Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 321555 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 31: Gangsters > Poetry)
« Reply #1440 on: October 26, 2012, 06:05:37 pm »

Personally I like it how it is. Perhaps a poll?

Eh, it's not that serious. I just want a general opinion.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Samari45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 26, 2012, 06:41:35 pm »

It's pretty good as it is. I think it would actually break up the flow of the turn to be honest.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 26, 2012, 07:58:46 pm »

It's pretty good as it is. I think it would actually break up the flow of the turn to be honest.
((Not much else to be said. Except that speaking from experience, every unnecessary addition makes turns less fun to write up.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 26, 2012, 09:36:55 pm »

"Hahaha, you English retard! All offense intended. Now..."
The Boss laughs evilly for a second, and throws a fart in a jar at the Crossbowman. Then, he slaps Shakespeare with the dreaded Penetrator.

When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 26, 2012, 10:26:28 pm »

Duel him once more!
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 27, 2012, 12:07:56 am »

((I do believe that you have forgotten to add +1 to my attack rolls due to my firearms skill. That's ok though for this turn, I like the mental picture of an archer fleeing from a hail of bullets, james bond style.))

Jackie's eyes narrowed at the fleeing archer. It was time to up the firepower!

Change out one of my pistols for my micro uzi and take down that archer with a rain of lead! Pin down the rouge with one of my darkness arms and skewer him with the other, tearing out and devouring his heart.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 27, 2012, 02:09:26 am »

((Holy shit but that was cold, Arthur.))
((He said yes. How could he not say yes? The blood is just his excuse of gurgling it.))

King Arthur looked at the rest of his battle-savvy allies to spot the ringleader of this motley band. Assuredly, if he was taken out, the rest would crumble under his bloody thighs.

"Wherefore art thou, leader?
Deny thy cowardice and refuse thy shame,
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn by duel,
And I'll no longer wield this shield."

Challenge Shakespeare to a duel! OF SWORDS!

Toss him that katana if he accepts. I work with my own heraldry.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: October 27, 2012, 09:29:25 am »

((I do believe that you have forgotten to add +1 to my attack rolls due to my firearms skill. That's ok though for this turn, I like the mental picture of an archer fleeing from a hail of bullets, james bond style.))

+1 in Attributes =/= +1 in rolls.

The Attributes are just a subjective way of saying how skilled your character is in a certain field. So in a (4 vs. 1) situation, whereas a normal person would hit their target with one bullet, Jackie would hit them would two.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 27, 2012, 10:11:05 am »

"Jolly Good that's one down. Now you sir, the one using that extremely ungentlemanly crossbow, I'm afraid you shall have to join your Roman playing friend in hell, sorry about that."

L.T Alfred fires a series of rounds at the crossbowman before he can get a shot off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 27, 2012, 01:04:27 pm »

Oooooh... Ok that makes more sense now. Thanks for clearing that up!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 27, 2012, 03:46:23 pm »

"Jolly Good that's one down. Now you sir, the one using that extremely ungentlemanly crossbow, I'm afraid you shall have to join your Roman playing friend in hell, sorry about that."

L.T Alfred fires a series of rounds at the crossbowman before he can get a shot off.
I'm beginning to get flashbacks to Roll To Be A Gentleman Spy... Ah, those were the good old days.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 32: Scarface)
« Reply #1451 on: October 28, 2012, 01:18:44 pm »

Chapter 32: Scarface

Sherlock Holmes slows down the very pace of time, at least for himself. Looking at all the possible solutions that are available, he puts together the parts of a machination to take out the Vanguard in front of him. Let's hope it works. (3+1 vs. 6) Despite calculating everything from the trajectory of his attacks to the angle of the sun, Sherlock forgot about one crucial detail: Wind direction. As he chucks the ash from his Pipe at the Vanguard, a stiff breeze blows it back into his face. He starts wheezing and batting at his face, temporarily stunned by his own device. In the meantime, the Vanguard looks at his Greataxe, realizing that it's been tampered with. Tossing it to the ground, he switches out for his Halberd. Checking it out, the Vanguard finds no faults with it, and stabs at Holmes. (6 vs. 6) The detective trips over himself, causing him to barely dodge the spearhead aimed at his face.

