Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 40949 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Cyfraith first equips her ring, figuring that merely having it in her possession probably won't do her much good if it's meant for mortals.

Then, she steps to meet these strange creatures--before accidentally stepping in a pool of congealed Oak blood.

Blood... I get it, these are scavengers...

Cyfraith loops a knife around a nearby branch and pulls herself into the tree to hide.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sorry but I'll have to leave them to you for a bit! Please buy me some time!"

Get behind the guy to try and not get in his way. Also, put some distance between me and the enemies. Be wary though of possible ranged magic. Now, use my remaining reagant to partially patch up my wound then use electric enchantment on one of my katanas.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:43:25 am by Crimson »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

Canst thou repair mine sword, sharpen it, and embed a Carnelian cabochon in it?

To make sure the smith understands, Antaeus points at the carnelian gem.

Give the smith 650 gold to perform the above services. Ponder Nez'gol's cryptic message.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Put on the Green Mask, attack the Gazer again.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 27) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2017, 05:10:27 pm »

Roll 27
----

Mercenary 1

You equip your green mask before attempting to stab the gazer again...

(Nix: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 = 10 vs 7 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 Parry Blue Gazer)
(Armor protection: 3 - 2 = 1)
(Nix: 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 = 12 vs 7 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 Parry Blue Gazer)
(Armor protection: 5 - 2 = 3)

You manage to land both of your hits, wounding the demon pretty badly. It stumbles backwards before faaling down into a puddle of it's own blood.

Victory! +15 exp. Nix levels up!

"That went pretty well. Frankly, I expected that Gazer to deal more damage." Daxon observed as he walked up to the demon's corpse and took a small bag of gold from it's... stomach? "Lesser demons enjoy eating gold for some reason. That's probably why this one was lurking around here." the man explain before handing you half of the gold and taking the rest. Anyway, with the Gazer out of the way, you could go down the stairs now.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You threaten the Queen before releasing the energy of your ghastly armor, returning to your magical form, and then launch two umbra bolts towards her.

(Nayrous: 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 6 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Dodge Millipuf Queen)
(Nayrous: 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 6 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Dodge Millipuf Queen)

Unfortunately, she dodges both of your shots. Rhunon follows up with two of his arrows...

(Rhunon: 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Dodge Millipuf Queen)
(Rhunon: 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 5 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Dodge Millipuf Queen)
(Armor protection: 5 - 3 + 1 - 1 = 2 damage)

His second arrow pierces her carapace and lodges itself into her abdomen, inflicting a medium-sized wound. The queen releases a weird noise with it's antenae before charging towards Rhunon...

(Millipuf queen: 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 7 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 5 Dodge Rhunon)

But once again Rhunon dodges her attack. The Millipuf Queen then starts backing away and heads for the hole you first her in. In the meantime, you hear a faint buzz sound coming from two of the holes next to the queen's.
"Alright, we have to finish her off before the entire nest gets here and kill both of us." the elf said while drawing another arrow. You also start feeling the acid on you corrode your bones further...

---
Enemies:

Millipuf Queen

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

The blacksmith takes a few moments to understand your words before nodding and taking the payment and your Zweihander outside along with the carnelian gem. In the meantime, you decide to ponder on Nez'gol's reply. Perhaps he meant that you'll probably meet him again guarding the western entrance of Metrolia along with that other lizardman. What was his name again... Sar'nir? Anyway, it could mean a lot of things... You continue thinking about the possibilities for about half an hour until the blacksmith came back into the shop and handed over Zweihander back to you. You inspect your sword and see that it's blade was repaired and sharper than ever and there was now a carnelian gemstone embedded into the hilt.
"Here your sword, make sure not to break again." he says, giving back your weapon. There are only a few things that you can buy now with your remaining gold.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

You gulp down a healing potion, feeling a bit of relieving cool as your wounds start closing quickly. (+2 health, -1 pain)
You then proceed to swing your blades towards one of the lizards...

