Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 114511 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1965 on: April 05, 2021, 02:31:50 pm »

"i'm dularach and sadly no ya can't, its something unique to my species"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: April 05, 2021, 05:52:03 pm »

"Oh, I see."

Dularach must be fully healed already, yeah? Seems like it. Dixie stops healing him and bows to take her leave.

She checks up on Plune, but she's not physically injured. Rather, she's just exhausted, which Dixie can do nothing about.

Finally, she walked towards Jack and Skye hoarding what's essentially the rock trolls' carcass. She grabs a sizeable shard. "Hm. Could I use this to make my gear fire-proof? That'd probably be too heavy. Maybe more daggers, and some arrowheads for Linea..."

She looks at Skye. "You're not planning to sell all these, are you? This seems like great material. Share some to the others, yeah? If only we have a wagon to carry all of it so that nothing's wasted... or maybe someone with dimensional storage."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 05:56:29 pm by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: April 05, 2021, 09:02:50 pm »

Koth follows the barkeeper's directions and makes his way over to the headquarters of the Mystville adventuring company.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: April 05, 2021, 10:12:10 pm »

"Oh, I see."

Dularach must be fully healed already, yeah? Seems like it. Dixie stops healing him and bows to take her leave.

She checks up on Plune, but she's not physically injured. Rather, she's just exhausted, which Dixie can do nothing about.

Finally, she walked towards Jack and Skye hoarding what's essentially the rock trolls' carcass. She grabs a sizeable shard. "Hm. Could I use this to make my gear fire-proof? That'd probably be too heavy. Maybe more daggers, and some arrowheads for Linea..."

She looks at Skye. "You're not planning to sell all these, are you? This seems like great material. Share some to the others, yeah? If only we have a wagon to carry all of it so that nothing's wasted... or maybe someone with dimensional storage."
"I see, remind me then after we get to town.", he replied to Dexie.

He opens a portal of dimensional storage. Perform an air bending to put all the chunks into it.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: April 05, 2021, 11:05:50 pm »

Koth follows the barkeeper's directions and makes his way over to the headquarters of the Mystville adventuring company.

Despite the late hour, Arven was still manning his post at the Adv Co headquarters, just busying himself with putting away the day's papers, when Kothrias enters the non-descript wood frame building.

The man smiles broadly as he greets the newcomer.

"Welcome to the Adventuring Company!" he extols jubilantly.  "How can I help you today?  Are you here to join?"

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: April 06, 2021, 02:25:30 am »

"Aye that i am," Kothrias nodded "Just got ere' too. Damned roads aren't what they used to be, I tell ye!" he sighed and shook his head.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: April 06, 2021, 12:52:18 pm »

Linea looks down the stampede trail impatiently, but with heavily suppressed apprehension.

And she had a very good reason to feel so. If anything, the recent attack clearly means that their presence had been compromised. Although she never intended to go all quiet, now... let's say she had put more value on keeping a low profile.

Yes, that notion seemed contradictive with how she was so hell-bent on burning a large swath of forest with her fire spells, but really, no enemy until they reached the lake, please. Time was clearly against them.

"If you folks done with honoring the tradition of looting or getting to know each other better, I simply want to say I am good to go."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: April 07, 2021, 02:42:45 am »

"Is that dimensional storage? That's impressive."
Dixie has been saved from the fate of putting crushed rocks where she keeps her clothes. She grabs a small piece of flint and tosses it at the portal, watching it get sucked with the rest, and she nods in approval.

She slings her magical bag over her left shoulder and walks to Linea. "Sorry. Let's go, then."

As they walk, Dixie flicks a finger and the Dagger of Destiny appears on her hand, still piercing a warm half-eaten slice of venison. "Want some? The bear's eaten the rest."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: April 07, 2021, 05:44:59 am »

Jack read the room.  It was time to head.

Quickly, he snapped off as many of the mushrooms he had sprouted the night before from their decaying substrate, shoved a handfull in his mouth raw, then carefully bagged the rest.  He placed a few in the spore collection jar, to replenish his supply.

Mama did not want to leave the deer remains, but after some prodding, she just picked up the whole remainder and trotted off with it. 

Spying a discarded lower leg bone from the skinning and cleaning, the old coot snatched it up.  While not 'ideal' material, it would suffice for making fishhooks. He still did not like where the material had come from though.

Shifting his hobo-sack over his shoulder, he tottered along next to Mama through the disturbed undergrowth.

---

Party travels uninterrupted.  (RNGsus spoke about this earlier when I rolled for the encounter.)
After a day of plodding through the undergrowth, they arrive near the lake. (Water edge is in sight.)

