Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: RtD: ARENA! ROUND 1-TURN 16: Self-Destructive Spider  (Read 14710 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: RtD: ARENA! ROUND 1-TURN 12: FUCK YOU COG, FUCK YOU, FINALLY.
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2011, 07:20:48 pm »

Shouldn't the blood give me a bonus to prayer? And get more blood then part again.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2011, 08:28:27 pm »

Go to the main room, stab the first thing I see

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2011, 09:43:11 pm »

Death is not an option
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2011, 12:42:03 pm »

Yeah, sorry guys. I've been messing around with my new computer that I got for my B-day for the past few days. Gonna start working on turn 13 now.
Also, let me remind you. You can go someplace completely with a major action. You may go to a place with two minor actions as well. Praying is ALWAYS a major action, so each time you guys post "do a prayer", I cut out whatever else I need to cut out to get that main action done.

Round 1 - Turn 13

Altveria 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|D/chainblades w/ guards|0/6 Min|0/3 Maj|+1 def +2 turn|Wooden wep -1 attack +2 turn
You walk halfway to the main hub^. You then realize that, before going into whatever horrific battle that is going on in there, you should pray. So, you whip up a quick little rhyme and kneel down solemnly, starting your prayer.* [1] Oh god what the hell! Dioni just turned your weapons into wood! Driftwood, to be exact... but that is not the point! You receive -1 to attack for the next two turns. (will run out on turn 15.)

Larry 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|Holy whip/Motor-Glove|2/6 Min|0/3 Maj|+1 pray +3 turn
You stare at the motor and the metal plate for several seconds, slowly glancing between the two. [4] You then hitch the motor onto a groove in the metal, slowly bending it and transforming it*! After a few seconds of the plate and motor writhing and seeming to melt together, you receive a Motor-Glove, a level 1 basic item! You then slide the gauntlet onto your right hand, taking a moment to scan the room^. [2] You notice one of those rounded, half-circle guards that go right above the hilt on a rapier to protect the hand.

Finn 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|Elec. Kraftwerk Mace|4/6 Min|1/3 Maj|
You take a looonnng moment to search* for something to combine with your Kraftwerk mace, which you have a sort of fascination with currently. [4] You notice a narrow metal tube with some springs and a button hanging off of it, as well as a suspicious looking area on the wall, that almost looks like... a large square button? Shrugging, you pick up the metal tube^, and realize that it is a mechanized blow-gun of sorts! You immediately start thinking about how you could combine it with your mace.

Hikari 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|Steelwood Qstaff|2/6 Min|0/3 Maj|
You mutter angrily at that smug bastard, the Rape-Spider. In all your anger, you yell something^! "DMANITS! You thing you meant it to be Damnits, but you shrug and attack the Rape-Spider anyway!* [5] Your staff flies around wildly, barely clinging to your hand as it smashes up and down and side to side and WHAM and CRUNCH and KRACK and all sorts of odd sounds! [3-2=1] The Rape-Spider struggles to fend off your blows and eventually gives up, allowing you to get a good few hits on it! It attains one major strike, for a total of 4/5 major strikes. Your Fallen Warriors then strike at it in turn!

Fallen Warrior 1 3/6 Min|0/3 Maj|
[1] Fallen Warrior 1 babbles wildly and whips its sword around in disarray*, cutting itself and giving itself one minor strike!

Fallen Warrior 2 4/6 Min|1/3 Maj|
[6] Fallen Warrior 2 fares MUCH better and launches into a crazy spinning attack on the Rape-Spider*! [3-2=1] The Rape-Spider fails to ward off the crushing, slicing swings that the Fallen Warrior gives it, and it attains a major strike and a minor strike, for a total of 5/5 major strikes! The Rape-Spider whistles and clunks wildly as it stumbles around, smashing into the walls, finally dragging to a halt in the middle of a room. It drops 6 usable parts, as well as a very usable (+2 to crafting rolls with it) main core!

