Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796689 times)

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7485 on: November 16, 2012, 01:33:44 am »

Attempted to use the Dance of the Dead with the Music Stage. Resurrected close to 100 corpses.

The only issue is that it immediately caused a giant war between the corpses and my military, and was completely negative, overall. x,x

This just gave me an idea for speed-training my military without the use of danger rooms.  Thanks for the inspiration.

This sounds like an amazing idea. What could possibly go wrong?

Just give your dwarf a hammer or other blunt weapon so you don't have a million limbs and organs resurrecting.

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: November 16, 2012, 01:45:40 am »

Just give your dwarf a hammer or other blunt weapon so you don't have a million limbs and organs resurrecting.

But if you do have a million limbs and organs resurrecting, your military will be able to train even faster.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: November 16, 2012, 03:05:34 am »

But if you do have a million limbs and organs resurrecting, your military will be able to train even faster.

You'd also have them tiring out, so they'd get killed by individual horse hairs. I somehow doubt you can kill those, even in the temporary sense that undead can be killed in.

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: November 16, 2012, 04:29:57 am »

Hey guys, just came across a interesting... "Feature"?
Im not sure if this is actiualy a feature, but if it is....
WAT.

Well, heres the scene; I havent managed to make any booze for months and my 14 dwarves are tantruming and bezerking left and right. Ive gone through 9 miners - even though i only have 4 picks. But then i get a really weird message.

I... Wha? I know this sort of message appears when a cat grows up or something and "Become a Stray Cat" But i wasnt aware that it could happen to my onw dwarves.

So, naturaly, i check the unit screen, and, sure enough, i cant find the dwarf.
That is, until i check the pets screen on a whim.
Sure enough, there she is, digging.

So, i find the dwarf in the fortress, digging around like a normal dwarf, with her 3 Miner buddies carving out a Food Storage area (Kinda useless, since everyone is dying of dehydration, but meh)
I inspect the dwarf with "K" to get a description of the dwarf.... and;

I am almost certain that this is the description usually reserved for concubines.
Now im amazed by this. I didnt know that being dehydrated and upset turned you into what is essentially a whore.
Its kinda sweet that she still is happy digging away.

Edit:
I dont know how to make that third image smaller, dangit. Im sure there is a way.
Also, since she is 'Stray'.... does that mean someone can 'Own' her?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:31:29 am by JimmyBobJr »
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: November 16, 2012, 10:15:57 am »

It doesn't, sometimes concubines migrate as children.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: November 16, 2012, 01:40:45 pm »

with
You've got a concubine there. They're basically skill-less dwarfs that can occasionally come with migrants with a skill or two. You can buy them too so they count as pets.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: November 16, 2012, 02:10:11 pm »

also: the 2 alfa package is missing some files ?

Do I have to unzip it WITH the 1.9.5. package ?

After world generation, wich options can be turned on without really losing the effects ?
for example, can I activate extra buildings, casts and mages after a while I started ?
and beasts and megabeasts will exist after a world generation that did not include them ?
Missing files (Alpha): No, don't use 1.9.5. The files you are looking for are in the normal dwarf fortress zip. You need to extract dwarf fortress into the df folder.

After world creation only options to the ini files can be changed. These are the options on the first page... temperature on/off, pop/cap, fullscreen, tilesets ect.

Everything else requires a new world to be generated. Also some of the tilesets change the ini's AND raws, and so will cause graphics glitches (like mushrooms in walls) if you do not regenerate the world.

Ok that's clear, thank you.

Another question: will be a 1.9.5 game compatible on 2+ game in the future ?

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: November 16, 2012, 02:30:23 pm »

also: the 2 alfa package is missing some files ?

Do I have to unzip it WITH the 1.9.5. package ?

After world generation, wich options can be turned on without really losing the effects ?
for example, can I activate extra buildings, casts and mages after a while I started ?
and beasts and megabeasts will exist after a world generation that did not include them ?
Missing files (Alpha): No, don't use 1.9.5. The files you are looking for are in the normal dwarf fortress zip. You need to extract dwarf fortress into the df folder.

After world creation only options to the ini files can be changed. These are the options on the first page... temperature on/off, pop/cap, fullscreen, tilesets ect.

Everything else requires a new world to be generated. Also some of the tilesets change the ini's AND raws, and so will cause graphics glitches (like mushrooms in walls) if you do not regenerate the world.

Ok that's clear, thank you.

Another question: will be a 1.9.5 game compatible on 2+ game in the future ?

No. Meph is basically completely recoding the mod with the 2.0 release.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: November 16, 2012, 03:03:42 pm »

The problem with concubine is when they become mayors.

I am not kidding, it did happen in one of my forts, and I got a few death because I couldn't know what she mandated.
Well, in some aspects, it is FUN, but it surely can become quite strange rapidly with those, even if it does provide a way to get a 8th dwarf on the embark.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: November 16, 2012, 06:24:53 pm »

Ok, I asked this earlier but got no awnser. I went through a ton of to get all the meterials for a chruch of the dark depths, howver it still says I need 10 bone blocks when I have like 100. Is this a bug of some sort, or do I have the "wrong" kind of bone blocks ( I used the "Construct Bone Blocks (4)" order from the boneyard)?

Help pl0x?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:30:10 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: November 16, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »

Ok, I asked this earlier but got no awnser. I went through a ton of to get all the meterials for a chruch of the dark depths, howver it still says I need 10 bone blocks when I have like 100. Is this a bug of some sort, or do I have the "wrong" kind of bone blocks ( I used the "Construct Bone Blocks (4)" order from the boneyard)?

Help pl0x?

It's bugged currently. It requires bone_brick or similar issue in the raws, instead of Bone_block. If I wasn't neck deep in 'fun', I'd go find it - but check the last 20 pages or so, I've seen it twice and responded to!

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: November 16, 2012, 11:38:02 pm »

with
You've got a concubine there. They're basically skill-less dwarfs that can occasionally come with migrants with a skill or two. You can buy them too so they count as pets.
Nonono, This dwarf appeared in the second migration wave and spent at least a year as a normal Dwarf (A Miner most of that time) but when other dwarves started bezerking and suiciding she instead became a concubine.
She turned INTO one from being a normal miner dwarf.
Where is the chemistry
It created soap.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: November 17, 2012, 05:21:55 am »

with
Nonono, This dwarf appeared in the second migration wave and spent at least a year as a normal Dwarf (A Miner most of that time) but when other dwarves started bezerking and suiciding she instead became a concubine.
I'm fairly sure that's not possible unless there was an interaction turning her into one. Unless she was something transformed before and it somehow wore off?

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: November 17, 2012, 07:48:21 am »

with
I'm fairly sure that's not possible unless there was an interaction turning her into one. Unless she was something transformed before and it somehow wore off?
That could be possible... i guess.
What i think happened was a mix up in the insanity code (Or was it intentional  :-\ ) where instead of Bezerking, Melancholy-ing etc, she Whore-ified. Everyone else was Bezerking at the time, so it just seemed a bit to conincidential.

In any case, i cant inspect the dwarf in question further, a Megabeast with fire breath showed up and killed everyone, and im against save scumming so the save is gone.
Ah well.
Where is the chemistry
It created soap.

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: November 17, 2012, 12:34:42 pm »

My archeologist found some "scrolls of life" and an "eye of ra" during her excavations.  What are those items used for?
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 749