Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 17515 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 19
« Reply #435 on: November 02, 2022, 02:44:53 am »

I guess that's my vote. Quietly order Diode to stand between Gray and the dweller there.

You quietly gesture to Diode and Jameson, directing them into a tight formation that is hopefully capable of hiding Gray once they round the corner.

Not wanting to look over your shoulder and potentially give up the game via bodylanguage, you lock eyes with the strange dweller. A few seconds pass in tense silence, before you conclude that things must have worked out; If Gray's cover was blown, you would have been attacked by now.

The dweller decides to break the silence.

"The silent type, eh? I like it, dude. But seriously, surely I can do ya for something. Name's Chihuahua Joe, master of all drugs: recreational and medical, man. I'm also something of a collector and fence; If you are looking to sell stolen goods, or don't mind buying them, I'm your guy. Just don't come crying to me if those partisan assholes come after you for using the shit I took off em."

He snaps his fingers and his pet Mantis approaches you with what appears to be a restraunt menu. It offers the item to you, which upon closer inspection is a list of the goods and services Chihuahua Joe offers.

Chihuahua Joe's Drug Den and Thiefstravaganza:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You quickly put together that the listed 'special' must be Gray's belongings, and despite the note suggesting the Joe does not carry his goods on his person you spot items matching the printed description in the nearby pile of loot.

How do you Proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Playground AI, and Midjourney. Character Sheet. Minimap.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 20
« Reply #436 on: November 02, 2022, 04:33:50 am »

Given the last fight it might be a better idea just to buy Grey's stuff back.

And what about buying the warlock kit as well?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 02, 2022, 04:41:03 am »

I'm for just buying Gray's stuff back, but I think that the Rasputin Society would get pissed off if they found out we bought more stolen goods from this guy, so I don't support buying the warlock kit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 04:45:00 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 02, 2022, 05:20:50 am »

but I think that the Rasputin Society would get pissed off if they found out we bought more stolen goods from this guy
I'd figured they'd be glad we got their stuff back that's why I suggested it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 02, 2022, 05:23:43 am »

If we were planning on not using the kit and instead returning it to the Rasputin Society, I would support that.  I assumed you meant to use the kit rather than return it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 02, 2022, 11:23:36 am »

+1

And ask him what's up with the factions anyway. Why bother, why do they hate each other, and why do the unaffiliated hate all of them?

but I think that the Rasputin Society would get pissed off if they found out we bought more stolen goods from this guy
I'd figured they'd be glad we got their stuff back that's why I suggested it.
If we were planning on not using the kit and instead returning it to the Rasputin Society, I would support that.  I assumed you meant to use the kit rather than return it.
I feel like they'd disapprove but not severely. We're one of them and doing so to equip one of them, after all.*

*By which I assume we're going to give the jewelry to Gray. If not... well, we're one of them too, right?

If we did want to recover gear for points I feel like going ham on the whole dungeon would be the correct move, though. I don't really want to grind rep going full action movie hero on an entire stoner bug dungeon.

(This is assuming Gray doesn't blow our cover once he realizes this is the bastard who kidnapped and sold him. Having thinking companions is turning out to be a very different experience than having mindless servants.)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 02, 2022, 01:10:53 pm »

+1

And ask him what's up with the factions anyway. Why bother, why do they hate each other, and why do the unaffiliated hate all of them?
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 02, 2022, 02:03:14 pm »

+1

You produce 7 Dubloons.

I think I'll take some Rasputin Society stuff. Both the warlock kit and your ultra hot runner special.

"A most excellent choice, my dude. The society are turds like the rest of them, but they know their magical gear. I have the special on me right now, in that pile, and I can get the warlock stuff shipped. You're Level Up Club, right? I can, like, send it to your homeroom my man."

Joe snaps his fingers. The Mantis collects the money from you, and heads over to the loot pile where it begins to gather up Gray's belongings.

-7 Dubloons

You decide to make some small talk in the meantime.

So what is with these factions anyway? What's with all the hate towards and between them?

