Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963156 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #4875 on: July 12, 2016, 06:50:57 am »

I wonder is Kot is so boringly pro-human in all settings. "Nah, Hobbits sucks, only Gondor is worth it!". "Bah, Spock sucks, he's not even human!"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4876 on: July 12, 2016, 06:53:45 am »

I wonder is Kot is so boringly pro-human in all settings. "Nah, Hobbits sucks, only Gondor is worth it!". "Bah, Spock sucks, he's not even human!"
I wonder if Sheb is so boringly anti-human in all settings. "Nah, humans suck, only cat people Na'vi is worth it!"

Don't be daft sheb :P

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: July 12, 2016, 06:54:40 am »

(Gondor is the tits)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4878 on: July 12, 2016, 06:58:17 am »

(Gondor is the tits)
Easterlings are the bees knees

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4879 on: July 12, 2016, 07:11:31 am »

Just paint yourself green and shout Waaagh! and you'll be fine.
Aren't there some humies on Gorkamorka doing just that? They got the protection of necrons for some unknown reason, avoiding immediate krumping, but from there on they started copying Orks more and more until they occupied some niche near mekboy/slave, below orkboyz and above gretchin
Digganobz.

I think Fulgrim emulates the evolution of art in its cycles
Like how the Greeks tried portraying the most realistic essence of mankind, but as their skill improved this became more easily done so they switched to making perfect embodiments of man - the gods. Then they got bored of that and started making really fucked up shit / waifus. Cue to modern day where we had the same shit, a run up to epic realism of dankest proportion, then impressionism, then 2deep4u, then 3deep5u bodily fluids on canvas "art"
Then 40k is just the same, with perfectionists like Fulgrim setting out a path for another 10,000 years of that cycle, wherein perfectionists perfect their skill until they start having to go 2deep4u because they're really bored with realism leading up to human sculptures from fabulous bile
I also like how 40k, their painters, photographers and journalists are called remembrancers
Yes... no.
One of the main characters, the remembrancer sculptor guy got it right and actually told Fulgrim before Fulgrim flipped the fuck out and pinned him to the statue of Emperor It's not about achieving the perfection itself (which was what Slannesh promised and you get pretty graphic descriptions of how it turned out), but rather the pursuit of perfection and the fact that the beauty in his stuff (including the mentioned statue of Emperor which Fulgrim was fucking angry about because it was soooooo good) is not from it being perfect but rather from it being imperfect and having "human" spark or something.

Actualy, I noticed it long time ago, when I was a kid. Like, for example, everyone was playing Heroes of Might and Magic as various races and even enjoyed being evil Inferno fucks or something, but I stuck to the boring Castle hardcore. People called me out on this and... I never actually got why it is like that. It doesn't have to do much with them being evil or good or European or whatever, because I do enjoy some good Human variation (also, Rohan > Gondor, they just need some wings and they would make pretty good Winged Hussars) and I don't have anything much against Xeno Aliums Fantasy Hobbits as long as they're bros with us, but I was seriously born with hardwired "HFY" into my brain.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4880 on: July 12, 2016, 07:13:32 am »

Hobbits are the worst, Dorfs are better in every way

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: July 12, 2016, 07:15:18 am »

(Gondor is the tits)
Numenor is the dog's bollocks.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:17:55 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4882 on: July 12, 2016, 07:15:43 am »

I belive Dorfs are short humans that have confused sexualities, but apart from that completly normal. They are part of HFY.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4883 on: July 12, 2016, 07:21:04 am »

I belive Dorfs are short humans that have confused sexualities, but apart from that completly normal. They are part of HFY.
Ahahaha, you can't have a copout like that, otherwise Eldar are just humans with pointy ears and earsexuality

(Gondor is the tits)
Numenor is the dog's bollocks.
I'm so done for men of Dunland

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: July 12, 2016, 07:22:36 am »