(Geralt: 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 = 10 vs 6 = 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 Dodge Basilisk #3)
(Armor protection: 4 - 1 = 3)

You manage to cut a deep wound across it's back. It writhes in agony for a few seconds before going still. The last one hisses menacingly and attacks you again.

(Basilisk #1: 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 4 vs 2 = 2 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 Parry Geralt)

It lands yet another bite, this time on the left part of your waist. In the meatime, Vanina throws yet another fireball at the basilisk.

(Vanina: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5 vs 7 = 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 Dodge Basilisk #3)

"Alright, that does it." she says, her irritation at it's peak. She begins chanting a few words before launching a blast of a bright orange light towards the basilisk.

(Vanina: 5 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 11 vs 6 = 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Basilisk #3)
(Armor protection: 5 - 1 = 4)

The animal is utterly incinerated by the intense light, leaving nothing but a pile of ashes.

Victory! +12 exp

"Are you okay?" the girl asks with concern in her voice while walking next to you, holding a potion filled with dark blue liquid. She inspects your wounds. "Here, this should make you feel good as new." she explains, handing the bottle over to you.
--
Enemies:

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"I can't believe this is happening..." the man mutters in reply as you try to place some distance between the enemies, and the only way to do that right now is to go back on the bridge. As you back away, the wizard prepares to cast another spell towards you, but the man says one quick word and a small concentration of shadows erupts from his wand towards the elf.

(Man: 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 10 vs 6 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 Dodge Elf mage)
(Ward protection: 4 - 2 + 1 = 3 damage)

The projectile pierces through an imaterial shield and hits him square in the chest. The elf is thrown on the ground, but he slowly gets up, spitting blood. The wand-wielding man throws another bolt in another to finish his opponent, but one of the orcs jumps in to intercept it.

(Man: 3 + 2 + 2 = 7 vs 5 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Intercept Red Orc #2)
(Armor protection: 2 - 2 + 1 = 1 damage)

His bolt pierces through the orc's armor and inflicts a minor wound. He then slashes towards him in retaliation...

(Red Orc #2: 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 9 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 Parry Man)
(Armor protection: 2 - 1 = 1)

The red orc's swords make a shallow cut on the man's shoulder. The other one also moves in to attack, but your ally was already running back towards you. During all of this you used the rest of the reagant on your wound, closing it a little and warding off the pain for some time. You also see Carola finally running through the ring of flames and coming towards you.
"It looks like our only escape was cut off by that mage's spell. We need a plan to deal with these bandits, otherwise they might kill us." the swordswoman said as she healed the burns she got from going through the flames. Some of them still remained when she was done, though.
"I hope it doesn't involve me being on the front line again." the man replied as he finally got next to you. You see that the two red orcs were straight towards the three of you.

---
Enemies:

Elf mage

Red Orc

Red Orc
---
Allies:

Man
---

Crimson

Empire 2

As you equip the the ring given to you by Amarethon you feel power course into your soul along with a feeling of a massive raw energy locked away in the ring itself. Nevertheless, you decide to meet the two creatures but you accidentally step on some of the blood-oak's red resin which was spilled on ground during your fight. You come to the conclusion that the beasts must be scavengers, so you expertly throw a knife towards a nearby tree, making the wire attached to it loop around a branch before pulling yourself up into the tree in order to hide. As the creatures get close, Saraquel suddenly gets up from his slumber and quietly walks behind a bush near your hiding place. A few moments later two animals walk into the clearing, one of them covered in red fur and seemingly blind while the other one's fur was a cyan-blue and it's eyes were bright yellow. Both of them were walking on two legs.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:03:03 pm by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 27) Roll to stab demons: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2017, 05:42:48 pm »

Add 1 stat point to strength, head down the stairs.

((Is there a reason why I'm wearing the yellow mask instead of the green in my face slot?))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2017, 06:58:01 pm »

"Yeah, thanks."

Chug down her potion and use Nature's furnace to make another sword from the stone in cave, focusing on making it thinner, and better for stabbing.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2017, 07:02:07 pm »

Return to the outskirts of Metrolia where I first met Nez'gol. Eat a crimson orange. Ready myself for betrayal.

