Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 1413  (Read 56139 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 24
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2013, 06:13:31 am »

Turn 24
<- Turn 23 | Turn 25 ->

"CHRIST IN A BUCKET! WHY DID I EVER AGREE TO THIS?! Shit shit shit, what do I do..."
Hit it!

2+2. You stumble over some vines but manage to smack it for 3 damage. It just looks a little angrier though.

(6) Elephant Gorilla Plant Zombie used whip tackle! The vines attaching it to the ground extend, then lash violently at you. The beast on the end of them smashes into you like a flail, dealing 5 damage to you and 3 damage to itself.

... you force my hand.

Go to the 15th floor and give the guys there a piece of my mind.

5. You go to the elevators, which are miraculously working again, and press the 15 button. Nothing happens. Oh yeah, you need authorization for that. Hey, is that a card on the floor?

"Gene Campbell, R&D". This'll get you up there. You swipe the card, hit 15, and the elevator starts moving. The elevator stops suddenly between floors 14 and 15, but continues after a second. The doors open to reveal a smoke-filled hallway. (5) You identify electrical noises, fire, and someone talking nearby.

"We can't contain this, Wright. Their tech is years, even decades past ours."

"Reverse engineer it. Just fucking shoot them if you have to."

"There are too many. Even groups we've never heard of before are contacting us now."

Grab fireaxe, chop down door, and get out of this place.

5. You're now wielding a fire axe (2d3 damage). You head over to the stairs, and somehow manage to bash the handle off or something with the axe. You get the door open and start heading down the stairs.

"Fine then, I'll look for Nix, Happy?!"
Go look for Nix

6. You manage to spot Nix as he leaves HR. He's dangerous - he's got the floor's fire axe for some reason. You watch him force the fire door open, and realize it's your time to strike. You leap at him, knocking him down the stairs. You both tumble down them. You take 2 damage and he takes 4. The axe goes flying (2) and bounces down a couple flights of stairs.

Um. No luck here.

In order:
1. Wake up.
2. Return to my body.
3. Focus on an SCP article I read the other evening--the evening I had nightmares.
4. Think of everything I know about The Matrix.
5. Think of everything I know about its sequels.
6. Curse at God.

1. You try to think for a moment, but realize it's best for us to help with the thinking instead of just you. Oh yeah, that's what you were going to do! Go make some new friends. You feel your palm with your fingers and recognize your metallic interface surface. You head into the cubicles and wait until someone comes around the corner, and... (3) leap past them.

Oh, it's Randy Lindeman - a man in need of saving if you've ever seen one. "What in God's name is wrong with you, Carlson? Are you posessed?" He flicks some water at you. "I guess not. Beware of the devil's servants."

Status
Time - 10:20 AM Tuesday Febuary 5 2013
Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: borno (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

NPCs
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:44:00 pm by penguinofhonor »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2013, 06:20:24 am »

Get a feel for what's actually wrong here. Then try to help fix it, if possible. Can't be worse than regular tech support.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2013, 06:21:28 am »

Beat this guy to death.  With my bare hands. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2013, 07:56:09 am »

"Arghleblragle! Wait a second, is this what Billy was talking about...?"
Try to run past it into a different room further south! If there are no other rooms, then this must be it! Jam my flash drive into it!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2013, 09:44:19 pm »

See if I have any control over this stuff.

((OOC, I have a decent idea of what's going on. IC? Nope.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2013, 04:14:03 am »

Stab, stab
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 25
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2013, 07:42:01 pm »

(6:55:02 PM) Frastur: The zombies have been, in my head, explained away as casual Friday.

Turn 25
<- Turn 24 | Turn 26 ->

"Arghleblragle! Wait a second, is this what Billy was talking about...?"
Try to run past it into a different room further south! If there are no other rooms, then this must be it! Jam my flash drive into it!