"Honestly, dude, it makes sense that they exist. Us dwellers are popular targets for those who would, like, exploit our 'immortality' to subject us to fates worse than death n' stuff. Grouping up is, like, smart. But the hate, I never got that. I suspect Mr. Levy and the Heartkeepers might be stiring the pot on purpose. To make sure you human folk can't, like, become friends with all the dwellers and just waltz through every dungeon in the school unchallenged. As for why everyone else hates the factions; Well, unless you can hide in a dungeon with a protector like this one, the factions will rob or forcibly recruit you at the first opprotunity they get. Each group figures the others will exploit us first if they don't, so if someone like me sees someone in a faction, we got no choice but assume they mean trouble... Its all kinds of fucked up, dude."

The Mantis returns, having deposited your gold in the pile. It silently hands over Gray's stuff.

+Boots of the Runner
+Magicaim Crossbow
+Outdated Smartphone

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet. Minimap.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 21
« Reply #443 on: November 02, 2022, 02:07:25 pm »

Now we just gotta get outta here. Trouble is, do we know how to do that?
I know we were told how to get in, per Frostseeker. But I'm not sure we were ever told how to get out.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 02, 2022, 04:11:11 pm »

...huh, good point. Guess we gotta just keep exploring.

Ask Chihuahua Joe where he got the bugs from, and if there's a way for us to add a bug minion to our own retinue. If there's not a lot to do with the answer, bid him farewell and head back to the horned lady. Use Theology of Milton on her.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 02, 2022, 04:44:32 pm »

Ask Chihuahua Joe where he got the bugs from, and if there's a way for us to add a bug minion to our own retinue. If there's not a lot to do with the answer, bid him farewell and head back to the horned lady. Use Theology of Milton on her.
+1
Also ask for clarification on "protector" if we have the time: is Joe referring to himself, or to something else?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 03, 2022, 01:01:38 am »

...huh, good point. Guess we gotta just keep exploring.

Also ask for clarification on "protector" if we have the time: is Joe referring to himself, or to something else?[/b]

So where does one go about getting pet bugs like that?

"Huh... That is, like, actually a really good question, dude. Dark Lord Hercules usually just gives them out to the Dwellers who live down here, free of charge. I'm not sure if that offer applies to humans, man. You could talk to one of, like, the Lord's emmisaries. You can't miss them. Scary winged undead things with insect parts. Usually pretty chill folk when they are not protecting us from the tyranny of the factions.

You could also check out the community kitchen. I think somebody graffitied the recipe for bug pheromones on the wall there. Could be helpful Just go, like, back the way you came man. It should be the Easternmost entrance from the big central chamber."

Dark Lord Hercules?

"Yeah, dude. He's the protector of this dungeon. Powerful necromancer... probably undead himself. Not sure exactly. He lives on a lower floor of this dungeon and none of us dwellers have ever seen him. Has a thing for working with bugs though. Cool guy. Gives us free pets and is scary enough to keep the factions from trying to take this place over and run us out."

You nod.

Well, it was a pleasure doing business with you.

"Same. Keep it righteous dude, I'll have the rest of your shit sent to your Homeroom."

---

You turn back into the corridor, and head back to the large room with many exits. You give the fiendish looking woman in the distance a good long looking over, before concluding that she is indeed a Succubus. Information about her person and abilities floods into your head.

As you ponder the situation, you are interrupted by Gray.

"So... didja get my stuff back from that asshole?"

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, and Playground AI. Character Sheet. Minimap.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 22
« Reply #447 on: November 03, 2022, 01:23:14 am »

Oh dear. Probably don't want to mess with the succubus, lest we anger the groom.

...that said, literally none of our party are valid targets. We're immune, none of our minions are properly equipped. We could probably waltz up to her and strike up a conversation without incident.

...at which point she might try to harvest or recruit us for something.

Yes, it cost us 2 Dubloons. Here you go.

We also bought a set of Rasputin warlock jewelry. Is now a good time to discuss loot distribution?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 03, 2022, 01:43:27 am »

We also bought a set of Rasputin warlock jewelry. Is now a good time to discuss loot distribution?

+1

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2022, 12:46:41 pm »

Quote from: King Zultan
Quote from: IronyOwl

+1
+1
Hm, so the winged bug-zombie-things are emissaries of the necromancer guy who apparently rules this place? No wonder they hit so hard.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31