Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 321550 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 69: The Siege)
« Reply #2205 on: July 31, 2013, 06:19:54 pm »

((Do I have one turn before I start feeling the drawbacks of lack of mayo, or should I eat right now?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 31, 2013, 07:14:32 pm »

((Do I have one turn before I start feeling the drawbacks of lack of mayo, or should I eat right now?))

You should start eating.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: August 01, 2013, 12:07:31 am »

-paste reserved-
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: August 01, 2013, 08:52:30 pm »

We're missing someone...
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: August 01, 2013, 08:56:30 pm »

We're missing someone...
Sorry. Going to see a movie; post up tonight.
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: August 01, 2013, 09:02:55 pm »

We're missing someone...
Sorry. Going to see a movie; post up tonight.

It's cool, take your time.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: August 02, 2013, 02:14:15 am »

((Pacific Rim is awesome and there should be a mission based on it.))

Swedish Chef devours a mayo jar and hands his dynamite and firebombs over to Mr. Tom as he moves to guard the South.
Mr Tom will spend the turn trapping the West with the dynamite with the intention to explode the fuck out of the cannons.
Mr Fox will sneak assassinate the two Sweepers using his stealth skills.
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: August 02, 2013, 08:46:55 pm »

Hmm, Big Mac?

Biscuitlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: August 06, 2013, 03:53:46 am »

So sorry guys  :-\  was at german Galacon over the weekend and completely forgot to say.

Even though Big Mac had his own share of defending a farm from invading enemy forces, he is not quite as experienced as Braeburn, sheriff silverstar and the other new appleloosans.
Big Mac calls for a Apple family reunion getting those two and as many appleloosans as possible to help to defend the siege.
Then he tries to barricade the stairs up to the hostage room.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: August 06, 2013, 04:01:56 pm »

Good to have you back Biscuit. How was Galacon? Over here in the states, I hear there's some issues with Bronycon. Apparently it's become so big that overpopulation in the convention center has become an issue.

Biscuitlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: August 08, 2013, 07:29:28 am »

Oh it was pretty great  :D       except for my annoying roomate and somehow i heard andrea had a stalker  ???
Dont know how you did it but we just have a fixed amount of tickets for galacon and so the overpopulation was barely an issue.
Except for the signing session for the canadian voice actors (we came at about 7 in the morning and con started at 10 to get a place in the queue for the signing) there mostly was enough place for everybody.
Personal highlight for me was nearly everything that Peter New did^^ If you have the time watch the panel of him with andrea. Those two together is just Gold XD

Another thing i can just urge you to watch is this particular video in which peter new auctions a hug for bronies for good. Thats the charity organisation the whole galacon auction is based on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_kVmMMWyzc

Yeah that is a bra hes wearing....

Big mac is best Princess http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1UONifihbA

Seriously charity auctions with Bronies are just fricking nuts.

Aside that the Gala-dance was nice and now i have a fluttershy shoulder plushy, more prints and some nice autographs. And I heard Andrea doing the cutest voice known to the universe life a few times.

All in all looking back Galacon was sweet   :P

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 70: The Siege; Turn 2)
« Reply #2216 on: August 13, 2013, 11:53:49 am »

Chapter 70: Turn 2

Simo Hayha descends from his tree and sneaks to the house before the Confederates can spot him. He sprints up the stairs, turning and getting into the storage room that allows for vision across the entire front yard. The sniper sets up his position, kneeling down by one of the open windows and pointing his rifle out. He sees the Cannons being set up to the West, and utilizes his position to stop them. (2 vs. 1) The sniper shot manages to hit a pile of cannonballs, displacing them from a previously nicely stacked pyramid. A soldier calls out, "Damnit, I worked for five minutes on that!"

Pastamancer spell summons mortars. (6) 3 Manecotti Mortars appears. He turns to Kingston S.W.A.T. Team and calls them out to man the mortars. "We're policemen, not the military! We have no clue on how to use those!" The Pastamancer then runs over the turret, pulling out parts of Gurren Lagann. (3) With the addition of the parts, the Mobile Turret looks better than ever! That's because it was only modified cosmetically, but it still looks cool.

Twilight Sparkle summons soldiers. (4) Well, she gets three. Good enough.

"Come on everypony, lets raise this barn~!" Applejack sings the least rhythemic of all pony songs as she constructs fortifications for the front of the house. (5) With a good number of planks and nails, she quickly sets up a Strong Fortification. She also deploys Heavy Machine Gat.