The Fallen Warriors bow to Hikari, and announce in strong voices: "Our duty is done, and now we leave, back to the dead seas."
They disappear with a small flash of darkness and some swirly dust.

Urist 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|Titanium spear|2/6 Min|0/3 Maj|
You manage to scoop up the blood and keep it in your fingers long enough to sacrifice it to Armok^! You receive a +1 to pray rolls for the next two turns (will run out on turn 15)! You then kneel down and start a guttural prayer*. [1+1=2] Armok is a wily god, and sometimes chooses to not hear many prayers at all. This is one such time.

Monk 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|Machete|4/6 Min|2/3 Maj|
You run off to the main room!* Unfortunately, you don't have enough actions to do anything else in the main room, so you just sit there^, watching all that has been going on.

---

Robo-Spider 1 2/7 Min|0/3 Maj|
[3] Robo-Spider 1 fails to attack anything*, perhaps a bit shocked at the sudden death of its robotic leader.

Robo-Spider 2 2/7 Min|0/3 Maj|
[1] Robo-Spider 2 fares even worse, and stabs itself* in one of its other arms in shock, receiving one minor strike!

Robo-Spider 3 1/7 Min|0/3 Maj|
[5] Robo-Spider 3 is made of tougher stuff than one and two, however, and swings it scythe at... Hikari! [6] Hikari so easily bats the swing away that the scythe-arm twists awkwardly and snaps some of its wires, receiving one minor strike!

Robo-Spider 4 0/7 Min|0/3 Maj|
[4] Robo-Spider 4 is too occupied to notice the failures of its kin, and attacks Urist! [1] Urist, pumped up at the sight of the death of the Rape-Spider, does not notice the blade coming towards him and screams as the saw-blade cuts into his flesh, a spray of blood blinding him! He receives two minor strikes!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:42:23 pm by Repulsion »
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtD: ARENA! ROUND 1-TURN 13: Fall of the Rape-Spider
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2011, 02:01:58 pm »

>:( Dioni, Y U betray me?

Head the rest of the way into the main hub, then craft together usable parts and Rape-spider main core into some armor.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2011, 05:47:54 pm »

Pray with blood as a sacrifice again...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2011, 07:10:13 pm »

Use the Kraftwerk Mace as a flashlight-style attachment to the dart gun, christening it the "Portisgun"

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2011, 07:18:07 pm »

Use the Kraftwerk Mace as a flashlight-style attachment to the dart gun, christening it the "Portisgun"
'
Erm, the dart tube is about an inch across, and something like half a foot long. Maybe you should switch the attachment part around :P

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2011, 07:23:26 pm »

Okay then. I just needed a scale, then.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2011, 09:35:09 pm »

Right then, I shall take credit for the death of the rape spider, and appeal to the audience! Then, as a minor action I shall pray for some healing.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2011, 09:54:51 pm »

Pray to Banjo, to turn the robo-spiders into my mindless puppets

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2011, 02:17:04 pm »

Craft the parts into a laser gun, and sacrifice what remains to Hades asking for the power to summon the lost spirits at will.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2011, 02:18:06 pm »

Hooray, now we can get an update!

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2011, 03:48:51 pm »

Round 1 - Turn 14

Altveria 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|D/chainblades w/guards|0/6 Min|0/3 Maj|+1 def +1 turn|Wood wep -1 attack +1 turn
You walk the rest of the way to main hub^, staring sadly at your once metal chainblades. You arrive in the main hub, staring at everything in there slowly, your eyebrows raising. You then pick up the Rape-Spider main core and a metal plate from the Rape-Spiders corpse* (5 usable parts remain).

