe causes it to swing off-center! And it does, cutting him across his right thigh. As his wound spurts blood he comments, "Quite an unexpected result indeed." He smokes his pipe.

The Knight, guardian of Shakespeare, sees Cyan Garamonde attempt to kill his employer. The enraged Knight grips his Greatsword, and charges the Samurai. (3-1 vs. 5) Due to the tampering of Sherlock, the Greatsword breaks into two pieces when it connects with Cyan's armor. As the Knight is surprised, Garamonde takes this opportunity to slash with both his Katanas! (1 vs. 4) He manages to lightly scrap the Knight's Plate Armor.

The Crossbowman loads a bolt into his weapon.

As The Boss taunts the Man-at-Arms whom is reeling the pain, the Rouge takes this opportunity to come up and slash him in the back! (4-1 vs. 3) He makes a deep gash in the Saint's shirt! Damn, that shirt was expensive!

Tybalt continues stabbing away at Gordon Freeman 2.0. He pants at the impossible object in front of them. Then he makes a realization, Gordon isn't wearing any armor on his face! (1+1 vs. 3) Tybalt, stabs his Rapier at the newly discovered weak spot, but Gordon parries his blade with his Crowbar. (1 vs. 6-1) Tybalt parries the Crowbar away... What's that thing made of?

The Elite Mongolian Warriors charge the Rouge! (6 vs. 5) The nimble assailant manages to evade their weaponry. So, the Mongols initiate plan B: They grab him and start Curbstomping him into the ground.

William Shakespeare stands up and dusts himself off, having been hit by a rocket. Angry that his flight was cut short, he aims a Pistol and fires at The Boss. (2 vs. 5) The Saint rolls out of the way, (5 vs. 3) and brings out his Dual .45 Shepards and shoot the Bard in the Left Leg! "This Thug/is getting/to my head/woe." He falls over.

William Shakespeare
Health: Hit by Explosion, Shot in Left Leg
Mood: All the world's a stage/and I am a boot/that steps on the world/smash/I win.

Spoiler: Shakespeare's Men (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heroes of Equestria (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendly NPCs (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 26, 2012, 04:53:55 pm »

And suddenly everything was in slow motion. Plots whizzed through Sherlock's mind...
First, ash from pipe to Vanguard's face. Distraction. Then, grab nearby broom. Block greataxe, causing it to cut Vanguard's own thigh. Poke in right eye with end of broom. Blinded, he'll lean forward, grasping at socket. Then, using broomstick as ramp, vault upward above head, land behind, knock down and then kill with conveniently placed halberd. (Just in case you couldn't tell, I'm using that slow-mo ability thing.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:19:17 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 26, 2012, 05:03:17 pm »

"Aww yeah, I love this hat! Hey, will ya look at that, he thinks now's the right time to play with himself."

Coup de grace the stunned Man-at-Arms.

((Holy shit but that was cold, Arthur.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 26, 2012, 05:12:04 pm »

And suddenly everything was in slow motion. Plots whizzed through Sherlock's mind...
First, ash from pipe to Vanguard's face. Distraction. Then, grab nearby broom. Block greataxe, causing it to cut Vanguard's own thigh. Poke in right eye with end of broom. Blinded, he'll lean forward, grasping at socket. Then, using broomstick as ramp, vault upward above head, land behind, and stab with conveniently placed halberd. (Just in case you couldn't tell, I'm using that slow-mo ability thing.)

I loved that gimmick in the movies.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1434 on: October 26, 2012, 05:16:15 pm »

"I HATE Machines!"

Cyan lunges at Crossbowmans stomach with his katana.

Also, did you forget Cyan has a penalty against using modern weaponry? :P

(No I didn't forget, I just wanted to try it for Fun.  :) )
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 26, 2012, 05:18:29 pm »

First, ash from pipe to Vanguard's face. Distraction. Then, grab nearby broom. Block greataxe, causing it to cut Vanguard's own thigh. Poke in right eye with end of broom. Blinded, he'll lean forward, grasping at socket. Then, using broomstick as ramp, vault upward above head, land behind, and stab with conveniently placed halberd. (Just in case you couldn't tell, I'm using that slow-mo ability thing.)

I loved that gimmick in the movies.
Heh. Thank you.
Sig! Onol

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 26, 2012, 05:31:45 pm »

"Motherfu-I MEAN MUFFINS!
When life gives you knives, don't make knife-ade. Make life take the knife back! Get mad! I don't want your damn knives, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it though it could give Pinkie Pie knives! Do you know who I am? I'm the pony who's going to burn your body down! With knives! I'm gonna get my muffingineers to invent a combustible knife that burns your house down!"
Channeling the power of Cave Johnson, pull the knife out, and infuse it with combustible-ness. Combine it with the RPC. Rocket Proppeled Combustibleknife-chain-saw anyone?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 26, 2012, 05:53:41 pm »

Tybalt should totally be the new boss. He's been more effective than Shakespeare :p

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 26, 2012, 06:02:56 pm »

Hey guys, I have a question: Do you think this game would look better if I quoted everyone's action post into the turn?

Like:

"Motherfu-I MEAN MUFFINS!
When life gives you knives, don't make knife-ade. Make life take the knife back! Get mad! I don't want your damn knives, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it though it could give Pinkie Pie knives! Do you know who I am? I'm the pony who's going to burn your body down! With knives! I'm gonna get my muffingineers to invent a combustible knife that burns your house down!"
Channeling the power of Cave Johnson, pull the knife out, and infuse it with combustible-ness. Combine it with the RPC. Rocket Proppeled Combustibleknife-chain-saw anyone?

*Blah blah blah rolls and stuff*

"I HATE Machines!"

Cyan lunges at Crossbowmans stomach with his katana.

Also, did you forget Cyan has a penalty against using modern weaponry? :P

(No I didn't forget, I just wanted to try it for Fun.  :) )

*blah blah blah*

etc.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 26, 2012, 06:04:33 pm »

Personally I like it how it is. Perhaps a poll?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 162