Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1677342 times)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4380 on: March 30, 2017, 02:38:18 pm »

* Core Sector Systems base value reduced from 5 to 3. Added new early/mid game technologies and traditions to raise it

Urgh, even lowerrrr. I get what they're trying to do, but it seems frustratingly low.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: March 30, 2017, 04:36:13 pm »

* Core Sector Systems base value reduced from 5 to 3. Added new early/mid game technologies and traditions to raise it

Urgh, even lowerrrr. I get what they're trying to do, but it seems frustratingly low.
And you start out with being able to make colony ships or was that a tradition?
I don't see what's wrong with it. Might be able to get past the 5 core sector system with those traditions too but I haven't bothered reading any yet :P

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: March 30, 2017, 04:48:26 pm »

And you start out with being able to make colony ships or was that a tradition?
I don't see what's wrong with it. Might be able to get past the 5 core sector system with those traditions too but I haven't bothered reading any yet :P

That wasn't tradition, and you can get past 5 core systems. The problem is that whilst the sector AI has improved, its frustrating having to mess around with sectors all the time. It'll also mean that unless you go straight for expansion tech, you could end up with basically only 3-4 habitable planets to manage directly, which seems a bit slim.

I feel like sectors should be something I *want* to do, rather than that I have to do.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4383 on: March 30, 2017, 05:05:52 pm »

Fortunately the mods that currently change core system numbers should continue to work just fine

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4384 on: March 30, 2017, 05:27:02 pm »

They've made it so only one pop can migrate to a planet at a time though, so there's more reliance on natural growth rather than just letting one pop from each of the 30+ planets you control or have a migration treaty with fill the whole thing up in 2 years. Getting planets productive more quickly will be a very valuable thing, both for border extrusion reasons and for the resources.

Ok, yeah, but I liked the fact that free flow of people was the advantage of liberty. It made for an interesting opposition to empires.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: March 30, 2017, 05:34:09 pm »

Since I'm not as familiar with the modding scene for stellaris as I am with say, DF or Cata DDA, what kinds of mods would typically still work unmodified after an update like this?  I imagine anything that changes game values, like expanded ethics are out, but would things like Avali(cuddly space raptors yay!), flag icons, and coloration stuff still work correctly?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: March 30, 2017, 06:03:04 pm »

But would things like Avali(cuddly space raptors yay!), flag icons, and coloration stuff still work correctly?

Those things should work, assuming the devs haven't touched any of those files.
The colorations, you will have to test. I read that they did some changes to empire border colors.
But I don't think they have changed the actual colors themselves though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: March 30, 2017, 06:42:19 pm »

Since I'm not as familiar with the modding scene for stellaris as I am with say, DF or Cata DDA, what kinds of mods would typically still work unmodified after an update like this?  I imagine anything that changes game values, like expanded ethics are out, but would things like Avali(cuddly space raptors yay!), flag icons, and coloration stuff still work correctly?
Well, I know the species mods broke after one update or another changed the way that species groups were organized. Some of them still haven't been updated and are useless now.

So I wouldn't assume that any mods will remain unbroken after Banks is released.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: March 30, 2017, 07:18:54 pm »

Honestly I'm glad primitives are less common. In some games it's hard to find world's without primitives.

Also, growth time is and always will be useless.
I guess apparently it's handy in the hardcore 4x multiplayer that they do in the Paradox offices.

But it's easier to raise now, so I reckon that's not such a bad thing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4389 on: March 30, 2017, 07:43:27 pm »

But growth time directly translates to resource growth on a new planet...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: March 30, 2017, 07:48:24 pm »

Sure, but increased habitability translates into increased maximum happiness, and increased happiness also boosts resource growth. It's actually higher in the long term that way, because all the tiles will fill up eventually.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4391 on: March 30, 2017, 07:49:19 pm »

I always stack growth time bonus first then rebuild for max happiness once the planet is full. Sector gov does something similar

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: March 30, 2017, 09:22:31 pm »

Here's hoping to sectors finally being decent enough that a 9999 core system mod isn't required.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: March 30, 2017, 10:44:37 pm »

Here's hoping to sectors finally being decent enough that a 9999 core system mod isn't required.
We can hope. I think it'll be maybe two or three patches more before it becomes good though.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: March 31, 2017, 05:21:46 am »

But it's easier to raise now, so I reckon that's not such a bad thing.

My issue is that I feel it'll be a sort of 'no-brainer' tech to research ASAP, and the only reason you'll want to do it is to cut the tedium out of sector shuffling.

I get their reasons behind doing it, and maybe with the new faction system and whatever it helps keep the amount of micro down, but it still seems a bit tediously low.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 632