Like how the Greeks tried portraying the most realistic essence of mankind, but as their skill improved this became more easily done so they switched to making perfect embodiments of man - the gods. Then they got bored of that and started making really fucked up shit / waifus. Cue to modern day where we had the same shit, a run up to epic realism of dankest proportion, then impressionism, then 2deep4u, then 3deep5u bodily fluids on canvas "art"
Then 40k is just the same, with perfectionists like Fulgrim setting out a path for another 10,000 years of that cycle, wherein perfectionists perfect their skill until they start having to go 2deep4u because they're really bored with realism leading up to human sculptures from fabulous bile
I also like how 40k, their painters, photographers and journalists are called remembrancers
Yes... no.
One of the main characters, the remembrancer sculptor guy got it right and actually told Fulgrim before Fulgrim flipped the fuck out and pinned him to the statue of Emperor It's not about achieving the perfection itself (which was what Slannesh promised and you get pretty graphic descriptions of how it turned out), but rather the pursuit of perfection and the fact that the beauty in his stuff (including the mentioned statue of Emperor which Fulgrim was fucking angry about because it was soooooo good) is not from it being perfect but rather from it being imperfect and having "human" spark or something.
So basically learn from experimentation instead of imitation?

Yes... no.

Actualy, I noticed it long time ago, when I was a kid. Like, for example, everyone was playing Heroes of Might and Magic as various races and even enjoyed being evil Inferno fucks or something, but I stuck to the boring Castle hardcore. People called me out on this and... I never actually got why it is like that. It doesn't have to do much with them being evil or good or European or whatever, because I do enjoy some good Human variation (also, Rohan > Gondor, they just need some wings and they would make pretty good Winged Hussars) and I don't have anything much against Xeno Aliums Fantasy Hobbits as long as they're bros with us, but I was seriously born with hardwired "HFY" into my brain.
I guess you aren't using it as an outlet for "bad". (I am talking about the aforementioned HoMM players.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4885 on: July 12, 2016, 07:25:44 am »

Ahahaha, you can't have a copout like that, otherwise Eldar are just humans with pointy ears and earsexuality
In Wh40k lore Squats were literally just a sub-race of humans, though.
That was also the time when Eldar and Humans were completly capable of interbreeding and there was Half-Eldar Space Marine, so you might be onto something.

So basically learn from experimentation instead of imitation?
Not sure what you mean. Fulgrim and the rest experimented a lot and ended up with (literally) shit statues and music instruments made out of living humans.

I guess you aren't using it as an outlet for "bad". (I am talking about the aforementioned HoMM players.)
I never felt the need for that. I can play Nazis or something but I never understood why some people enjoy being evil in games so much. It's fun and a nice break from being boring hero again, but I would still proably feel bad if I started stealing and killing everyone even in a game.
Inb4 that means I'm a psychopath or something.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4886 on: July 12, 2016, 07:31:32 am »

In Wh40k lore Squats were literally just a sub-race of humans, though.
Until they got squatted
Anyways, this is Dorf forum, that is definitely a copout

That was also the time when Eldar and Humans were completly capable of interbreeding and there was Half-Eldar Space Marine, so you might be onto something.
Half Eldar space marine is not fertile, sounds like something a tiger and lion would produce
Shame they never tried the Eldar Imperium gambit though, that'd be a pretty cool way to end everything

Not sure what you mean. Fulgrim and the rest experimented a lot and ended up with (literally) shit statues and music instruments made out of living humans.
Oh yeah, it's worth specifying Fabulous human sculpture is... Human... Sculpting

I never felt the need for that. I can play Nazis or something but I never understood why some people enjoy being evil in games so much. It's fun and a nice break from being boring hero again, but I would still proably feel bad if I started stealing and killing everyone even in a game.
Inb4 that means I'm a psychopath or something.
Yeah it's nice and all destroying sand castles, but that gets boring because it's easy. Building a sand castle in the face of the ocean is far more fun in its own futile way

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: July 12, 2016, 07:34:03 am »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: July 12, 2016, 07:44:33 am »

Hobbits are the worst, Dorfs are better in every way
Agreed. Hobbits basically have no reason to exist in anything outside of LotR. Hobbits were heroes in LotR specifically because they were unambitious and thus had resistance against the Ring. That was their only upside. Having hobbits in games like dnd makes no damn sense. They're small, weak, and the lore literally says they prefer chilling at home or maybe sightseeing, not fighting zombies all day erry day for the $$$.

Dwarves, on the other hand, are strong, tough, iron willed, and make bitching wargear.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4889 on: July 12, 2016, 07:46:36 am »

ITT:
Feudal worlds.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 824