His words... were they not sinister...?
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2017, 09:48:03 pm »

Quickly whisper to the two.

"Sir, aim for the mage. That should distract the orcs for a bit. Carola, target the orcs with your magic. After that, we both charge at the same time though I'd like you to take point to intercept their attacks. We'll deal with the least injured orc first."

Do things as planned but again, be wary of the mage. Activate Battle Focus.

Anyway, the plan is to have the dark magic user guy attack the elf mage twice with his magic to either finish the enemy off or to distract the two orcs. After that, Carola should use her Saint Wave magic on the two orcs to deal some damage to them. Then, we both charge against them. Carola takes point as her capabilities are far more suited to dealing with the two enemies. Once we're in melee range, Carola should try to attack first and also intercept the orcs attacks after which I follow and attack the orcs with my lightning enchanted blade, twice if needed. If we manage to deal with the orcs and if either of us can still attack, then we deal with the elf if he's still alive.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:50:42 pm by Crimson »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2017, 03:45:12 am »

Cyfraith observes to see what the creatures do, whether they follow the corpse or not, and whether they detect Saraqael.

If they attack, she tossed them aside with a gust of air (tempest) and then attempts to pin the feet of the nearest one with her throwing knives.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2017, 02:32:51 pm »

Nayrous flees the acid and draws near to the queen for shadow blast.

"Disappear."

Nayrous casts shadow blast.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 28) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2017, 05:33:33 pm »

Roll 28
----
@NRDL Sorry, it was just an accident. Should be fixed now.
--
@Crimson Just so you know, only player characters and major bosses naturally have 2 major actions per roll. Other characters only have 1, although they can get more through certain passives/abilities.

--

Mercenary 1

You go down the stairs, Daxon following just behind you. It doesn't take long until you enter in square room with a rather... unique floor. If it could be called a floor, that is, considering how it below you was a seemingly infinite expanse of drifting colors, ranging from red to yellow to green, the only thing separating you from them being an invisible barrier. In contrast, the walls and ceiling look normal, save the many runes and strange images painted on them.
"The hall of ceremonies..." your partner muttered, his voice filled with excitement. Looking around, you see two red chests sitting next to a big jar painted blue.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You get up and run away from the puddle of acid, although some still clings to your bones. Fortunately, it isn't enough to do any further damage. Anyway, you run up to the queen, but before you can even raise your rod an arrow flies past you...

(Rhunon: 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 13 vs 5 = 1 - 2 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Dodge Millipuf Queen)
(Armor protection: 7 - 3 = 5 damage)

And goes straght through the Queen's shell, finally killing it off. She lands hard on the ground next to the second Nereim.

Victory! +23 exp! Rhunon leveled up! Nayrous leveled up!
Quest complete! +2 exp {AGI} to Rhunon, +2 exp {INT} to Nayrous.

"Good, without their queen the millipuves will die off." Rhunon says, placing his shortbow on his back. You both turn your head towards the holes in the wall in front of you as the buzzing sound was getting closer. "Now we need to get out of here. I think I know a way." he added, darting off towards the slope you used to get there earlier. You follow behind him until you come back at the wood bridge. You cross it and arrive at another section of the cave with two paths in front of you, one on the left side and one on the right side, both of them leading up.
"Which way should we go?" your partner asks with an alarmed look.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You take your leave from the blacksmith before going out of the town and into the forest, the broadsword wielding lizardman from earlier shooting you a glare as you passed by. Anyway, you manage to find your way to the glade then go north, arriving back at the crossroads where you see Nez'gol chatting with Sar'nir. In their language, of course. Anyway, you peel off the soft shell of a Crimson Orange before eating it, making you feel invigorated. It also tasted pretty good, like an orange with some spice, giving it a 'fiery' flavour in your mouth. After that is over with, you walk up to Nez'gol, ready for him to betray you or something.
"Ahraek g'ul... I mean, good to see you again, Antaeus." he says as you walked in front of them. "If you have a minute, I'd want to ask you something." he adds, looking slightly awkward.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

