Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Strange self imposed challenges in LCS.  (Read 8438 times)

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange self imposed challenges in LCS.
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:55:32 am »

What weird games have you played (and won?) in LCS? Please do tell!

Currently I am playing a "Fagin" character... all his recruits are 10 year old child workers! (you need to start on conservative nightmare mode for this) If I get someone with high agility, I'm going to name him the Artful Dodger.

Of course, being a coward, Fagin will not step outside to influence the issues or gain money himself, oh no, he will send out his children to do the dirty work for him...

Difficult? You bet your arse it is. Fagin will never gain any juice since he stays at home all the time, nor will he do anything useful. The children... start with ABYSMAL stats in many areas... I hope their stats improve as they grow older... oh, and children obviously cannot seduce anyone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Strange self imposed challenges in LCS.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 12:06:32 pm »

Yes, but children make great interrogators!  Let the children torture the automations into working for the LCS!

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 12:13:22 pm »

Interrogation is based on Intelligence+Heart, right? So why are they good at it? Their only decent stat is charisma. Besides, kidnapping is a lot harder since you can't date-nap... well, until your kids turn into teenagers anyhow.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 12:22:02 pm »

Look again at your little children.  They have awesome heart.  Some have decent intelligence.  And Charisma is useful for the actual recruitment part of the interrogation.  Intelligence&Interogation is generally a measure of their ability to reduce the resistence of the Conservative, and Charisma&Persuasion determines the likelihood of actually recruiting the Conservative.  But I base this on emperical evidence and not codediving.

They also only have one Wisdom.  Interrogation is also based on having low wisdom.  I do not know the specific formula, but it has something to do with rolling less than heart, then rolling more than wisdom, so lower wisdom is better.  That's why smart Hippies usually make great interrogators, tracing their roots back to Charles Manson.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 12:33:29 pm »

Well, let's see...

Gandhi, beaten many times over. No kills, no raids (except for public area recruitment runs), no illegal activities (I've sometimes restricted less, so graffiti and website harassment is allowed, also newspaper is allowed even if illegal in C+). Nightmare wins too.

Solo victory, 0 kills, piece of cake really.
Solo victory, 0 kills, NIGHTMARE mode, not that easy

Currently running a nightmare solo victory with abysmal (I thought they were) starting stats. My character is a martial artist and I thought violence wouldn't work in solo... until he pwned 9 DS officers with his bare hands.

EDIT: He's called Neo by the way.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:39:12 pm by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 01:39:41 pm »

Trying to win with no crimes at all sounds really tough... is it possible to win on nightmare with no crimes whatsoever?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 02:04:45 pm »

Yes. Getting sleepers doesn't have to involve any crime, have them promote liberalism until free speech is C instead of C+, and then just use the Guardian.

Alternatively, you can just wait for the congress to vote free speech to C (they manage to muster enough votes to overturn veto sometimes) or the supreme court to decide it's ok to run newspapers.

Also, I think community service has a small effect on issues (not sure about THIS part), and isn't criminal.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 10:20:19 pm »

Currently running a nightmare solo victory with abysmal (I thought they were) starting stats. My character is a martial artist and I thought violence wouldn't work in solo... until he pwned 9 DS officers with his bare hands.

I guess my next suggestion will be that you have to do it again without a keyboard.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 11:47:39 pm »

Cool.
BTW, new, more hilarious challenge. Instead of just Fagin, how about a "Peter Pan" scenario... have your founder recruit some kids, let them get 100 juice, then suicide your founder into the death squads.
The Liberal Agenda will be advanced by 10 year olds!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 07:49:30 am »

I guess my next suggestion will be that you have to do it again without a keyboard.

If you use Windows, press Windows key+R and type "osk.exe" (no quotes). Won't be too hard!

Let me guess, next I'll have to do it in real life?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 08:48:12 am »

Of course!  America needs you!

(Please do the real version non-violently!  I do not want to get gunned down by your followers because they missed the Conservative next to me!)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 09:04:43 am »

This'll be hard, my stats are like

HRT: 12 (Idealist, yet not quite fanatical)
INT: 20 (This is for real...)
WIS: 3 (I went to a business college...)
HLT: 8 (Never have been in too good shape but don't get ill often)
AGI: 7 (I'm quite clumsy)
STR: 5 (I played computer games instead of getting obsessed with swords and lifting weights)
CHAR: 16 (I am an unique personality)

I have some 6-7 points in computers, 5 in writing, 2-3 in business, 2 in science, 1 in security (I know how a pin-and-tumbler lock works), 2 in persuasion, 0 in seduction (I trained computers instead), 2 in law (sadly, it's our Finnish law), 1 in tailoring (I know how a needle works), 1 in religion (I know a few Liberal Priests), 1 in first aid (we had a minicourse in our school), 2 in art (I like doodling), and about 5 in music (I play the piano).

With this set, what'd you recommend? And it still has to be solo, right?

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 12:05:01 pm »

Pshaw. I think you fudged your Wisdom number. Packing that kind of score and you went to a business college, learning straight from the foot of the Man himself? Tut-tut-tut. On the bright side, all of those little skill numbers you gave yourself because you have a rudimentary knowledge of things means that your Conservative opponents can do the same. Yaaay.

At any rate, I would need Mr. Fox to create a LCS whose government matched yours before I could give you advice on how to do it in real-life. I'm not that good. =P

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 12:10:57 pm »

And you have 1000 juice, from your stats... hmm. Wonder what you did to earn that much juice?

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 01:05:32 pm »

So, you're saying that right out of the box you have the highest possible intelligence score possible?

interesting :D

Some buddies of mine, we all would sometimes play table top RPG's with "ourselves" in the game. So we'd stat ourselves out based on the system and then play. We found that this just leads to lots of eye rolling.

"Oh, you have THAT score? Are you serious?"
"No offense dude but you're not NEARLY as charming as you think you are"
"How the hell can you have above average strength when you can't even bench the bar!"

So what we started to do is have everyone stat everyone else and do averages. So you'd put down stats for everyone else EXCEPT yourself. It sucks when you find out that you're not as smart/handsome/charming/intelligent as you thought you were, but on the flipside it's the most unbiased.

Now sometimes mistakes were made and people could advocate. For example, my friends put down my strength as being a lot lower then I thought it should be (I'm a pretty small guy) so I demonstrated that I should have greater strength by lifting up a guy 150lbs heavier then me. That bumped me up a couple points ;)

Anyway, for intelligence we would just round your IQ to the nearest and drop a decimal place, so on that system, a 20 Intelligence would equate to about 200 IQ, i.e. completely off the scale.

Then again LCS is completely OTT because Juice increases every stat :D.

Anyway, I have no objections to anything in particular, it doesn't bother me. Just saying that self-stating is very difficult to do objectively. Even if you drop ego aside, it's very hard to rate yourself accurately. Peer review is the best way to be objective.
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach
Pages: [1] 2 3 4