Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970413 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #10785 on: April 06, 2014, 04:02:22 am »

No wonder there hasn't be some sort of French revolution equivalent in Hell.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: April 06, 2014, 04:03:57 am »

That's what Andras does, anyway. Not sure about other demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: April 06, 2014, 04:17:30 am »

What other aristocrats do we know of? Does Lucifer have his own shit or does he just rule over everything? I suspect that Andromalius' legion does fuck all and gets paid extra for the privilege seeing as they aren't serving an actual demon and instead an arms dealing representative, or embassy, or something. I'm still not sure how that pseudonym and rank were issued in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:20:40 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: April 06, 2014, 04:26:04 am »

GWG, we did *not* just sit around and let the demon finish his plans, we tried for a peaceful solution, because combat run by you would mean this will take until july. Of course you decided that this was not an option and went along anyway.

oh, and I wrote 20 job applications yesterday. Proper ones, for high class employers, so a lot of prior investigation was needed. You are not the only one who has IRL stuff, you are the only one though who keeps mentioning it
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:27:46 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: April 06, 2014, 07:13:37 am »

* Twi has no time for this, while you argue I'm getting older and I have work to do >:(

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: April 06, 2014, 10:06:06 am »

Still doesn't change the fact that I'm majorly disappointed that it flopped before it could even be a thing.
True.
Well, if you modified the premise some it could still be viable. Like, instead of being suicidal in a post-apocalyptic universe, you could have the angel be guarding someone harassed by demons.
Or do the Rumsiel game. Playing a screwup angel trying to get back into heaven seems much more Bay12's style than playing a goody-good angel trying to protect people.

Come to think of it, do any of Selham's supporters hold any position of power in hell? When they escape/get defeated, who gets those ranks and titles?
Are they simply dissolved, leaving the remaining noble demons with a greater share of power?
Do the remaining noble demons get promoted and have their former ranks filled by newcomers?
Or are those empty ranks directly filled by newcomers?

If it's one of the latter two, I suspect that through some form of @Elf-endorsed convolution, Meme gains a position of significant power in hell.
You seem to be assuming that there's order in Hell. When not imposed by some powerful demon, there really isn't.
Seham's supporters are mostly rank-and-file demons, with some officers and such. Those officers might take fragments of Seham's servants and try to stake out claims, and enemies of Seham will invade the borders and claim what they can. Business as usual.

What other aristocrats do we know of? Does Lucifer have his own shit or does he just rule over everything?
Lucifer has a large domain, and he may claim to be the lord of all Hell, but he doesn't actually control most of it.

GWG, we did *not* just sit around and let the demon finish his plans, we tried for a peaceful solution, because combat run by you would mean this will take until july. Of course you decided that this was not an option and went along anyway.
"Peaceful solution" =/= "Sit around and let the demon finish his plans unsupervised".
Not to mention that you ignored the plot for a while. And ignored my hints that letting Seham go off alone was a bad idea.
And that I need to pull teeth just to get people to do anything. You can hardly complain that I'm tying up your characters when your characters aren't even trying to advance the plot!

((My internet was gone all day, anything important happen?
Does anything important ever happen?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: April 06, 2014, 10:08:04 am »

There shouldn't have been a plot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: April 06, 2014, 10:13:22 am »

Again, it wasn't supposed to be a plot. It was supposed to be y'all picking up a few clues, confronting Seham, and getting people back.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: April 06, 2014, 10:14:11 am »

This thing that wasn't supposed to be a plot is taking ages to get done with

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: April 06, 2014, 10:15:52 am »

I didn't ignore them, I just didn't care enough, nor do I think Lucifer would have cared. And yes, you are ignoring peaceful solutions. Sens plan wasn't too bad, yet even after "killing" one of her dudes and presenting video proof the demon is ignoring any and all cooperation.

also, my characters are not advancing the plot?

it was ICARUS who started the search for Will, without her, nobody would have looked for him
it was ICARUS who got Lucifer involved, who technicaly *ended* the plot. Will is back, and he doesn't care about Nuriel. Yet he took steps that will soon enough end the plot on their own.
It was ICARUS again who lead the group towards Seham, despite not having much interest anymore, and who is actively supporting Sen in her effort to do stuff.

so yes, I can complain. And if this is how you treat your players, then I will certainly not make the mistake of playing in your plots again. Have you *ever* GMd a game before? People being interested into doing stuff is the GMs one and only job. Everything beyond that is just improvisation. This is why I stand in contact with many players via PM, to get them interested and involved before stuff even starts. Planning plots is best done in dialogue.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:19:16 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10795 on: April 06, 2014, 10:32:29 am »

This thing that wasn't supposed to be a plot is taking ages to get done with
Precisely.

And yes, you are ignoring peaceful solutions. Sens plan wasn't too bad, yet even after "killing" one of her dudes and presenting video proof the demon is ignoring any and all cooperation.
Video proof from a highly questionable source. Proof that wouldn't have been needed if Sen hadn't claimed that Seham's servants had betrayed him for no apparent reason.
Hell, Sen could have told the truth ("one of my former allies froze them, I haven't been able to undo it") would have worked great!

so yes, I can complain. And if this is how you treat your players, then I will certainly not make the mistake of playing in your plots again. Have you *ever* GMd a game before? People being interested into doing stuff is the GMs one and only job. Everything beyond that is just improvisation. This is why I stand in contact with many players via PM, to get them interested and involved before stuff even starts. Planning plots is best done in dialogue.
I have GMed a game, many, in person and on forums. It's just that I have never had the problem of players screwing up their plans so badly that the plot got out of control; I'm used to people doing the opposite.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10796 on: April 06, 2014, 11:17:09 am »

yes, obviously this is all our fault, that nobody is really interested at all in Nuriel and Seham and stuff.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: April 06, 2014, 11:34:03 am »

There's a difference between "not interested" and "interested but incompetent".

The former means you don't do anything.
The latter means you do something but screw it up royally.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10798 on: April 06, 2014, 11:35:36 am »

well excuse me for ruining your plot, I'd better stop touching it, soiling it with my dirty hands

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: April 06, 2014, 11:38:35 am »

Stop being a jerk and admit that this isn't all my fault.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 1030