Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many people are still participating?

Players
Readers
Lurkers
Trolls

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: ☼Choose your own adventure☼ Human Trade center  (Read 13962 times)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Choose your own adventure☼ Human Trade center
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2014, 01:11:39 pm »

Journal of Innu

For all the first half of the year was hectic and saw many strange sights and beasts, the last half was quiet. Very little noteworthy happened but it was instead quite productive.

Work on the palace has begun by sealing off the oceanfront from the city. Access is still quite possible, of course, through the ocean. Our fishermen/women would have little to do otherwise. The ismuth where the river meets the ocean is still present of course, and will remain unobstructed. The estuary region likewise, but no access to the rocky beach is now available from inside the city, except the fishing grounds. Those that wish to play in the waves will have to leave by the front gate. This was done mostly for security reasons. Ever since that sea dragon came I have had concerns that leaving the fortress open to the ocean was an invitation for problems.

Over the estuary we are now building a palace of sorts. Of course, right now we are still only working only on the basic structure and foundations. Some special rooms were built ground level, including offices in case other nobles decide to show up. Their rooms may be well furnished but they will have the constant pounding surf and smell of the fishery to deal with. The palace itself will be above and over the ocean proper. Shadow is working on some clear glass blocks for sections of the outer balcony and the building is largely complete. Walls of granite, floors of marble and limestone. I haven't decided what to make the roof out of yet, but will likely choose olivine or some other such pretty stone now that we have found sources of it in the mines.

Our heroes have proven themselves capable this year, and our metropolis is secure. We have ample food, drink and gold reserves and the people want for little. Except work. There is little that truly requires to be done, that a dozen others are not already doing.

San's excavation continues and Imeka has shown me several bins of rubies and rocksalt that have been found. I have authorized the creation of ruby furniture akin to that which we have found, and of similar style.

Our smelters continue to churn out copper and other metals, I heard that several veins of sphalerite were found, whatever that is. Some metal grade ore. The mining pit continues to deepen and it is no longer possible to see the bottom from the upper edge. The deeper we dig and excavate the more I am concerned with my wife's archaeological fondness. I fear what may be found. More weapons and such have been found in the excavations. A javelin thrower of some sort, with attendant javelins of various types. Blunt headed, smooth and rounded with a sharp point and bladed as well. I can only imagine that the previous dwellers of this place were rather warlike. Probably far more so than our city, and yet, there appear to be no signs of their city on the surface. I am uneasy.

Two more artifacts were made this year. One a smooth wooden tribal staff of some sort. I am ... unsure ... what it may be used for but Mephistopheles seemed interested to see it. And one of our masons made a splendid armor stand, with historical engravings and reliefs. The king would be proud to see such craftsmanship.

((New poll up.))
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2014, 12:35:48 pm »

whoops i seem to have forgotten a bit.

Drink that potion of giants strength. Then go outside and slay some innocent wildlife
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2014, 12:53:10 pm »

-Cancelled due to lack of interest-

I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]