Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 211

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1415747 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1305 on: February 03, 2017, 07:54:44 pm »

As I recall with my handle question, buckets are old and weird, I think minecarts were meant to be more realistic there, and a full minecart is 5416 units of liquid, 2900+ or so is enough to get 7/7 water (or magma wee!!) in a tile when emptied.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: February 03, 2017, 08:09:59 pm »

As I recall with my handle question, buckets are old and weird, I think minecarts were meant to be more realistic there, and a full minecart is 5416 units of liquid, 2900+ or so is enough to get 7/7 water (or magma wee!!) in a tile when emptied.

When the job to fill the aquarium is repeated (dfhack job repeats) the aquarium's water does not stack so no it doesn't seem intentional but its interesting to ask toady non-theless if they ever intended such a function or if 10 was a satisfactory amount. (sort of answered my own question i guess in a immediate practical manner)

However the item stack of water can be increased with dfhack, but getting my hands on a live fish is harder (GM uncooperative unless i import some [PET] fish from humans) and transporting them to be alive long enough to test my hypothesis that more water contaminents in the aquarium might just save them is tricky. Buckets are based off product amount not actual water data, thats just 7/7's or seventy containment powder using the same kind of code as reagents for product amount (because contaminent water is a powder splatter, wierd)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 03, 2017, 08:31:24 pm »

So we are starting the Release Pool already?

Dibs on the Captain Releasepool name if we ever get super powers.

0.45.01 for now.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: February 03, 2017, 10:39:53 pm »

Is that what it'll be called or?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: February 03, 2017, 11:19:20 pm »

That is my bet on the next version's number.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 03, 2017, 11:33:16 pm »

Ah.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: February 04, 2017, 12:05:24 am »

So we are starting the Release Pool already?

Dibs on the Captain Releasepool name if we ever get super powers.

0.45.01 for now.
0.46.286.70q12

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: February 04, 2017, 12:22:19 am »

...I think minecarts were meant to be more realistic there, and a full minecart is 5416 units of liquid, 2900+ or so is enough to get 7/7 water (or magma wee!!) in a tile when emptied.
Really? I thought the capacity was around 833 units or so.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: February 04, 2017, 06:33:22 am »

...I think minecarts were meant to be more realistic there, and a full minecart is 5416 units of liquid, 2900+ or so is enough to get 7/7 water (or magma wee!!) in a tile when emptied.
When ran through water it fills with enough to make 2/7, when filled by interacting with liquid or using a reaction it'll go up to 5416.

Also guessing 0.48 because it'll be 4 headings with several bits of various important under each.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 04, 2017, 07:22:05 am »

When ran through water it fills with enough to make 2/7, when filled by interacting with liquid or using a reaction it'll go up to 5416.

Also guessing 0.48 because it'll be 4 headings with several bits of various important under each.
Surely more than four? There's four pieces left to go, having already completed the other stuff (spies, artifacts moving, artifact wars...).

However I don't agree with your math and will opt for 0.47.01

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: February 04, 2017, 08:44:41 am »

Im calling that since reclaimation is open ended for later arcs it'll probably swing onto 46.01 with the bug fix polishes after that, the myth arc in full might push it onto 50.XX

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: February 04, 2017, 12:00:17 pm »

I think myth & magic will push further, perhaps 0.52. It's a really big thing, after all.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 04, 2017, 07:45:08 pm »

I feel like the end of the myth&magic stuff might bring it past 0.50, yeah, but the artifact stuff specifically looks like a 0.45 to me.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 05, 2017, 12:11:20 pm »

Will the myth generated only be 1 version of events like in legends mode? or will other civs and/or races have their own version on how everything was created, with maybe a chance for some of the myths to be somewhat connected, showing that some of those events happened? (like 2 dwarf civs talking about dwarves or other creatures being created by the same thing, showing a connection between those 2 civs)
I believe Toady has expressed a desire to do so, but also that it might be difficult and weird to do so.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 05, 2017, 01:10:30 pm »

Do you plan for conversation to use a similar system to books? I.e, "Golgar featherlumps give a scathing comeback to your criticism of dynastic bellydancing, with a hint of self-actualization. The crowd erupts in laughter"
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 211