Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 486913 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1860 on: March 16, 2017, 03:35:50 am »

I have to say, I'm still pretty cut about them moving on from the old world without doing skavenblight.

It's the only remaining 'dead zone' on the map, and frankly just knowing it's there is a constant itch I can't scratch.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 16, 2017, 03:42:55 am »

Legendary Heroes would be a good addition overall. It would be nice to see Gotrek and Felix, for example. (Would they be heroes for Empire? Not sure.) Maybe Gotrek as the hero and Felix as his follower.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 16, 2017, 06:58:02 am »

Duel characters like that could be done as they did Skarsnik and Gobbla. Though I will say the animation for those two fighting and moving about is a little janky looking as they turn on a central point between them.

Gotrek and Felix I could see as heroes for the Empire and the Dwarves. Possibly also Bretonnia.

@Thexor: There is a lot of characters for the Vampire Counts but, well, one of their strengths in the tabletop was their characters/lords/heroes. Adding more but into seperate factions would help spread them about a bit what with Zacharias The Everliving and Queen Neferata. Though I don't know enough about the characters to really say where they could start from.

@Tack: I feel that if they add Skaven to the second game, if you own the first one you'll be able to play as the Skaven out of Skavenblight, possibly with other settlements like Hellpit near Praag. I checked the swamp area every update thinknig they might've added a little something but there's only the little ruins.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 16, 2017, 07:00:46 am »

I wonder how sieges work with Skaven. After all, they wouldn't just siege normally from the outside, but assault from within, ignoring walls. Fat chance this being in the game though.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 16, 2017, 07:59:58 am »

Skaven start with SUPER-VANGUARD DEPLOYMENT

Yeah unlikely. But there was sappers in Rome 1 so I wouldn't second-guess their ambition just yet
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 16, 2017, 08:26:38 am »

Duel characters like that could be done as they did Skarsnik and Gobbla. Though I will say the animation for those two fighting and moving about is a little janky looking as they turn on a central point between them.
It makes a bit of sense for Skarsnik and Gobbla because they are chained to each other (even if it doesn't show in the model), but it would look awkward for others.

@Thexor: There is a lot of characters for the Vampire Counts but, well, one of their strengths in the tabletop was their characters/lords/heroes. Adding more but into seperate factions would help spread them about a bit what with Zacharias The Everliving and Queen Neferata. Though I don't know enough about the characters to really say where they could start from.
Neferata would start somewhere in the northern world's edge mountains (the ones where the dwarfs and greenskins are at). No idea where Zach would be.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 16, 2017, 01:04:18 pm »

I'm going a little farther out on a limb and hoping for Krell. Kemmler needs a little something to give him a boost - he's absolutely _dreadful_ as a legendary lord, heck he's pretty bad compared to the _generic_ VC lords, and he's quietly weeping in a corner now that Gelt got a notable boost in the last patch (general buffs to Lore of Metal plus Gelt gives a faction-wide +10 armour bonus now). Having Krell in the pipe would explain why Kemmler hasn't gotten any buffs, and there's now precedence with the Green Knight to have Legendary Heroes available.

On the flip side, people would understandably complain if the VC got yet another unique character when the Empire is sitting at 3 legendary lords and 1 start position, so... maybe it'll be Boris after all.
I don't actually understand why people keep saying Kemmler is worthless.

I get that it's a meme and people feel he's neutered without Krell, but honestly he's pretty frigging strong. Besides, you can just rename any random hero "Krell" and be done with it. That's what I did.

Campaign-wise:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Playing with Kemmler is really no different than playing with Sigvald. They're both individually not that powerful, but they're more about buffing their armies than themselves.. And their start is so much easier than everyone else's due to way better units. Though unlike Sigvald, Kemmler sounds like some kind of cheesy evil minion rather than a cool badass.

Skirmish-wise:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-------------

By the way, there's a "leak" of Warhammer 2 on 4chan and Reddit but Grace_CA is disputing it somewhat. Sounds suspect anyway since I highly doubt CA would make frigging Estalia a pre-order DLC bonus. Who the fuck cares about Estalia. Also the leak leaves no room for DLC, which is what makes me doubt it the most.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 16, 2017, 01:51:03 pm »

I think sigvald ends up having some of the best combat-monster stats in the game though.
Maybe Vlad is better now but I recall Sigvald being way up on top at the start.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 16, 2017, 02:52:09 pm »

I think sigvald ends up having some of the best combat-monster stats in the game though.
Yeah, Sigvald is really good 1v1. Also his gear turns him into an absolute monster with the passive regen.

He has really, really poor AOE damage though so it takes him awhile to clear through units, unlike the other Chaos lords. But because he's a regular model and no mount, he lives longer than them.

Kemmler is just about the neverending regen, though he does have that +75% physical resistance on the cloak or something like that. He also does have all the lore of vampires spells at his disposal anyway such as wind of death.

