Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 819981 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r1
« Reply #2325 on: April 26, 2020, 12:48:37 pm »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3 | 0.47.04-beta1
« Reply #2326 on: April 26, 2020, 04:43:27 pm »

Only Angavrilov can code some mod-usable plugins or not?
It's open source, so anyone can submit changes. My point is that the original author isn't very active, so sending him feature requests probably isn't what you want. If you post your suggestions at https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/issues or on the forums, someone might be willing to implement them or direct you towards resources you could use to implement them.
I need some fully new plugins. DONOR plugin about reactions that give as product, example, blood or tears of worker (and only workers who have this material, example tears, will do this reaction - for prevent bugs). Second plugin will read CREATURE:CASTE from item PET (maybe, VERMIN or even REMAINS) and transform it into live creature, for re-using bugged purring maggots.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: April 27, 2020, 01:54:12 am »

<...>
I need some fully new plugins. DONOR plugin about reactions that give as product, example, blood or tears of worker (and only workers who have this material, example tears, will do this reaction - for prevent bugs). Second plugin will read CREATURE:CASTE from item PET (maybe, VERMIN or even REMAINS) and transform it into live creature, for re-using bugged purring maggots.

IMHO this does not need plugins and can be done in script. Plugins usually have more work involved and are only used when you need high performance (e.g. doing work on most of tiles of map) or impossible to do in scripts.

This being said: first idea is possible in scripts (with second part impossible at all - AFAIK we cannot limit workers for a job), second one is also a simple script.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: April 27, 2020, 11:35:41 am »

Would be better to put it to github myself, but a headsup: item_plant_growthst.anon_1 (this line in structures) determines which GROWTH_PRINT it uses in item form. Counts up from from 0, and out of range defaults to withered tile.

@Warmist: For this application, I wonder if you couldn't work around it by making the actual labor for the task something no unit has enabled, then every 100 ticks check for idle dwarves with actual desired tear processing labor enabled and assign the job to first/most skilled/closest (taking advantage of the fact that dwarves keep working even if their labour is disabled).

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: April 27, 2020, 12:36:28 pm »

<...>

IMHO this does not need plugins and can be done in script. Plugins usually have more work involved and are only used when you need high performance (e.g. doing work on most of tiles of map) or impossible to do in scripts.

This being said: first idea is possible in scripts (with second part impossible at all - AFAIK we cannot limit workers for a job), second one is also a simple script.
I don't understand differences between script and plugin, what of them may be started by reaction? Can you write this scripts for me, please?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 28, 2020, 04:06:51 am »

@Iä! RIACTOR!: A script is interpreted text (e.g. Lua), while a plugin is code that has to be compiled with the same compiler using exactly the same DFHack code base as the DFHack version you're using it with. Thus, a script is portable and works across versions as long as the particular pieces of information it uses hasn't changed, while a plugin has to be recompiled for every new version and has to be provided for each DFHack version (OS/bitness, etc.) separately. The advantage of the more cumbersome plugin is that it runs a lot faster than interpreted text, which can matter when heavy work is done or it is run frequently. A positive side effect of the plugins compiler dependence is that the compiler will point out where the code no longer works because the underlying DFHack structure has changed (i.e. it will fail to compile), while a script will only detect such changes when it happens to try to interpret such lines of the script.
There are a few things that are available from code that isn't available to scripts, but very much can be done with scripts.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: April 28, 2020, 04:30:24 pm »

@Iä! RIACTOR!: A script is interpreted text (e.g. Lua), while a plugin is code that has to be compiled with the same compiler using exactly the same DFHack code base as the DFHack version you're using it with. Thus, a script is portable and works across versions as long as the particular pieces of information it uses hasn't changed, while a plugin has to be recompiled for every new version and has to be provided for each DFHack version (OS/bitness, etc.) separately. The advantage of the more cumbersome plugin is that it runs a lot faster than interpreted text, which can matter when heavy work is done or it is run frequently. A positive side effect of the plugins compiler dependence is that the compiler will point out where the code no longer works because the underlying DFHack structure has changed (i.e. it will fail to compile), while a script will only detect such changes when it happens to try to interpret such lines of the script.
There are a few things that are available from code that isn't available to scripts, but very much can be done with scripts.
Can script work "automatic" like SPATTER_ADD, without starting by command for every playing session?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: April 28, 2020, 07:31:58 pm »

Can script work "automatic" like SPATTER_ADD, without starting by command for every playing session?
Not in the same way as add-spatter, but it's possible for a script to be run once and register handlers that run when the game state changes. The easiest way to ensure that it gets run would be to add it to dfhack.init, and there are already several plugins enabled in dfhack.init too, so it would feel about the same to a user.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: April 28, 2020, 07:46:02 pm »

Not in the same way as add-spatter, but it's possible for a script to be run once and register handlers that run when the game state changes. The easiest way to ensure that it gets run would be to add it to dfhack.init, and there are already several plugins enabled in dfhack.init too, so it would feel about the same to a user.
Could you make this scripts for me? Please!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: April 29, 2020, 02:39:05 pm »

Could anybody tell me how (if it is possible) to teleport a bunch of stuff from the bottom of a waterfall onto dry ground?  Preferably something that can be used with multiple items at once.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: April 29, 2020, 02:45:35 pm »

Could anybody tell me how (if it is possible) to teleport a bunch of stuff from the bottom of a waterfall onto dry ground?  Preferably something that can be used with multiple items at once.

Designate them for dumping, move your cursor to where you want them, then use autodump.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: April 29, 2020, 03:00:51 pm »

Designate them for dumping, move your cursor to where you want them, then use autodump.

Thanks.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 29, 2020, 04:23:07 pm »

Note that this teleports everything marked for dumping to the given location, so either make sure you don't have (too many) other things marked for dumping, select a target location that's somewhat suitable for all the things marked, or mark the items you actually wanted elsewhere for dumping again and autodump them to a new location (you may have to unforbid them first).

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: May 02, 2020, 02:07:43 pm »

Concerning changes to modtools/create-unit. - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176272.0
If you like this game why not head over to https://www.patreon.com/bay12games/posts and make a small contribution?!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: May 04, 2020, 04:17:14 pm »

Nevermind.  I've figured out the problem.  Seems one of the saves that I thought couldn't possibly be the one I wanted (because of the dates and directory modification times) actually was the one I wanted.  To avoid confusion, I've deleted all the other saves from this world and renamed the remaining save to "region1".

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:34:01 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 243