Rainbow Dash puts on the Laurel Crown, before deciding to finish off the stunned Man-at-Arms. She zooms at him, Katana clutched in her mouth, (2 vs. 4+1) but he manages to roll on the ground and avoid the fatal slash, and chucks an Axe at Dashie as she flies away! (5 vs. 5) The Pegasus bats the Axe away with her Katana. "Nice try, loser."

Cyan Garamonde curses the curse of industrialism as he runs up the stairs of the audience seating. He sees the Crossbowman perching his weapon on the railing, scouting out his teammates. The Samurai roars with rage and charges at the bowman, his Katana pointed outwards. (3 vs. 4) The Crossbowman jumps back as Cyan jams his sword into the railing, shattering it. The Crossbowman puts his bow down and draws his Short Sword, yelling and hacking at Garamonde. (2 vs. 4) Cyan puts his Katana up and blocks the blows, as the two warriors become engaged in a duel.

Pinkamena Diane Pie, in her ever growing list of fucking terrible great ideas, pulls the Knife out of her Chest. She starts spraying blood like a Elfen Lied episode, but she doesn't care as she loads the Knife into her R.P.C. machine. (6) She puts it in, turning the Knife into a Knife of Fire! Yay.

The Boss taunts his enemies as he takes his biological-weapon of a Fart in a Jar, and chucks it at the Crossbowman. (1 vs. 4) The Crossbowman ducks and the Jar hits Cyan Garamonde in the face, causing him to fall to his knees and retch. Nice. The Crossbowman takes his weapon, gets on a knee, and launches the bolt at the Saint leader. (6+1 vs. 2) The bolt strikes him right in the skull! "You know, that's pretty fucking bad." He falls over, unconscious.
(Fatal Wound: 1 Turn left if not fixed, and bleeding halted.)

Gordon Freeman 2.0 raises his Crowbar with the intent of "dueling" Tybalt's face in. (4+1 vs. 5) He swings the Crowbar, but Tybalt ducks under it and tackles Gordon, grappling him to the ground.

Jackie Estacado switches his Pistols out for his Micro Uzi, pointing it up the higher levels and spraying the Archer. (3 vs. 2) The Archer remains nimble and dodges most of the bullets, but a lucky hit manages to strike him in the Left Ankle! He falls over. Simultaneously, the Arms of Darkness rush at the Rouge, who was just getting jumped by a hoard of mongols. (3 vs. 2) The Rouge jumps up and evades the Arms as they smash into the walls of the theater. One of the Arms smashes into the side of his head, sending him back to the ground.

King Arthur offers William Shakespeare a duel. He throws the Bard a Katana, except he can't because Dashie has it, and I forgot to change Arthur's status. Oops. Regardless, Shakespeare pulls out Twin Rapiers! "I/accept." Arthur throws his Shield to the ground. He jumps up on the stage. Both men bow and draw their blades. The King is the first one to attack. (5 vs. 1) His first attack actually manages to cut the Bard across his entire chest! He falls to the ground. "Ow/ow/ow/fuck you." Arthur bows and turns around, securing his duel victory.

Lieutenant Colonel Alfred Daniel Wintle decides to fire off his Lee Enfield at the new exposed Crossbowman. (2 vs. 5) He gets caught up in such a patriotic fury, the Lieutenant just fires bullets randomly, giving the Crossbowman time to load his powerful weapon again.

The Archer gets back up after being shot, looking at Jackie Estacado. "I'll kill this demon!" He loads another arrow into his Longbow, and fires it off at the source of the Darkness. (1 vs. 2) The Arms of Darkness swat the Arrow out of the air. Jackie grunts and returns fire with a new clip in his Micro Uzi. (5 vs. 5) The Archer holds his head and runs down the stairs as the wooden interior around him is riddled with bullets.

The Man-at-Arms staggers to his feet, and looks over at The Boss. He almost goes to stab him, but the man is lying there with an arrow in his head. The soldier focuses his efforts on another target. He spots Lieutenant Colonel Alfred Daniel Wintle shooting at his fellow Crossbowman. Supporting his ally, the Man-at-Arms charges the Colonel and swings his Mace, (2-1 vs. 4) but Wintle jumps out of the way and counter-fires, (4 vs. 1-1) shooting him in the Stomach!