"OH YES, I HAVE A DREAM, EQUESTRIA!" Dagoth Ur Calls Upon Allies in this time of need. (4) His ally will arrive to the fray at the end of this turn!

"Ah, they gots me! My hat, too! Fuggetaboutit. If the pigs is comin', I's gonna haves roast pig fuh breakfast!"
Al Capone
tosses one of his Molotov Cocktails at the crops growing around the house. (6) The flames quickly roast the fields, and soon a flickering fire spreads around the house as a barrier. "Yeah! How ya' like that?!"

Swedish Chef gives orders out to his minions as he downs a Jar of Mayo. "Mr. Tom, take this stuff. *Om nom* Mr. Fox, kill those guys. *Nom nom* GO!" He hands his TNT Sticks and Firebombs over to Mr. Tom, as he finishes his jar, throwing it out a window. He walks towards the South of the house as his crew goes to work.
Mr. Tom moves over to the West to set up the Dynamite trap. (3) Tom interprets "Laying a trap" as "Chuck a stick of lit dynamite like a grenade." (4 vs. 6) The exploding stick lands too far away from the Confederates to have an effect except for them noticing. "By God, that there man is throwing dynamite at us! Shoot him!" One of the Canoneers takes out his pistol. (5 vs. 2) A single good shot manages to hit Tom in the chest, knocking him to the ground.
Mr. Fox goes into the field to sneak up on the Sweeper. (1 vs. 6-1) Mr. Tom is not good with the sneakiness. (3-1 vs. 5) He runs after having a Shotgun fired at him.

"Everypony! Apple Family Reunion!" Big Macintosh calls for an emergency family meeting! (2) He immediately gets a letter in response: "Apple Family Reunion Cancelled on Account of New Game of Thrones Episode." "Damnit!" There was no way he could wrench the Apple Family away from a dramatic television show depicting a large dynasty rife with violence and incest, much like his own.
He decides instead to fortify the stairs that lead to the Hostage Room. (4) He makes a Solid Fortification.

"COMPANY OF THE UNITED STATES CONFEDERACY, MARCH!" Confederate Company No. 1 begins marching on up onto the Plantation household. Meanwhile in the estate, an orange earth pony gets behind her Heavy Machine Gun. "Firin'!" (2 vs. 5) The wild fire of the gun does nothing to slow down the advancing confederate forces. They manage to reach the fortifications. "Bring it down boys!" The soldiers begin smashing apart the wood that lines the outward door and windows, but it remains firm for now.

Sweeper No. 2 runs after Mr. Fox! (6-1 vs. 1) He shoots the fox with a direct shotgun blast, and he explodes into a ball of useless fluff! The Chef cries out, "MR. FOX! NOOOOOOOOOO-"

From the West, the Confederate Calvary rides towards the side of the house! Simo Hayha pulls out his gun to stop them! (3 vs. 4) He fires a full clip, but the horses are too fast for him! They pass the wounded Mr. Tom, dismounting their mounts to get through the window. Saber handles connect with fragile glass, and the shatters and footsteps can be heard throughout as dozens of men manage to get into the west side of the house!

The accompanying Western Cannons spot Simo Hayha sniping at the cavalry. "That son of a bitch is the one shooting at all of us! Aim upwards, give him hell!" (3 vs. 1) A cannonball blasts it way through the portion of the building that the sniper rests at. He dodges out of the way as the cannonball goes through the wall and through the floor, which peppers him with wood shrapnel, but his jacket manages to deflect it. However, he accidentally drops his Mosin Nagant, which falls through the newly made hole. He curses in his native tongue.

Calvary Company No. 2 rides in from the East! However, they have to deal with a nightmare for all fleet-footed land soldiers, the Automated Turret. (6 vs. 2) Just as they come near the house, the machine gives out a single beep before unloading it's efficient targeting machine gun. There's a series of bright flashes and pumping machinery as both man and horse are filled up with lead. Within 30 seconds, half of the company is dead. The rest retreats, turning around at the last moment and running. However, they now have to deal with the Molotov Cocktail blaze! (1 vs. 2) While none of them are hurt trying to navigate through the fire, it significantly slows them down, which means it will be many turns before they can regroup and form a new company to attack again.

While the Turret fires away, the Confederate Gatling Guns on the Eastern Front decide to return the favor! (1 vs. 3) Seems like old-fashioned man-powered guns aren't as accurate or efficient as modern computerized ones. Who knew. (4 vs. 2) Using a few more shots, the Automated Turret manages to disable one Gatling Gun, as well as it's four operators.