You gulp down the liquid and instantly feel your pain being relieved while your wounds close under your eyes, leaving only a small injury on your waist. (+2 health, -3 pain)
After that, you proceed to make another sword from the stone inside the cave. It only takes about twelve seconds for a bunch of stones to come loose from the walls and meld into a sword with a thinner blade, better for stabbing. Although, since it is made out of pure stone, it is still somewhat unwieldy. And uncomfortable to use, since you still don't have gloves. Vanina, who was watching with interest the creation process of the weapon, pokes your shoulder.
"That's an impressive ability you have there, but we still have to decide which way we should go." she remarks, gesturing towards the two paths. "The one going forward will lead us outside, but you can take the south one if you want to explore this cave some more." the girl explained with a slight smile towards the end.
--
Enemies:

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"Got it." Carola replies while the man only nods.
"By the way, you can call me Fenrir." he says to you before firing off a concentration of shadows towards the mage.

(Man: 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 3 vs 2 = 1 - 3 - 3 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 Dodge Elf mage)
(Ward protection: 1 - 2 + 1 = 0 damage)

The shadow fragment fails to pierce the elf's shield, leaving him unharmed. He then proceeds to cast a massive fireball towards you!

(Elf mage: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 1 = -2 vs 8 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 Dodge Mystel)
(Elf mage: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 - 3 - 1 = -2 vs 6 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 Dodge Fenrir)
(Elf mage: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 - 3 - 3 - 1 = 4 vs 8 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Parry Carola)

Yet it fails to hurt any of you. Anyway, the girl proceeds to cast her Saint Waves on the two orcs, who were almost in front of you by now...

(Carola: 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Parry Red Orc #1)
(Armor protection: 1 - 2 = -1 damage)
(Carola: 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9 vs 6 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Parry Red Orc #2)
(Armor protection: 3 - 2 = 1)

The second one seems to have sufered minor burns from the burst of holy magic, while the other one was mostly unhurt. You and the wounded orc both move in to attack eachother...

(Clash {AGI}: Myste 4 vs -1 = 1 - 1 - 1 Red Orc #2)

You outspeed him and proceed to strike towards him.

(Mystel: 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 8 vs 7 = 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Parry Red Orc#2)
(Armor protection: 1 - 2 - 1 - 1 = -3 damage)
(Electicity damage: +1)
(Mystel: 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 7 vs 8 = 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 5 Parry Red Orc#2)
(Electicity damage: +1)

He isn't hurt by either of your attacks, but he is simply killed by the electrical discharges from your dai-katana. Meanwhile, you see the other orc engaging Carola.

(Red Orc #2: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 7 vs 8 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Parry Carola)

She just manages to block off his blow.

---
Enemies:

Elf mage

Red Orc
---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

The blue one goes to inspect the remains of the blood-oak, which are mostly branches you cut off with the axe, while the red one sniffs the ground. A few moments later it growls towards the other one and makes a motion with it's tail towards the bush Saraquel was hiding behind. They both approach the hiding place of your companion, who seemed to be deciding whenever to run for it or fight, but they stop when a howl resounds in the distance. The red one snarls while the blue one responds with another howl before they both dart off into the darkness of the trees. Probably a member of their pack found something more edible than brambles.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:27:27 am by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2017, 05:37:21 pm »

Carefully inspect the chests for any sign of traps. If there's nothing, open em.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 28) Roll to stalk werewolves: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2017, 04:06:59 am »

"Well, can't hurt to explore a little more I guess."

Geralt said, after drinking the potion.

"Let's head south."
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 28) Roll to stalk werewolves: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2017, 07:16:47 am »

"Carola, Fenrir, take care of the orc!"

Get up-close and attack the mage my enchanted dai-katana. If I kill him with my first attack, use Thunder Impulse on the remaining orc if he's still alive.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34