There are large wallows in the wet, muddy soil, and knocked over saplings in the area surrounding the lake, but otherwise no signs of a lake monster.  The whole area reeks of old fish. The wallows seem to make a kind of chaotic undulating path leading in random directions from the lake, then back again.

Further up the shore of the lake to the East, two small figures can be seen.  One has an ornate wood and straw mask on, and is dancing wildly while the other is beating small drums.  They are too far away to make out clearly, or to even hear the drumbeat.  They appear unaware of the party.

---

[in town]

Arven scratches behind his head nervously as the topic if road conditions comes up.

"We've had trouble keeping the roads in good repair, as none of the [surviving] laborers want to risk being torn apart just to keep the road maintained.  Situation just gets worse and worse. Started with just a few isolated disturbances, but has since become almost an all-out assault on the town, with unpredictable intervals between attempts.  They seem to be getting smarter, or at least, more violent and cunning with each attempt.  I suppose if we cant deal with the problem, the condition of the roads will be the least of our worries...."

His face looks grave while he frowns behind a well-trimmed beard.

"BUT-- Let's get you provisioned.  Standard issue is leather gear, and some healing potions from the company stock. I'll let the townsfolk know you have picked up the cause. They'll be a bit happier knowing some of you are still in town (though they have been whispering some odd things about that metal armor wearing fellow... He keeps prowling around the edge of town digging random holes.)"

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:58:53 am by wierd »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: April 07, 2021, 06:03:05 am »

"Natives? I don't sense any hostility right now, but..."

Dixie flicks her Dagger of Destiny into existence onto her right hand and takes a stance, ready to power-throw. The dagger starts to produce small sparks, as if about to catch fire. "You never know."

She wasn't smiling.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: April 07, 2021, 06:41:40 am »

"Did you see them? Those dancing figures. What are they doing?"

Linea squinted, exerting more mana to assist her flawed vision to see what Edwarg was pointing. "Dancing? What are they? Some goddamn hilichurls?

"Natives? I don't sense any hostility right now, but..."

Dixie flicks her Dagger of Destiny into existence onto her right hand and takes a stance, ready to power-throw. The dagger starts to produce small sparks, as if about to catch fire. "You never know."

She wasn't smiling.

"True.."

Linea opened her notebook to scan the surroundings. Although her name of the game was always 'prepare for the worst', this time her mind was preoccupied with something more important. Then again, they were outnumbering those natives, so it wouldn't hurt to entrust the fight to her peers should some hell break loose.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: April 07, 2021, 07:00:14 am »

"Aren't we supposed to be expecting something larger? Think they're trying to summon it with that... ritual? Either way, it might as well be very safe to interrupt them first, yes?"

Dixie throws the dagger hard, but in such a high angle that it definitely wouldn't reach the natives. Not even 10% close. However, the dagger explodes mid-air, and it flies swiftly towards the natives like a mini shooting star. As it reached a close distance to them, the dagger explodes a second time, not to damage but just to surprise them, maybe interrupt their performance.

The dagger, of course, is back at Dixie's waiting hand, teleported by the power of the Bound Ring.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:13:03 am by The Centipede »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: April 07, 2021, 10:43:22 am »

[The party pooping was itself pooped, so the party is back on!]

The small, and somewhat rotund humanoids turn to face the explosions in a startled manner, and notice the party in alarm.

The one wearing the mask points at the party, and after a short and animated exchange with his counterpart, the two high-tail it to the far East.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:56:07 am by wierd »

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: April 07, 2021, 12:10:07 pm »

"Aren't we supposed to be expecting something larger? Think they're trying to summon it with that... ritual? Either way, it might as well be very safe to interrupt them first, yes?"

Dixie throws the dagger hard, but in such a high angle that it definitely wouldn't reach the natives. Not even 10% close. However, the dagger explodes mid-air, and it flies swiftly towards the natives like a mini shooting star. As it reached a close distance to them, the dagger explodes a second time, not to damage but just to surprise them, maybe interrupt their performance.

The dagger, of course, is back at Dixie's waiting hand, teleported by the power of the Bound Ring.

"That was uncalled for." muttered Edwarg, wondering what's the point of asking for other's approval if in the end, you are doing whatever you wanted to do on a whim. Should have tried to talk to them, not scaring them. Come to think of it, why would they summon their monster now and not before we arrive? What if those guys were just chillin' and minding their own business dancing tango to pass time? Red zone or not, this is their home and we are the invaders here.

But Edwarg was not someone who likes to run his mouth scolding strangers, so he kept those thoughts to himself and reluctantly readied his weapon.

"This is why I left the army."

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: April 08, 2021, 12:47:46 am »

Skye is upset and sends Dexie into the water with his wind ability. He tells her that she ruined his trading business.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 07:38:33 am by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 142