Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970413 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #3300 on: January 18, 2014, 10:16:38 am »

Hey! I try to balance things!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: January 18, 2014, 10:18:33 am »

enhanced aim was Elf suggestion, I have explained at length that this was not the intention of my power, and I am not using it as such. I made it clear several times that Hainuwele is a status slinger.

and if what you say that the game is focused on fun rather than balance, then I dont see the problem with giving a shy character a confidence boost. it may yet have entirely unforseen and potentialy interesting consequences if the confidence suddenly runs out at inopportune times, or if she becomes so overly confident that she suddenly shows entirely new, sides to her that not even she herself could have predicted. I have left the full extent of confidence she gains from that and the duration it lasts entirely to Cado via irc, unless Elf wants to direct that
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: January 18, 2014, 10:23:45 am »

Hey! I try to balance things!
And you're doing a valiant job, but I think you're going to have about as much chance of it as Hai has of sticking Kyle in her mouth.

enhanced aim was Elf suggestion, I have explained at length that this was not the intention of my power, and I am not using it as such. I made it clear several times that Hainuwele is a status slinger.
There are plenty of ways you can give statuses. Use your imagination.

and if what you say that the game is focused on fun rather than balance, then I dont see the problem with giving a shy character a confidence boost. it may yet have entirely unforseen and potentialy interesting consequences if the confidence suddenly runs out at inopportune times, or if she becomes so overly confident that she suddenly shows entirely new, sides to her that not even she herself could have predicted. I have left the full extent of confidence she gains from that and the duration it lasts entirely to Cado via irc, unless Elf wants to direct that
It's rather less fun if people are complaining because some people get to make up all sorts of new powers as the situation arises, without even needing a good explanation. "I can drain these important medical drugs now! I can boost confidence now! I can change gender now!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: January 18, 2014, 10:27:15 am »

It's rather less fun if people are complaining because some people get to make up all sorts of new powers as the situation arises, without even needing a good explanation. "I can drain these important medical drugs now! I can boost confidence now! I can change gender now!"

I'm surprised you haven't murderized Marie to hell and back for technically being able to do that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: January 18, 2014, 10:27:16 am »

thankfully there is an Elf around to have an eye on that, have some faith in him, mr. my power gives me the answer to all problems and much more
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: January 18, 2014, 10:30:11 am »

I'm surprised you haven't murderized Marie to hell and back for technically being able to do that.
The difference is, she hasn't been.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: January 18, 2014, 10:31:19 am »

Ok, guys.

We're getting uncomfortably close to outright insults. I advise calming down.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: January 18, 2014, 10:34:52 am »

EVERYBODY LISTEN

WE NEED TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN

:P

Nah but srsly I guess i could say that GWG is like 'stop making up abilities randomly >:C' and Akroma is like 'but you guys are so OP I need to catch up D:'

Am I reading this properly-ish?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: January 18, 2014, 10:41:34 am »

I am saying that it is Elf alone who may decide what can be done via mana boosted acupuncture and what not.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: January 18, 2014, 10:46:39 am »

No you weren't. :/ You may be now, but you definitely assumed stuff earlier.

* Twi adds an official strike to Akroma's list. :I

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: January 18, 2014, 10:47:40 am »

No you weren't. :/ You may be now, but you definitely assumed stuff earlier.

* Twi adds an official strike to Akroma's list. :I
I am saying that it is Elf alone who may decide what can be done via mana boosted acupuncture and what not.

Not was. Present tense

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: January 18, 2014, 10:49:41 am »

No no, I'm not interested in the present tense, I'm interested in preserving the original argument for my own ponderification :P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: January 18, 2014, 10:50:43 am »

anyway, it's fine, Elf is right, it is best to ask first, I'll try to do that whenever necessary

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: January 18, 2014, 10:52:26 am »

Which is whenever you try to do something unusual with acupuncture you haven't dont before.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: January 18, 2014, 10:54:28 am »

various effects have been given as examples in previous explanation posts most of which seems pretty safe to me, else surely there would have been a comment
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 1030