It got nerfed super hard though, due to there now being a regen cap on units.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 16, 2017, 03:31:07 pm »

Yeah, Sigvald is really good 1v1. Also his gear turns him into an absolute monster with the passive regen.

He has really, really poor AOE damage though so it takes him awhile to clear through units, unlike the other Chaos lords. But because he's a regular model and no mount, he lives longer than them.

Kemmler is just about the neverending regen, though he does have that +75% physical resistance on the cloak or something like that. He also does have all the lore of vampires spells at his disposal anyway such as wind of death.

It got nerfed super hard though, due to there now being a regen cap on units.
Sigvald also has good leadership, which helps a lot with keeping trolls in the fight.

On your recommendation, I took Kemmler for a spin. Turns out that putting him in the middle of a zombie unit is pretty great for keeping him alive, especially when he is low level. Just keep in mind that he'll be slowed down by his zombie bunker.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 16, 2017, 07:51:59 pm »

I get that it's a meme and people feel he's neutered without Krell, but honestly he's pretty frigging strong. Besides, you can just rename any random hero "Krell" and be done with it. That's what I did.

The only issue is that Kemmler (Not sure if it's been fixed) started with lower stats then your basic necromancer and took several levelups just to become par, which is strangely weak.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 16, 2017, 09:13:40 pm »

I believe peoples issues with Kemmlar was because he didn't add much that was different from a Master Necromancer or a hero Necromancer. The healing over time wasn't considered as useful as it was when the heal-cap was implemented and spell wise most of the benefits of being a master involve shorter cool downs on spells (which may be somewhat useful but I never put a second point into spells on the skill tree). On his skill trees, I don't think he's got any unique skills other than the three quest items.

His two unique bonuses as a lord are -25% to raise dead and -15% upkeep for Necromancers. Useful but when compared to things like Vlads army-wide vanguard or Ghorst giving his army poison attacks it's not really as impressive.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 17, 2017, 02:07:55 am »

I found Vlad's vanguard ability to be extremely good, since the deaaaad lack ranged weapons and so forth. It makes the melee start all the sooner, which is usually to the zed hordes advantage. In that sense, I think it is the best LL ability in the game.

I finally gave a spin to Chaos. Is there any point in kicking around the Norscans but exp and loot? It seems that the awakened tribes just start fighting each other, forcing you to choose between them... which is pretty stupid. They should become vassals and vassals should be unable to fight each other. Any mods fixing this? I'm not surprised that a Total War sucks regarding diplomacy and such, tho. It is weird how no matter how many iterations of the game we have, CA is totally unable to make it even work in a basic way.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 17, 2017, 02:14:07 am »

I finally gave a spin to Chaos. Is there any point in kicking around the Norscans but exp and loot? It seems that the awakened tribes just start fighting each other, forcing you to choose between them... which is pretty stupid. They should become vassals and vassals should be unable to fight each other. Any mods fixing this? I'm not surprised that a Total War sucks regarding diplomacy and such, tho. It is weird how no matter how many iterations of the game we have, CA is totally unable to make it even work in a basic way.
The Chaos early campaign sucks super ultra dick. I usually just autoresolve most of it.

What you want to do is make enough for a sizable army of warriors or Chosen, and then go roflstomp through Kislev and the Empire. It's way, way way more fun. Fighting the goddamn horse skirmishers of Norsca is ultra boring.

I never really bother awakening tribes either. It's a waste of time.

If there's any mods I'd recommend for Chaos campaign, I'd get the one that removes horde infighting. It's just stupid. Also get the one that gives Chaos rifts a passive Chaos corruption spread.

As for the campaign itself, I recommend you completely skip the marauder line of garbage and go straight for Warriors. Hell, just straight up delete your marauder building so you get more growth and money.

This is one of the reasons why I said Sigvald and Kemmler are way more powerful than their stats would suggest. Because their starting units are so much better. Sigvald starts with two Chosen and a Hellcannon. Heck, you don't even need to wait for sieges with him as you can attack straight away. And every single battle involves the enemy coming to you instead of you having to go to them (super important versus Norsca). Chosen roflstomp everything. Sigvald himself can just waltz into combat and just cleanse the filth no problem.

With the other two you kinda need to farm for better units and the hellcannon.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 17, 2017, 02:42:03 am »

Yeah, I actually started with Sigvald and destroyed the marauder building, instead getting forsaken and a sorcerer first. Forsaken don't seem too good, but better than marauders. Now I got chosen, which is nice. Still kept marauder horsemen since I don't have other cavalry, tho. I think I'll get the quest items and then go south.

I guess I'm strange at Total War, but I actually like having allies fighting with me. It feels like I'm not the only one doing everything. In that sense, Chaos gameplay with assembled tribes and only running a couple of stacks myself seems interesting on paper. I suppose I've been spoiled by Paradox ally system though, when with CA this intention just frustrates me.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 277