Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 1413  (Read 55968 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 29
« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2013, 08:01:32 am »

"..."
Jake stares at his scales with a look that can be only described as abject horro-oh wait he's smiling.
"Awesome! I'm going to be like a superhero now!"
He punches the air with a mighty "KWAH!", completely forgetting about his blood and the lack of it.
"My name shall be The Green Maid and all shall be good."
((Also, nominating this for the Hall of Fame))
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:08:57 am by borno »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 29
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2013, 03:12:24 pm »

"Yeah, right."

Escape.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 30
« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2013, 04:29:08 pm »

Turn 30
<- Turn 29 | Turn 31 ->

"Yeah, right."

Escape.

6. You decide the best way to escape is upwards and push him aside, bolting up the stairs. You get back onto the 11th floor and run straight into the newly converted Doris Johnson. (1) She tries to grab you but you've got too much momentum and plow her over as well, dealing 1 damage to her. You head to IT as fast as you can.

Awaken.

1. You groan and roll over. Unfortunately, you roll straight over the edge of the stairs and fall down several of them, taking 2 damage. You manage to stay unconscious through this.

Wake!

4. You get up and examine yourself. You're pretty badly bruised, but you think you can hold together as long as nothing hits you too hard. Nix is apparently attempting to escape in the most painful way possible.

"..."
Jake stares at his scales with a look that can be only described as abject horro-oh wait he's smiling.
"Awesome! I'm going to be like a superhero now!"
He punches the air with a mighty "KWAH!", completely forgetting about his blood and the lack of it.
"My name shall be The Green Maid and all shall be good."

3. You examine your kick-ass scales for a moment, deciding your mission can wait a bit. (4) The tingling intensifies for a second as your bleeding stops, and then it fades away completely.

Stay inside and hope you don't get eaten by a grue.

1. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

The large, shadowy form behind you agrees with the narration and swipes at you (2+1) but misses. You can hardly make it out but it seems to be a humanoid shape, blending perfectly into the darkness. It's pretty much absolutely terrifying.

Status
Time - 10:50 AM Tuesday Febuary 5 2013
Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: borno (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

NPCs
Spoiler: Jackie A. Montgomery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GRU Class Shade (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:02:38 am by penguinofhonor »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2013, 04:31:06 pm »

WHY

Bad Gruemia. Bad.

Tame the hungry beast with a packet of crisps.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2013, 04:37:04 pm »

Slit Nix's neck. Greet evil self if she appear.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2013, 04:41:10 pm »

Determine if I am in reality or not.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2013, 04:51:06 pm »

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2013, 04:56:48 pm »

Jake feels ready to take on the world now! He realises that the sounds of fighting must be from a damsel in distress, and he will be the fresh saviour!
"Wait here! THE GREEN MAID TO THE RESCUE!"
Investigate the sounds of the kerkuffle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2013, 05:43:03 pm »

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from "reality."
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2013, 05:50:08 pm »

(oh we're not do-

Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see

-carp)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 12, 2013, 12:22:21 am »

Have my spirit leave my body.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 31 - Now Hiring Waitlisters!
« Reply #251 on: March 12, 2013, 09:02:03 am »

"Mama, ooh, I don't want to die,
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all."

--Queen, "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Turn 31
<- Turn 30 | Turn 32 ->

Tame the hungry beast with a packet of crisps.

5. You toss a bag of chips in the corner and the shade rushes over to eat them, or do whatever a being made of shadow does to a bag of chips. You question whether you can actually tame it, but it at least seems preoccupied.

Have my spirit leave my body.

2. Your spirit remains solidly in your body. It prepares for the inevitable.

Slit Nix's neck. Greet evil self if she appear.

4. It takes a bit of strength to cut through his throat with the letter opener, but he's not moving so you have more than enough time. Nix is now dead. You have gained the Stabber ability (+1 accuracy with knives, letter openers, and broken bottles).

