Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 40174 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (sub found)
« Reply #360 on: April 11, 2017, 02:36:16 am »

I found horror marks to be absolutly useless (sadly, as I love the concept and idea) on a realistic timeframe - i.e. a earth serpent with 4 horror marks could properly surive at least 50 turns with 0 bodyguards and 0 equipment without dieing. Maybe without more then 1 attack, at least all my testing found it to be silly (i.e. 30 mages all casting horror marks x5, then retreating and the guy doesn't even get attacked until 3 turns later) ...

Anyway, yeah you are right, this was a phyricc victory at best - then again, my prioritys have moved very far away from "victory" at this point, as I'm raiding my own lands to support upkeep and ruin what you guys will take. I'm now more of a thematic area of the map that spews out skull talismans for 1 gem a piece with no commanders to put it on ; ) - I'm also kinda proud of every province that gives less then 10 gold income, those are hard to create without spending gems.

PS: Silent bet, whoever sends me the most gold next turn gets all my dwarven hammers and items when I fall (at least 5 hammers)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:15:22 am by ThtblovesDF »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 11, 2017, 09:23:25 pm »

Ah, darn - the turn ended before I got around to changing it - would anyone have beaten the 1g that I was planning to send?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 12, 2017, 02:36:01 am »

The winner is Empty with 10 Gold (as Tzicapa) - he will gain several items, including many from luck events, since I am rocking that luck 3 for quite a while now.

It seems strange, but the gods must have been reading the Thread since I got nearly 2 000 Gold from a event this turn, too....

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 13, 2017, 03:34:40 pm »

I've sent a message to:
E. Albright
RexMundi
kingkev
USEC_OFFICER
DFNewb

Hope none stale.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #364 on: April 13, 2017, 03:35:54 pm »

Ty,I'll be posting mine soon ish and I'll jab kev

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 13, 2017, 10:41:14 pm »

On the list of "huh, that's a little annoying" - I just realized that my mages can turn into bears... but won't, because they've actually got more HP in their regular caster form, and bears can't cast spells very well, so there's no reason to start them off in the alternate form.

As a possible NationGen suggestion - maybe alternate forms should always have more HP than the caster base?

Also - the first god bites the dust, and it totally wasn't one of the ones I was expecting.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:48:06 pm by AlStar »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 13, 2017, 11:13:43 pm »

We've tried to quash HP issues in the past, but haven't done so entirely since we (mostly) used data-based means rather than code-based ones. The big pain is we don't necessarily know what the normal body is going to be, so unless we impose something very rigid like "if shape2HP < shape1HP, set newShape1HP = .4 * (shape1HP + shape2HP) and newShape2HP = .6 * (shape1HP + shape2HP). Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to do, honestly.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 14, 2017, 07:50:39 am »

Also - the first god bites the dust, and it totally wasn't one of the ones I was expecting.
It happens, I went with magic paths I was not quite sure how to exploit well and landed in a really early two front war. Does mark the first time I flub a game hard enough that I can't make it to the point where everyone loses or we just give up. Also if you weren't expecting it, then either someone else is doing bad or your spy network is not up to snuff.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2017, 08:35:21 am »

Also if you weren't expecting it, then either someone else is doing bad or your spy network is not up to snuff.
Bit of both, really. I've been very focused on the underground.

Also, I'd forgotten that bakemono chiefs have stealth, and could be serving me as scouts all this time.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:37:23 am by AlStar »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2017, 08:39:19 am »

Well, hopefully you have the best of luck in your conflicts current and upcoming. I'll likely work on round 25 until that's over then take a break from Dominions for a while I think.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #370 on: April 15, 2017, 01:27:35 pm »

Hey guys? I get home from work around 630ish my time, and it's hosting around 530ish. Can I talk people out of the smallest 1 hour or more block of extending?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 16, 2017, 09:21:11 am »

Well, you got not one but two 6h extensions when I was AFK, but it's still 4h to host with Thespinth unsubmitted...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:35:13 pm by E. Albright »

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #372 on: April 16, 2017, 12:03:20 pm »

Turns out 5:30 means much later than I thought. We were very busy and they wanted me late. Just woke, submitting right now. Sorry to everyone for hogging the sweet double turns this game x.x

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 16, 2017, 07:38:03 pm »

What appears to be a bug - my general can equip a bow, yet still has his poisoned obsidian blade.
He does correctly drop his Hoplon shield.

Edit: Another thing - shouldn't my nation have a "Frozen Exemplar" and/or "Water Champion" Commander? It seems like most NationGen nations get a commander version of their sacreds - although I don't know if that's an all-the-time thing or just a possibility.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 07:44:05 pm by AlStar »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 16, 2017, 07:57:43 pm »

Possibility, but not guaranteed. If you have two, you won't ever have commanders for both IIRC.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36