The Vanguard swings his Halberd Axe at Sherlock Holmes! (2 vs. 5) Sherlock grips the Vanguard's arm, stopping him from swinging down, (5 vs. 2) and smashes the end of the Halberd into his Torso! The Vanguard wheezes and drops his weapon, which Holmes picks up.

The Knight sees King Arthur tear up his employer. Furious, before the King jumps off of the stage, the Knight throws his broken sword away and pulls out his Morning Star and Kite Shield. He jumps on the stage and swings his spiked club at Arthur, (6 vs. 2) and smashes it into his Lower Torso! The King falls to his knees as he is punctured by multiple spikes, and the Knight pulls out his weapon, leaving the King spurting blood like a shower head.

As Cyan Garamonde starts to recover from the Fart in a Jar, the Crossbowman charges him with his Short Sword. (1 vs. 4) Cyan deflects the attack, (5 vs. 6) and nearly decapitates the Crossbowman! He misses, the Katana cutting off some of the bowman's neck hairs.

The Rouge stands up and tries to maneuver through the Darkness Arms of Jackie Estacado. (5-1 vs. 2) He manages to sprint in between the arms and charge at Jackie. Distracted, Jackie is too late when the Rouge slashes him in the Right Forearm! He then shoves Jackie to the ground and grabs his Shotgun before he can react, and then flees the scene.

Tybalt grapples with Gordon Freeman 2.0. (4+1 vs. 6) The Prince of Cats raises his hand to smash Gordon's head, but Gordon pulls his Handcannon Revolver out and puts it to Tybalt's chest! (5 vs. 2-1) Freeman fires and the force is powerful enough to send Tybalt flying back a few feet. He lands sprawled out on the ground, dead with a gaping hole in his chest.

William Shakespeare gritted through his teeth to see his victorious opponent leave their duel. However, he sees a fortunate sight as King Arthur is struck by his Knight. Seizing the opportunity, Shakespeare fires both of his Pistols at the King of Anglos. (6 vs. 5) The shots hit the King in each of his Shoulder Blades, and come out of his Chest. He flies forward, flying off the center stage and onto the ground like the end of Scarface.
King Arthur has died!

Oops, almost forgot about the Elite Mongolian Warriors. "Avenge the white king! RAAAAAAHHHHHH!" The Mongols leap upon the stage and attack The Knight. (1 vs. 3) His swinging Morning Star keeps them at bay, (5 vs. 4) and he manages to bash in the skulls of several of them.

William Shakespeare
Health: Hit by Explosion, Shot in Left Leg, Large Chest Cut, Heavy Bleeding
Mood: Hey/I did/something.

Spoiler: Shakespeare's Men (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heroes of Equestria (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendly NPCs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:30:53 pm by TCM »

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1452 on: October 28, 2012, 01:29:50 pm »

I quess someone needs to go help the fart thrower.  :P

Cyan runs to The Boss to check if the basic medical knowledge all samurai have is enough to save a life today.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 28, 2012, 01:33:23 pm »

((Shakespeare has twin everything...))

King Arthur feels his life ebb as he moves a gauntlet to his chest, seeing minute holes from the top of his plated shell. He wondered what kind of instrument could've performed such a feat - plate mail was the sturdiest armor known to man, able to deflect any blow of the blade and even blunt weaponry!

No matter. He would soon awaken in his land, awaiting the call for battle once more. He would return to his slumber off the coasts of man.

He wondered what it would've been to sacrifice himself instead, defending the rest from death instead of suffering this pitiful end at the hands of a magician.

This was an insult to his name. Whoever that bard was, didn't know the rites of a duel.

That dirty bastard.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:35:29 pm by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 28, 2012, 01:53:25 pm »

Jackie Estacado grunted with pain but paid it no mind. He would heal by himself quick enough. What needed taking care of, however, was to get his shotgun back from that damn thief!

"I'll teach you to steal from me!"

Time for the big guns! Pull out the AK and blast that damn archer to bits. Send an arm to attack the rouge and the other to devour the heart of Tybalt!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 162