Urist 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|Titanium spear|2/6 Min|0/3 Maj|
You scoop up some of the blood from the ground once again, as well as collecting some blood from the spray coming from your own body. You then attempt to sacrifice it! Armok has already gotten some blood from you, however, and refuses the sacrifice. You shrug and kneel down to pray to him. [1+1=2] Armok still does not hear your pleas. Damn, you are unlucky right now. You wonder about how you could fix this problem of sucking at praying, and then it comes to you. MORE BLOOD!

Finn 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|Elec. Kraftwerk Mace/Dart-gun|4/6 Min|1/3 Maj|
[3] Attempting to latch the dart-gun onto your mace, you struggle with it wildly, scanning the mace for any hooks to latch the dart-gun on, or any hooks on the dart-gun. You try many combinations but... it just doesn't seem to work. You frown coldly and stare at the two weapons.

Larry 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|Holy whip/Motor-glove|2/6 Min|0/3 Maj|+1 pray +2 turn
You laugh wildly and bend to your knee, flashing a shiny smile, and making a hopeful gesture with your hands, appealing to the audience. [6] The audience looks at the corpse of the Rape-Spider and you, and seems to connect the dots! (Even if they aren't the right dots). As they see Altveria take the best pieces of loot from the corpse of the Rape-Spider, they take pity on you and give you a... Evercraft box! A box that can turn into anything to craft with, and gives a +3 to crafting rolls! You are about to pray when you realize that you can't pray, you've already used most of your energy appealing! Too bad, you suppose, then look happily at your small little box.

Monk 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|Machete|4/6 Min|2/3 Maj|Robo-Spider minion.
You look at the remaining Rape-Spiders, and realize that an opportunity presents itself to you! Breathing deeply, linking your hands together in a thoughtful pose, you pray to Banjo! [4] Banjo laughs in your mind, and you hear the strings of a... banjo (this does not surprise you). Robo-Spider 4 goes completely rigid, and you see silvery, magical strings come from the ceiling into each of the Rape-Spiders legs for a moment. You laugh and shake your head. You must have been imagining things. Robo-Spider 4 scuttles over to you and stands at your side. You can now craft/customize Robo-Spider 4 if you have the parts (such as changing its weapons, the liquid in its syringe, it's name, among other things).

Hikari 4str|4dex|4per|4cha|Steelwood Qstaff|4/6 Min|0/3 Maj|
You snatch up 3 of the usable parts from the corpse! Two usable parts remain! And then, a great idea comes to you. Theoretically, it would be possible to craft a laser pistol with the flux wires and giga-capacitors from the Rape-Spider using the reverse Law of Yakuxe as a guideline and the basic blueprint for a squirt gun... yes, yes! [3] HOWEVER, you just can't seem to put your plan into action. Hmm, according to your calculations, it would be entirely possible for what you wanted to happen to happen... you suppose that you will try again some other time.

---

Robo-Spider 1 2/7 Min|0/3 Maj|
[3] Robo-Spider 1 lunges around at four or five people, repeatedly changing course before it gets to each one. Eventually it stops and beeps a bit.

Robo-Spider 2 2/7 Min|0/3 Maj|
[5] Robo-Spider 2 moves in a serpentine towards Hikari, swinging it's saw-blade to and fro like some kind of machine! Wait, it is a machine, but a non-sentient factory machine! [2] Hikari is a bit unused to blocking such wide swings, and the Robo-Spider manages to cut into his arms several times! Hikari receives two minor strikes!

Robo-Spider 3 2/7 Min|0/3 Maj|
[4] Robo-Spider 3 scuttles ominously over to Finn, it's weapons twisting and moving back and forth! [6] Finn throws his mace at the Robo-Spider in defense with such force that an electro-magnetic wave blasts the Robo-Spider and mace apart from each other! Finn catches the mace as it flies his way, and the Robo-Spider smashes into the wall, twisting one of its legs a bit. It receives one minor strike!

---
DELICIOUS OPPORTUNITIES

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2011, 03:54:47 pm »

Overload the spider and push the button! Try to find some rope, too!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:05:49 pm by Fniff »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16