From the South, Confederate Company No. 2 attempts sneaking their way through the back. Their plan would succeed, except for one issue. A large, meaty, Swedish issue. "COME AND HOUSE AND DIE!" Some of the soldiers form a single file line, preemptively lining up all their guns for a simultaneously shot. Swedish Chef stands in front of the door, unmoving, like a man. "Fire on em'!" (1 vs. 3) The bullets break glass and tear through some of the weaker materials in the South of the House. But not can hit the chef. He roars and pulls out his eating utensils, "MY'AH TURN! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGH!" (4 vs. 6) The chef trips down the southern steps, "FUCK." *Splat*

Sentry No. 2 charges out of the protection of Confederate Company No. 2, running towards The Swedish Chef as he lie on the ground like an idiot. The Sentry knew this would be his chance, if he took down one H.O.E., he would finally be respected in his home town. He drew his Revolver out, "I got him!" (1-1 vs. 3) However, suddenly spins around, delivering a sweep kick to the Sentry's legs. He falls to the ground as the chef quickly jumps to his feet. Before he can react, the sentry is picked up by the viking man. "BEHOLD!" (4 vs. 2-1) The chef slams the sentry onto the ground, knocking him out instantaneously.

Elite Kingston S.W.A.T. proceeds to the front area in the interior of the house, where the Confederate Company outside is trying to break down the fortifications. "Smoke them out!" (5 vs. 3) A Smoke Grenade is thrown into the mass of southerns. With a *pop*, the bashing of the fortifications stop as smoke fills the outside of the house, replaced with screams and wheezing.

Dagoth Rather, the Snarky Ascended Sleeper walks up to the Gatling Guns. (3 vs. 6) "Hey, you guys-" (6 vs. 2) One of the guns turns on him and opens fire, with the effect of hitting him with a dozen bullets in mere seconds. Looks like Snark doesn't work in every scenario.

The Head Guard stands up, finally recovered from a nearly fatal attack. He wipes the dust off of his face and pulls out a menacing knife as he saunters to the Hostage Room. It looked like all the H.O.E.S. were busy fortifying or fighting, leaving the Hostages to themselves. It was too late for negotiations at this point, he'd be doing his country a service by getting rid of the filthy Yankees. But just when he walked into the door; "SLIM JIMS!" (5 vs. 4) Macho Man Randy Savage leaps at him out of nowhere tackling him to the ground. "What in the hell-?!" The guard writhes under the wrestling legend, "YOU GOTTA' TRY HARDER THAN THAT TO TAKE ON THE MACHO MANNNN~"

In the midst of the fighting, a small stealth plane hovers over the Plantation House. "It looks pretty heavy down there you two, good luck." The two new H.O.E.S. in question are instantly teleported into the house.

Gary Motherfucking Oak & Altria Pendragon have joined the H.O.E.S.!

Enemy Positions:

-North-
(Fortified)

Confederate Company No. 1
Items: Rifles
Health: 150/150; Smoked

Sweeper No. 2
Items: Shotgun With Flashlight
Untrained: -1 to combat rolls.
Health: Fine

-West-

Confederate Calvary No. 1
Items: Sabers
Health: 80/80
Notes: Dismounted, In West Side of House

Confederate Cannon
Items: Cannon, Cannonballs
Health: 5/5

-East-

Confederate Gatling Guns
Items: 3 Gatling Guns
Health: 8/12

-South

Confederate Company No. 2
Items: Rifles
150/150

Sentry #2
Items: Revolver
Untrained: -1 to combat rolls.
Health: Unconscious

-Upstairs-
(Solid Fortifications)

Spoiler: H.O.E.S. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendly NPCs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:54:27 pm by TCM »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: August 13, 2013, 12:13:02 pm »

"Hm. Dagoth Rather has proven as useful as usual."

Summon Ash Cloud at the Confederate Cavalry inside the west side of the house. If successful, commence pummeling utilizing superior visibility.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:37:26 pm by Harry Baldman »

TsukikoNeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: August 13, 2013, 12:23:32 pm »

[Ignore this, mixup resulted in me thinking I was one of the two brought in.]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:55:45 pm by TsukikoNeri »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: August 13, 2013, 12:31:44 pm »

Simo Hayha will not accept losing his rifle! Ah well, for revenge, he will rake the Confederate Cavalry that he missed with blistering SMG fire!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 162