Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Mind & Magic Mafia! Sixth Day!  (Read 35983 times)

bob_smith

Re: Mind & Magic Mafia! Third Day!
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2009, 11:20:16 pm »

I'll try to make this as clear as possible, as my last post was messy...
Facts - Either way, All of these are true:
  • LCH or Criminal Mastermind must have killed Inaluct.
  • Alexhans is either insane through looking at Cheetar, the LCH, or I am the LCH.
  • Webadict is the Criminal Mastermind, found on the first day.

Death Results
If Alexhans is insane through looking at Cheetar either:
  • Cheetar killed the White Mage, Inaluct.
  • Webadict killed the White Mage, Inaluct.

If I am the LCH, then I killed the Necromancer, Inaluct.

Question: Does the Master Detective say a random name if the Criminal Mastermind killed the victim?
If the answer to this question is no, then only Cheetar or I could have killed Inaluct.

Edit: If killing still continues after Webadict and I are dead, kill Cheetar. I know he's the LCH.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:22:20 pm by bob_smith »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2009, 11:24:19 pm »

Question: Does the Master Detective say a random name if the Criminal Mastermind killed the victim?

Any person killed by the CM is done in such a way as to leave NO evidence whatsoever. The AMD, if wanting to investigate this person, instead of telling everyone, would admit defeat and his action is made defunct.

In other words, no.

bob_smith

« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2009, 11:32:10 pm »

'Nother Question, my calculations must be off. If Alexhans was insane, then he would see both the killer, and the victim's profession opposite, correct?

Edit: Also, what are the opposites of Cop Enabler, Amnesiamancer, and Alarmomancer?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:35:00 pm by bob_smith »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2009, 11:36:25 pm »

'Nother Question, my calculations must be off. If Alexhans was insane, then he would see both the killer, and the victim's profession opposite, correct?

Well, it's hard to determine "opposite" because not everyone has a clear opposite, I should change the wording to "inaccurate" or "false", because it better describes what you're saying.

bob_smith

« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2009, 11:51:19 pm »

Question: If Alexhans was insane, would he see both the killer's name and victim's profession inaccurately?
If not, which one would be false?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2009, 11:57:06 pm »

Question: If Alexhans was insane, would he see both the killer's name and victim's profession inaccurately?
If not, which one would be false?

In the case of insanity, as you've described, yes, the AMD is given entirely incorrect information, on whole.

The only time this isn't the case would be if he were looking at the LCH, where he is always given the "townie" result, regardless of sanity.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2009, 11:59:12 pm »

Are you running another round after this? I'm in if so.

bob_smith

« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2009, 12:17:47 am »

Could the Cop Enabler, Amnesiamancer, or Alarmomancer be seen by an insane AMD as a Necromancer?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2009, 12:26:31 am »

Could the Cop Enabler, Amnesiamancer, or Alarmomancer be seen by an insane AMD as a Necromancer?

Generally, an insane AMD could see anyone as any other member of any faction, except the correct one.

There is a very weird loophole in the rules though pertaining to this, and you get a cookie if you can spot it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2009, 12:40:41 am »

Generally, an insane AMD could see anyone as any other member of any faction, except the correct one.

There is a very weird loophole in the rules though pertaining to this, and you get a cookie if you can spot it.
Is it that there's a chance the person he scans could either give a result he's gotten before or show up as the Lovecraftian Horror?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2009, 12:43:15 am »

Is it that there's a chance the person he scans could either give a result he's gotten before or show up as the Lovecraftian Horror?

He could never deduce that someone's the LCH, because it contradicts the rules given, but yes, he could get a result he's gotten before.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2009, 12:45:46 am »

Well, you were saying there's a weird loophole, and you said that he could see the target as ANY member of ANY faction, meaning that the inherently impossible result of seeing someone as a Lovecraftian Horror SHOULD be possible.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2009, 12:52:23 am »

Don't take my absent-mindedness at face value.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2009, 12:55:08 am »

He could never deduce that someone's the LCH, because it contradicts the rules given, but yes, he could get a result he's gotten before.
Well, you were saying there's a weird loophole, and you said that he could see the target as ANY member of ANY faction, meaning that the inherently impossible result of seeing someone as a Lovecraftian Horror SHOULD be possible.
Don't take my absent-mindedness at face value.
THIS IS CONFUSINGS ME. ARGHBLBLBL.

Wait, so guys, fill me in... how do we know the White Mage is dead and webadict is the Criminal Mastermind again?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

bob_smith

« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2009, 01:07:19 am »

Alexhans is the AMD, it was revealed earlier. He said he found Webadict was the Criminal Mastermind, implying it was on the first day. Alexhans then searched Cheetar, coming up with townie.

If Cheetar made Alexhans go insane by being the Lovecraftian Horror, the victim could be anyone except a person with a mafia role.
Otherwise, I killed Inaluct, who would be the Necromancer, making me the LCH.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22