You hear footsteps on the stairs and turn around to see... yourself. The other you is wearing a toga, but otherwise seems to be identical. "Clair," she says. "You've proven your loyalty. I'm Clara R. Regia, and I've been sent to your company on an important mission. You're more than capable of helping me."

She mumbles a few words (1) and grunts in pain as spectral hands appear around her and claw at her, dealing 4 damage. "Uh, that was supposed to heal you."

Jake feels ready to take on the world now! He realises that the sounds of fighting must be from a damsel in distress, and he will be the fresh saviour!
"Wait here! THE GREEN MAID TO THE RESCUE!"
Investigate the sounds of the kerkuffle.

1. You decide that your first act as the Green Maid will be an investigative one. Specifically, you're going to see what that is over on the ground. Ah, a grenade. One that explodes and deals 3 damage to you, knocking you around a bit. Well, you've at least determined the source of the blast marks.

6. Yeah, you're in reality, but not the best part of it. The 11th floor seems to have gotten a bit more chaotic in the twenty minutes you were gone. There's some sort of rumbling coming from the upper floors, and this one doesn't look much better.

To the north in HR, it looks like someone has turned the cubicles into a fort of some sort. Randy V. Lindeman's head is poking above the wall, preaching. He's probably standing on a desk or something. The remaining lights in IT are dimmed - the generators must be close to running out of power. And over in Law you can see... plant people. They're just sort of shuffling about aimlessly.

Name: Martin M. Marigold
How would your co-workers describe you? An emaciated individual that seems to actually live in the office, speak purely in frenzied mutters and get up to god knows what in that corner cubicle of his. Some say he participates in mortal combat with the janitors over the right to get into his cubicle every night, though other sources claim that that's utter silliness and the combat is almost exclusively nonlethal at all times. The cameras don't really have that area in their field of vision, so it's hard to say for sure.
Department: Finance
Where do you see yourself in five years? Still employed, still keeping the place afloat and, most importantly, still undefeated.
What you brought for lunch today, or if you plan on going out to eat. Nothing, since he doesn't ever leave the office as far as the common worker knows. His lunch is usually scavenged from unattended leftovers. Today it is a half-eaten chicken sandwich. It looks better than his usual fare.

It has been a rather awful day at work. You're more used to the death and fighting than most of your co-workers, but not the power outages and strange creatures roaming around. Right now you're doing some paperwork in finance, but you just got the feeling that you'd be more helpful elsewhere.

Status
Time - 10:55 AM Tuesday Febuary 5 2013
Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: borno (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)

NPCs
Spoiler: Clara R. Regia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jackie A. Montgomery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GRU Class Shade (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:54:36 pm by penguinofhonor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 12, 2013, 09:23:20 am »

Martin pulls out a weathered old notebook and begins to write inside it.

Marigold's Log, February 5th, 10:55 AM

There are sounds outside of my cubicle. Not the usual sounds. New sounds. Bad sounds. Distracting sounds. Screams of pain, death and oppression. More than usual. Could not summon bravery to forage yet. There is something out there, I know it. And I will have to leave my lair eventually, comfortable though it may be for now. Am wrestling with thoughts of whether to leave now or leave later. Now seems a better idea, as it will let me know my enemy and engage on my own terms. Should anyone find this log on my corpse, my chicken sandwich (hidden in my back pocket) is to be burned along with my remains.

With that done, Martin could go on with his day. First order of business, recon.

Grab some pens as well as anything sharper than that from my cubicle. Place half-eaten chicken sandwich in back pocket. Look over cubicle walls after standing on desk to get a good idea of any trouble in the nearest vicinity.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:29:59 am by Harry Baldman »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2013, 11:39:07 am »

Clair shrug "happened to the best of us 1 out of six times, tea?"

locate kettal and first aid box

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2013, 11:41:01 am »

Good girl.

Come out of the closet. Then lock it, if possible.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19