6. Yeah, that twisty mess of plants coming from the ceiling looks pretty crucial. You leap up on the elephant-thing's face and kick off from it, dealing 2 damage to it. As you leap you pull the flash drive out of your pocket and jam it into the plants.

The plants darken and you hear a thud as the beast behind you falls over. You examine one of the vines - it seems to be withering.

Stab, stab

5. You expertly swipe at Nix, dealing 2 damage. Who said desk jobs don't teach useful combat skills?

Beat this guy to death.  With my bare hands.

3+1. You punch her but deal 0 damage. Man, that jab from the letter opener hurt your arm.

Get a feel for what's actually wrong here. Then try to help fix it, if possible. Can't be worse than regular tech support.

1. You step around the corner and immediately get caught in an explosion which deals 5 damage to you and knocks you down the hallway. You are in a lot of pain.

See if I have any control over this stuff.

6. You try your hardest to focus and push whatever this is out of your mind. You succeed, at least for now. Your next action will be free from its influence, but you realize that after that it'll come back stronger than it was before.

You're losing control of your mind to some sort of shared-mind entity. You can sense 23342 on the floor somewhere, and know he can sense you too. It seems nobody else has been brought in. The metal plate on your palm is capable of communicating when pressed against someone else's, as well as somehow doing a lot of other things somehow. You feel your head and notice some bumps on the scalp that weren't there. Implants? You don't think the palm thing will be useful for anything other than indoctrinating other people.

The entity feels... tremendously far away, somehow. You really don't want it to get any closer. It'll be harder to keep control the more people get brought in, but nowhere near as difficult as it will be if this thing gets near you.

Status
Time - 10:25 AM Tuesday Febuary 5 2013
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:13:48 am by penguinofhonor »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2013, 07:43:42 pm »

Second time's the charm. Try not to blow up half the building this time.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2013, 12:05:10 am »

Keep punching.  Death or glory!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2013, 02:41:29 am »

"Oh yeah!"
Jake fistpumps.
"I should make a song about how awesome I was there! Yeah!"
Snap the vine off, head back to the elevator.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2013, 03:36:34 am »

Keep stabbing, only glory!
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2013, 01:05:58 am »

Run away as fast as I can, as long as I can, to get as far as I can from whatever that is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 26
« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2013, 03:11:40 am »

Turn 26
<- Turn 25 | Turn 27 ->

"Oh yeah!"
Jake fistpumps.
"I should make a song about how awesome I was there! Yeah!"
Snap the vine off, head back to the elevator.

1. You try to break off a vine, but the ones that are closest to you are too thick. And they're just sort of limp and wilted, not dry and snappy.

You head towards the edge of the room, only to stop when you hear something rustling under the vines. You peer down, but can't see it. Then you hear a tearing noise behind you (5+1) as a loan shark leaps through the vines and hits you for 0+1 damage, digging its teeth into your back.

Keep punching.  Death or glory!

5+1. Your punch connects but deals 0 damage again. She must have some sort of finance imperviousness.

Keep stabbing, only glory!

4. You jab him for 1 damage. He's looking pretty bad.

Run away as fast as I can, as long as I can, to get as far as I can from whatever that is.

4. You run through the office towards the exit... but you don't seem to be getting away from it. It's not far away in normal distance, whatever that means.

Second time's the charm. Try not to blow up half the building this time.

1. On one hand, you're happy as you get up because you realize half the building is not destroyed. On the other hand, you're unhappy as the first thing you see is some sort of grenade tumbling towards you. Luckily you only take 1 damage from this one, but it still knocks you a ways up the hallway. You think you're heading north.

Status
Time - 10:30 AM Tuesday Febuary 5 2013

NPCs
Spoiler: Loan Shark (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:54:35 am by penguinofhonor »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2013, 03:29:46 am »

How can a 6 not do any damage? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2013, 03:46:26 am »

6 for accuracy deals damage. Unarmed attacks do 1d3-1 damage. You rolled a 1. 1-1=0.

Honestly doing 0 damage sucks. I ought to change that.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19