Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678439 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5985 on: March 02, 2018, 12:18:54 pm »

Do you set up your sectors to replace buildings, not respect tile resources and give it a non-balanced focus?
It's set not to respect tile resource, they all have a focus (most research), and redevelopment is allowed. The food production total is going UP, not down. And it's not just from building paradise domes for unity.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: March 02, 2018, 12:28:51 pm »

As a stop-gap measure, turn redevelopment off and manually replace the farms with something else. Does it suck that the sector AI is terrible enough that you have to do it? 100%. But at least Paradox patched that option in, unlike beforehand where it was impossible to fix things.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5987 on: March 02, 2018, 12:31:48 pm »

In this game it really doesn't matter, I have near infinite resources due to being synths and the most advanced empire around. I'm perpetually capped on minerals and energy.

I just wish they could fix it. How hard is it to compare food use to food production and realize that robots don't eat.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: March 02, 2018, 12:32:40 pm »

So, no surprise but yeah the AI is still dumb. not AS dumb, but dumb. My empire of thousands of synth robot pops is still producing over 250 food in its sectors for no reason. I invaded a robotic empire, one with no organic pops, and they had hydroponic bays on all of their stations. sigh
This, at least, sounds like something that Paradox can relatively easily fix if it's brought to their attention, since it's a simple absolute (if no biological pops, no food ever) and therefore they might actually do it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5989 on: March 02, 2018, 12:52:43 pm »

It's been reported in every version I have seen. It isn't a new issue

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: March 02, 2018, 04:58:30 pm »

Are you sure your not running a mod that screws this up? Atleast in 1.9 I have neither seen this issue in my own sectors nor in AI Empires in Observer games.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5991 on: March 02, 2018, 05:08:55 pm »

Are you sure your not running a mod that screws this up? Atleast in 1.9 I have neither seen this issue in my own sectors nor in AI Empires in Observer games.
No mods at all. I could provide the save if you like. It's an ironman game but I think you can transfer those

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: March 02, 2018, 05:11:26 pm »

Sure, I'd actually be interested in seeing that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5993 on: March 02, 2018, 05:17:07 pm »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: March 02, 2018, 07:03:50 pm »

For some reason, whenever I take a system from the enemy, that adds to my war exhaustion? What's with that? theres no fixes or mention of it on the workshop, even though theres like a dozen mods tweaking warscore...
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: March 02, 2018, 07:07:57 pm »

Presumably from taking damage to your armies?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: March 02, 2018, 07:10:24 pm »

the war exhaustion tracker says I lost those battles though.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: March 02, 2018, 07:13:41 pm »

It's bug, they're working on it, I think.

I think the marauders and war exhaustion need serious tweaking, but the ideas behind all the big changes are solid. Right now it is best to play without marauders and not have many wars to avoid frustration...

Looking at the war exhaustion breakdown (and various post on Steam and Paradox forums) it's not so much that war exhaustion needs tweaking as it is the fact that they missed a giant comet-sized bug that makes your wins count as defeats. I just basically beat myself into submission by blitzing the enemy and capturing several of their systems, each giving ME war exhaustion as a 'defeat'  ::)

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: March 02, 2018, 07:14:57 pm »

It's bug, they're working on it, I think.

I think the marauders and war exhaustion need serious tweaking, but the ideas behind all the big changes are solid. Right now it is best to play without marauders and not have many wars to avoid frustration...

Looking at the war exhaustion breakdown (and various post on Steam and Paradox forums) it's not so much that war exhaustion needs tweaking as it is the fact that they missed a giant comet-sized bug that makes your wins count as defeats. I just basically beat myself into submission by blitzing the enemy and capturing several of their systems, each giving ME war exhaustion as a 'defeat'  ::)
Is it fixed in the beta patch?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: March 02, 2018, 07:15:08 pm »

So if I lose warscore for beating the enemy, how am I supposed to win wars? Is the game literally unplayable right now?
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 632